Sept cruise - I can't look at shore excursions anymore

furf_n_slo

We are booked on the Glory out of New Orleans in September. For about a week now, I haven't been able to look at shore excursions. I just get a website error message that they are working on it. 

I know most September cruises have disappeared from search all together. We were hoping that it just meant capacity restrictions.  But with the inability to book excursions, I'm worried they'll try to keep the cruise going without any ports. 

Are others having issues looking at excursions in August/September?

Screenshot_20200618-095355.png

1 minute ago, furf_n_slo said:

We are booked on the Glory out of New Orleans in September. For about a week now, I haven't been able to look at shore excursions. I just get a website error message that they are working on it. 

I know most September cruises have disappeared from search all together. We were hoping that it just meant capacity restrictions.  But with the inability to book excursions, I'm worried they'll try to keep the cruise going without any ports. 

Are others having issues looking at excursions in August/September?

Screenshot_20200618-095355.png

Maybe it's a glitch.  I can see excursions for my Sept 3, 2020 cruise in my cruise manager.

Announcement should be soon that August and probably September cruises are cancelled. The statements included in their press release today regarding their Qtr 2 Financial Statements don’t sound good for cruising anytime soon:

“The company said Thursday it does not know when cruising will resume, though Carnival Cruise Line has already announced it will start cruising from Florida and Texas on August 1.

“The company is unable to definitively predict when it will return to normal operations,” the filing said.

The company expects all of its ships to reach “paused status” by the end of the third quarter, reducing monthly cash burn for ship operations to $250 million. Currently 62 ships are in this status.”

They have now removed all cruises in August and September from the website.  I tried to do a mock booking for an October cruise and it would not let me.

Edited by carib1

1 hour ago, carib1 said:

They have now removed all cruises in August and September from the website.  I tried to do a mock booking for an October cruise and it would not let me.

About an hour ago I had the same experience on two October Freedom cruises out of Galveston.  The were listed in the booking engine but stopped me very early in the mock booking process.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel cruises from Florida in the near future.  On the news tonight they said that Florida is heading to become the epicenter of the pandemic because nobody is taking it seriously.  

• Like 1

NCL has cancelled all their August thru September cruises.. It was released a few days ago.. And that is exactly how it started on the NCL site...  so more than likely Carnival, RCL, & the rest will also. Sad... I was really looking forward to seeing cruises to start in August.  Hopefully we will see them start up in October.. 😞

Edited by Noworkforme23

6 hours ago, JT1962 said:

The company expects all of its ships to reach “paused status” by the end of the third quarter, reducing monthly cash burn for ship operations to $250 million. Currently 62 ships are in this status.”

This is the most telling statement I've seen to date, directly from the source,  and if they were going to continue to pause sailing, their earning call would be the place they would need to communicate it.

Q3 ends in September, which means my 8.27 Elation cruise is now very likely cancelled (birthday cruise every year).. I got a great deal, <$900 in a balcony + $500 OBC. I'm going to  hate to lose that. My late October cruise might be less confirmed than I thought before this announcement (booked at the same time 7 days Eastern <$1200 in a balcony, also with $500 OBC). Unlikely we will see those deals again in the next year. 

Bummer. 

Edited by karma459

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

About an hour ago I had the same experience on two October Freedom cruises out of Galveston.  The were listed in the booking engine but stopped me very early in the mock booking process.

A travel agent in my cruise group said something about  not taking anymore fall bookings until they set a start date.So even if you can see it, they were saying you can’t book it. 

4 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

A travel agent in my cruise group said something about  not taking anymore fall bookings until they set a start date.So even if you can see it, they were saying you can’t book it. 

I have accepted that my September 12 cruise is highly unlikely to happen.  I still had hopes for a Halloween sailing.

"Fall" bookings is a loose timeframe.

If September and October are both cancelled I'm trying to figure out how far in the future it would be reasonable to rebook.  My next one is late April of next year.  Since my grandkids are finally all out of school I really don't want another summer cruise.

I hear ya. I’m booked for early September.  I think he was implying Oct/Nov...the ones that are still up on the website but folks couldn’t get thru the booking process like the prev posters mentioned.  I consider Aug and Sept goners at this point and just waiting on the official announcement.  

15 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I have accepted that my September 12 cruise is highly unlikely to happen.  I still had hopes for a Halloween sailing.

"Fall" bookings is a loose timeframe.

If September and October are both cancelled I'm trying to figure out how far in the future it would be reasonable to rebook.  My next one is late April of next year.  Since my grandkids are finally all out of school I really don't want another summer cruise.

If our Sept. 13 Freedom cruise gets cancelled, the wife and I have decided on a Feb. sailing on the Freedom, exact same itinerary.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

If our Sept. 13 Freedom cruise gets cancelled, the wife and I have decided on a Feb. sailing on the Freedom, exact same itinerary.  

We are thinking a January cruise if our Sept cruise is canceled.

10 hours ago, BroadwayGirl said:

I hear ya. I’m booked for early September.  I think he was implying Oct/Nov...the ones that are still up on the website but folks couldn’t get thru the booking process like the prev posters mentioned.  I consider Aug and Sept goners at this point and just waiting on the official announcement.  

As of this morning all Vista and Freedom October cruises have disappeared from the website.