You can blame the CDC, not NCL for the latest suspensions.

CaptainWes

56 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Why not just blame Covid-19.....?

Sure, COVID is the core issue, but the CDC is drawing out the process to get cruise lines approved for sailing to the point that the CDC isn't even listening to the cruise lines when they come to the CDC with suggestions or plans for health and safety.  I kind of get it though, if you follow the argument that cruise lines don't pay US taxes (directly) so why should anything be done to help them in any way.

• Like 4

I am a nurse and see every day how this virus is killing people. Cruise ships are a Petri dish for spread of viruses. I want nothing more to go cruising again. This has been my only vacation destination for over ten years but it will not be safe until a vaccine is found, tested and proved. Give me a break. How can you even consider a cruise until this happens. It is not CDC fault nor ncl’s fault. It is the fault of a virus that no one saw coming or could have predicted its contagiousness or deadliness. Dear God have people not seen what this virus can do? 

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

I am a nurse and see every day how this virus is killing people. Cruise ships are a Petri dish for spread of viruses. I want nothing more to go cruising again. This has been my only vacation destination for over ten years but it will not be safe until a vaccine is found, tested and proved. Give me a break. How can you even consider a cruise until this happens. It is not CDC fault nor ncl’s fault. It is the fault of a virus that no one saw coming or could have predicted its contagiousness or deadliness. Dear God have people not seen what this virus can do? 
But it's ok for Disney to open? It's ok for all the theme parks up open? It's ok for airlines to fly people around in a tube?
You cruise and you just used the BS Petri dish propaganda argument? You have to be kidding me m

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Disney and the airlines are requiring everyone to wear masks... many cruisers have stated they won't cruise if masks are required when you're outside your cabin.
Yeah and you watch the video of the reopening of some of these parks you will see many people not wearing masks and employees not enforcing it either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hladygirl said:

Thank you for the heroic work you  do.  

• Like 6

Are people too stupid to realise NCL are completely aware Of when cruising will commence, they are after your money.

Check the prices, it’s obvious they are not sailing, then compare what you’re credit with 25% will get you next summer, not much.

Modern day ponzie scheme  

• Like 4

I really can't figure out why many people read one article, that presents only one side of an argument (is there a single quote from anyone at CDC in there? Did they even reach out to CDC for comment?) and assume that is the full story.  Sorry, until I see both sides presented, I reserve judgement on either party.

Do I feel that the CDC has unjustly punished the cruise ship crew over the last few months, when they have allowed foreign crew from cargo ships to crew change freely using public transportation, and without legal attestations by the ship owners that the crew would not mingle with the public, etc?  Yes, I do, and I feel that the current "color code" scheme is a good compromise since there have been cases of covid on some cruise ships among the crew, but I feel this should have been rolled out months ago, and was not done so as a punishment to the cruise lines.

Now, with regard to resumption of sailing, again, we only have NCL's word that they have been presenting ideas for a while (no data on when or what was submitted, and how close it was to the requirements in the no sail order), so I can't hold NCL blameless until I see their timeline of efforts.  We also only have NCL's word that the CDC has not responded to their suggestions, so until I see a response from the CDC, I can't hold CDC blameless.

Do I feel that some of the requirements in the no sail order are onerous, and likely not feasible economically, yes.  Do I feel that some of the requirements that may be onerous are required due to this pandemic, yes.  Do I feel that the CDC has been pretty busy up til now with dealing with covid across the country, so they may have foregone some attention to a non-essential industry, yes.  Do I feel that the cruise lines have been stalling hoping that much of the restrictions of the no sail order would go away, yes.  Do I feel that comparisons between cruise ships and airlines, resorts, etc are inaccurate, yes.  Do I feel that cruise ships are "petri dishes for viruses", no, no more than any other business convention where thousands are clumped together for a week, nor any more than a meat packing plant, where workers stand literally shoulder to shoulder all day long.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah and you watch the video of the reopening of some of these parks you will see many people not wearing masks and employees not enforcing it either.

Again it all comes down to the almighty dollar. They aren't going to police their "guests", just as cruise lines don't enforce all their rules. 

Time will tell , however with Jacksonville shutting beaches/bars down again should tell us something about spikes. Any vacation type venue had better Dance lightly, all eyes are on them.

And this is a very good reason cruise lines need to have all their ducks in a row. ANY outbreak once sailing begins and they will be right back to square one.

if you haven't read Chengkp75's response read it. As always he seems pretty much on point.

• Like 3

Again it all comes down to the almighty dollar. They aren't going to police their "guests", just as cruise lines don't enforce all their rules. 

Time will tell , however with Jacksonville shutting beaches/bars down again should tell us something about spikes. Any vacation type venue had better Dance lightly, all eyes are on them.

And this is a very good reason cruise lines need to have all their ducks in a row. ANY outbreak once sailing begins and they will be right back to square one.

if you haven't read Chengkp75's response read it. As always he seems pretty much on point.
Yeah, Jacksonville shutting down again is very alarming. I just saw Hong Kong cancelled 1300 flights because the virus is spiking there. Cruises aren't going up resume this year I'm certain of that. Maybe late spring but who can really tell.
Astrazeneca said their vaccine is going to protect a year at a time. If I need that and proof I have taken that to cruise I will do that. Actually I will take that anyway if it's safe. I take the regular flu shot every year now after I got it seriously bad a few years ago. I'm not a nutty conspiracy guy about vaccines either so no problem as long as it's safe.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah, Jacksonville shutting down again is very alarming. I just saw Hong Kong cancelled 1300 flights because the virus is spiking there. Cruises aren't going up resume this year I'm certain of that. Maybe late spring but who can really tell.
Astrazeneca said their vaccine is going to protect a year at a time. If I need that and proof I have taken that to cruise I will do that. Actually I will take that anyway if it's safe. I take the regular flu shot every year now after I got it seriously bad a few years ago. I'm not a nutty conspiracy guy about vaccines either so no problem as long as it's safe.

Unfortunately you have some who see and believe what is actually happening and those that think this is a big joke.

Heck you have nurses giving their opinions which differ. I guess it depends if one has been affected by COVID or not.

• Like 4

Morning paper reports that Texas and Florida both reported new record high  daily cases of about 2700 each on Tuesday.  It listed several other states in excess of 2000 for new daily highs.   Until this is contained, you're not going to be cruising.  The logistics and procedures necessary to insure a virus free ship load of passengers would be unreal, and the ports aren't going to let them dock as long as the virus spread is increasing.  

• Like 4

Unfortunately you have some who see and believe what is actually happening and those that think this is a big joke.

Heck you have nurses giving their opinions which differ. I guess it depends if one has been affected by COVID or not.

I agree with that.

44 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Morning paper reports that Texas and Florida both reported new record high  daily cases of about 2700 each on Tuesday. 

Please, Please don’t believe what you read without more facts.  

Fact:  On June 16, the Texas daily total of cases reported included a large number of cases dumped in from TDCJ without regard to date of occurrence.

P.S.  I have a screenshot for the naysayers.  The spike is evident but not due to cases which occurred/verified positive on that date.

Edited by logan25
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

And there you have it. Unless some have been personally affected this whole COVID-19 pandemic is not real. I have had to sit on my hands to keep from replying to some posts. Just hope that those who believe that this current situation is not real are not impacted physically by this virus. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I really can't figure out why many people read one article, that presents only one side of an argument (is there a single quote from anyone at CDC in there? Did they even reach out to CDC for comment?) and assume that is the full story.  Sorry, until I see both sides presented, I reserve judgement on either party.

Do I feel that the CDC has unjustly punished the cruise ship crew over the last few months, when they have allowed foreign crew from cargo ships to crew change freely using public transportation, and without legal attestations by the ship owners that the crew would not mingle with the public, etc?  Yes, I do, and I feel that the current "color code" scheme is a good compromise since there have been cases of covid on some cruise ships among the crew, but I feel this should have been rolled out months ago, and was not done so as a punishment to the cruise lines.

Now, with regard to resumption of sailing, again, we only have NCL's word that they have been presenting ideas for a while (no data on when or what was submitted, and how close it was to the requirements in the no sail order), so I can't hold NCL blameless until I see their timeline of efforts.  We also only have NCL's word that the CDC has not responded to their suggestions, so until I see a response from the CDC, I can't hold CDC blameless.

Do I feel that some of the requirements in the no sail order are onerous, and likely not feasible economically, yes.  Do I feel that some of the requirements that may be onerous are required due to this pandemic, yes.  Do I feel that the CDC has been pretty busy up til now with dealing with covid across the country, so they may have foregone some attention to a non-essential industry, yes.  Do I feel that the cruise lines have been stalling hoping that much of the restrictions of the no sail order would go away, yes.  Do I feel that comparisons between cruise ships and airlines, resorts, etc are inaccurate, yes.  Do I feel that cruise ships are "petri dishes for viruses", no, no more than any other business convention where thousands are clumped together for a week, nor any more than a meat packing plant, where workers stand literally shoulder to shoulder all day long.

Bravo!!!!!

• Like 2