Lift and Shift clarification

We have an Oasis cruise scheduled for November 29. We see the writing on the wall and are hoping to lift and shift. We used an online TA and in speaking with them today, the rep explained that the itinerary that we wish to switch to must be the exact same as the itinerary we already have booked. I was under the impression it just had to be in the same area (Bahamas, Caribbean, etc). Is anyone able to clarify this for me?  

3 minutes ago, ACEMommy2008 said:

We have an Oasis cruise scheduled for November 29. We see the writing on the wall and are hoping to lift and shift. We used an online TA and in speaking with them today, the rep explained that the itinerary that we wish to switch to must be the exact same as the itinerary we already have booked. I was under the impression it just had to be in the same area (Bahamas, Caribbean, etc). Is anyone able to clarify this for me?  

Your TA is wrong.  It is the same itinerary Type.  Eastern to western and vice versa is fine.  Ports or ship do not have to match

Your TA is correct. Must be the exact same ship, itinerary and length in days. I did it successfully for my August 28th cruise out of Cape Liberty on Oasis for a year out from the original date. Everything the same, including using my very low rate versus the higher rate today.

1 minute ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

Your TA is correct. Must be the exact same ship, itinerary and length in days. I did it successfully for my August 28th cruise out of Cape Liberty on Oasis for a year out from the original date. Everything the same, including using my very low rate versus the higher rate today.

Wrong- I have switched (well my great TA did) from Empress to Harmony and from Jewel to Harmony, not all ports matched up.  Also have switched from Navigator to Mariner   Departure ports were NOT the same

Edited by molly361

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your TA is wrong.  It is the same itinerary Type.  Eastern to western and vice versa is fine.  Ports or ship do not have to match

I guess there has been some modifications to the option from when I did my Lift and Shift back 2 days after they offered it.

The ever changing world of RCCL. Sorry for any confusion with today's rules.

Just now, Sigma Cruiser said:

It does not have to be the same ship or itinerary.  

It has to be the same number of days, itinerary TYPE, same cabin category and 48 to 56 weeks ahead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

I guess there has been some modifications to the option from when I did my Lift and Shift back 2 days after they offered it.

The ever changing world of RCCL. Sorry for any confusion with today's rules.

It has never been the same ship.  Unfortunately Royals reps were not well trained at the beginning and many gave out incorrect information

9 minutes ago, ACEMommy2008 said:

@Ourusualbeach is correct.  Trust me your TA is wrong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

Absolutely incorrect.  We did a Lift and Switch recently where the embarkation port was different and ALL of the ports were different.  The only thing really the same was that the cruise was for the same number of days and both sailed in the Caribbean.

1 hour ago, ACEMommy2008 said:

Any tie breakers?  I have one for TA being correct and one for TA being incorrect. 

Your travel agent is wrong.  We have done a couple of lift and switches (using a travel agent who has posted several times in this thread - hint, hint).  Both were transferred quickly and we have received confirmation bookings from both Celebrity and RCCL for the switches.

2 hours ago, ACEMommy2008 said:

We are praying this one goes ahead. We have had 8 cancelled so far😪

This is the poker cruise so if this is cancelled we will have to be shifted to next years poker cruise and it’s not always on the same ship so I’ll have to see what we will be shifted to.

19 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

We are praying this one goes ahead. We have had 8 cancelled so far😪

This is the poker cruise so if this is cancelled we will have to be shifted to next years poker cruise and it’s not always on the same ship so I’ll have to see what we will be shifted to.

We chose this one I replace a canceled April one. Because of the FCC offer, we were able to go from a Brilliance interior 5 day to this Oasis ocean view balcony 7 day!  We are really trying to be optimistic, but we also recognize that we won’t be able to come close price wise if we wait until after it cancels. However, we really don’t want to cancel and postpone then see that the cruise does go. Such a tough position to be in!

2 minutes ago, ACEMommy2008 said:

We chose this one I replace a canceled April one. Because of the FCC offer, we were able to go from a Brilliance interior 5 day to this Oasis ocean view balcony 7 day!  We are really trying to be optimistic, but we also recognize that we won’t be able to come close price wise if we wait until after it cancels. However, we really don’t want to cancel and postpone then see that the cruise does go. Such a tough position to be in!

If you lift and shift it’s price protected.

We used an online TA and tried to do a Lift & Shift on an Oasis trip to next year, same itinerary, date one day later, same cabin class and even same cabin.  We were denied because we booked with Family & Friends rate and were told we could not shift that rate.  Since Royal only will deal with the TA of record we are stuck.  Rules seem to change daily no matter what the Royal web site says about honoring all offers and rates.  Sorry, just venting.  Not a happy camper.    Edit: Oh, we do have an alternative TA we have been using previously so I will want to use them in the future rather than the online one. 

Edited by cruiserhal
Add additional comment.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It does not have to be the same ship or itinerary.  

It has to be the same number of days, itinerary TYPE, same cabin category and 48 to 56 weeks ahead

Correct.

Number of days must match and region. The ship or even ship class do not need to match.

You can't go from Med to Caribbean. 

I went from Symphony 7 Night Western to Symphony 7 Night Eastern Caribbean.

4 minutes ago, cruiserhal said:

We used an online TA and tried to do a Lift & Shift on an Oasis trip to next year, same itinerary, date one day later, same cabin class and even same cabin.  We were denied because we booked with Family & Friends rate and were told we could not shift that rate.  Since Royal only will deal with the TA of record we are stuck.  Rules seem to change daily no matter what the Royal web site says about honoring all offers and rates.  Sorry, just venting.  Not a happy camper.    Edit: Oh, we do have an alternative TA we have been using previously so I will want to use them in the future rather than the online one. 

Friends and Family rates are not eligible for L & S.  Saw it on the FAQ flyer

• Like 1