Any changes to Captain's Club perks

SWFJOE

I personally don't think cruise lines will cut their loyalty programmes. They actually cost the companies little, a few free drinks which they will get at cheap rates.  When cruise lines come back they will want to recognise loyal cruisers

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:02 AM, Orator said:

No argument that the perks are great, but the reduction is a sign of things to come for all loyalty levels. When a new Zenith has a Bridge ceremony they only serve cake. At one time they took the group to. Blu for lunch, but no more. At one time all Zeniths were invited to the Bridge for the ceremony, but that too has passed. I've been on cruises where there were less than. 4 Zeniths and no dinners with officers. In fact, one time I was the Top spending cruiser and there was one other. Zenith couple. They were new Zeniths and in a Suite. They were invited to a lunch in Blu and we were not, although we were told by the HD that we should be prepared to attend the lunch. What started out as a lunch to recognize Zeniths became a Zenith/ High Suite lunch and now ion some cruises a high Suite only lunch. If there are many Zeniths a lunch in Blu is usually served. Little things add up and all the changes came before Covid-19. What's in store for those in lower levels? Only time will tell, but I would not be optimistic.

Some wonder why there seems to be an anti-Zenith feeling on this board. It's because of posts like this. The poster goes straight in with all the fluffy Zenith things one misses out on now if you are that level, dinners with the Captain in a specialty restaurant, complimentary meal if one is top cruiser.  And then this. Nothing to do with the question that was asked by the OP. 

Some here never miss an opportunity to bluster about their elevated Captain's Club. The news is nobody really cares. Sorry to be brutally frank, but they don't. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see the point of the post differently. I think that the poster simply was giving examples of some changes at the highest loyalty level and that should serve as an indication that changes may come to other levels as well. They were also correcting erroneous information from another poster. They were directly answering the OP's question about benefits in the future.

• Like 3

Phil I'm disappointed.  As a Zenith member who cruises mostly on Azamara ( I think) you might not have noticed the cutbacks at the highest level of Celebrity Loyalty.  I too believe that Celebrity no longer gives a **** about frequent cruisers but only wants to coddle the people who spend more $$$ now rather than keeping loyal members who have cruised with Celebrity for decades.  With Covid 19 determining our future cruise plans, I see nothing about Celebrity's loyalty program that would make me want to come back.  The "free" drinks and internet are much cheaper at home and at least our boxer makes us feel welcome.  Unless you are with the right captain and hotel director, being Zenith, or double Zenith or triple Zenith means nothing unless you are in a suite as well.  That is my take on "Changes to Captain's Club Perks.

• Like 4

On 6/26/2020 at 8:38 AM, 4774Papa said:

Perks like the free elite happy hour and bag of laundry have some value.  Before picking a cruise, I factor in the value of those perks.

What do they serve at the happy hour that you wouldn't already get with your drinks package?

1 hour ago, SunsetPoint said:

What do they serve at the happy hour that you wouldn't already get with your drinks package?

The drinks package is a better offering with more choice and larger measures. To be honest, if you are a martini drinker then you are better off getting a fresh one from the bar rather than the offering that's been made up behind the scenes and is more often than not warm.

Go for fresh every time.  If you still want to go to the Elite Lounge for the social aspect and have a drinks package then Ignore the Elite menu that's brought round on a tray, go up to the bar and DIYing. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Argo. said:

Phil I'm disappointed.  As a Zenith member who cruises mostly on Azamara ( I think) you might not have noticed the cutbacks at the highest level of Celebrity Loyalty.  I too believe that Celebrity no longer gives a **** about frequent cruisers but only wants to coddle the people who spend more $$$ now rather than keeping loyal members who have cruised with Celebrity for decades.  With Covid 19 determining our future cruise plans, I see nothing about Celebrity's loyalty program that would make me want to come back.  The "free" drinks and internet are much cheaper at home and at least our boxer makes us feel welcome.  Unless you are with the right captain and hotel director, being Zenith, or double Zenith or triple Zenith means nothing unless you are in a suite as well.  That is my take on "Changes to Captain's Club Perks.

I've read this all before. Numerous times. Yes, the perks are disappearing and yes, probably even more dramatic than previously.  Yes, loyalty does seem to count for less. But some here focus their attention far too much in my view with their status.

At the end of the day, if we suddenly were to stop cruising tomorrow on Celebrity or Azamara we'd be forgotten very quickly. No matter how important we think we are.  It's certainly a very changing cruise world with Covid-19 around. 

Phil 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SunsetPoint said:

We NEVER opt for the drinks package.   

1) We are moderate drinkers

2) We don't drink alcohol prior to 5 PM

3) We drink mainly wine, occasionally a scotch

4) Since becoming elite, we only spend about $350 total for us together for a 14 day cruise

The cost for perks is always to expensive for us.

5 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

We with. 3k + points. Yes we  are zenith  I don’t think we will be cruising any time soon 

I wonder if we can sell /trade/  transfer our prestigious and valuable  ZENITH membership Any ideas ?

Ebay.  They try to sell all sorts on there  😉

Phil 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

We NEVER opt for the drinks package.   

1) We are moderate drinkers

2) We don't drink alcohol prior to 5 PM

3) We drink mainly wine, occasionally a scotch

4) Since becoming elite, we only spend about $350 total for us together for a 14 day cruise

The cost for perks is always to expensive for us.

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ebay.  They try to sell all sorts on there  😉

Phil 

We are in the same boat, only we spend $0 on drinks no matter how long the cruise is. In fact we haven’t spent a penny on drinks in the last 100+ days at sea.

Personally I think the Celebrity perks are pretty good, especially as you hit Elite level. The Captain’s Club evening cocktails can really keep drinks costs down and as some have already commented. The free laundry is useful too.

However, I would never chose a cruise or a flight or a hotel based on getting loyalty points or using the perks that come with them, our holidays are too precious! Itinerary, timing, comparisons of products are all well before even thinking about what we get for free.

We presently mainly cruise with Celebrity because they are a good fit for us...classy but not stuffy, a restful ambiance, decent choices of restaurants....We are ‘loyal’ to what we presently want not ‘loyal’ to a brand.

OP hope you have a great cruise, whatever line you choose. When we are in a dilemma comparing two similar products we can find physically listing pro’s and con’s of each useful. Usually it becomes really clear that some things are simply more important than others...Whilst perks will be in that list of pro’s their importance will be seen in perspective...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Are they the same canapes the cabin steward cleared from the suites and AQ which weren't eaten?  🤢

Nope. You got the left over canapes the servers cleared from the CC HH and put in your suite or AQ. 🤣

• Haha 2

The perks don’t mean much of you sail in a suite on X with all perks included

Ironically when we reached Elite Plus that has a lot of nice perks we have found great deals for Sky Suites so our perks are almost useless except for the laundry. 

Wr have found cruises with all all 4 perk  in either AQ or SS for around $200/day pp And have been booking them.  Granted we have the freedom to sail when we want.  

Basically just look at the overall value and decided what is the best for you and what you are after.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌊😞🌅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

We have found cruises with all 4 perks in either AQ or SS for around $200/day pp And have been booking them.  Granted we have the freedom to sail when we want.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌊😞🌅

Wow, I must either be looking at the wrong cruises or the wrong time(s) of year. 😞

I also assume that's $200 US/day pp. Converted to my Canadian rubles that's about $275/day pp. Best "deal" I've been able to get is ~$240 CAN/day pp for a Concierge room, which is ~$175 US.

I find AQ and higher are SIGNIFICANTLY more $$. At least every time I look.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that you're able to find such deals, I'm just jealous 😄.

11 hours ago, oceancrusin said:

Wow, I must either be looking at the wrong cruises or the wrong time(s) of year. 😞

I also assume that's $200 US/day pp. Converted to my Canadian rubles that's about $275/day pp. Best "deal" I've been able to get is ~$240 CAN/day pp for a Concierge room, which is ~$175 US.

I find AQ and higher are SIGNIFICANTLY more $$. At least every time I look.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that you're able to find such deals, I'm just jealous 😄.

when they canceled all of the 2017 Equinox cruises in Europe and transferred the ship  to sail out of FL they had crazy low prices that included all of the perks.  AQ was around $200/day pp with all the perks for a 11 night Jazz cruise to NOLA

Last year when Celebrity rolled out the cruises for the Constellation sailing out of Tampa  the SS were selling for 2249 pp with all 4 perks.   For 10 and 11 night cruises.   They sold out in about 2 days.  Now the price for SS on the Dec 2020 Cruise is $5400 pp

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, miched said:

when they canceled all of the 2017 Equinox cruises in Europe and transferred the ship  to sail out of FL they had crazy low prices that included all of the perks.  AQ was around $200/day pp with all the perks for a 11 night Jazz cruise to NOLA

Last year when Celebrity rolled out the cruises for the Constellation sailing out of Tampa  the SS were selling for 2249 pp with all 4 perks.   For 10 and 11 night cruises.   They sold out in about 2 days.  Now the price for SS on the Dec 2020 Cruise is $5400 pp

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We were able to snag one of those "cheap" Sky Cabin for February.

However, I have no worries that Connie will not make it across the pond for these sailings and everything will be canceled.  Argh!

Right now is a fairly good deal on the Infinity sailing Nov 30 for a SS with all of the perks.      $1176 pp. it is a little over $225/ day pp

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

CB396386-AAEB-4F41-99D4-741068AAAAE7.png

On 6/25/2020 at 3:17 PM, cruisestitch said:

DaveKathy isn’t quite right regarding reciprocity of tier levels.  Diamond Plus and Pinnacle = Elite, just as Elite Plus and Zenith = Diamond.

Sorry I haven't been on the boards for a bit (no cruises since 2018), but did we lose reciprocal status benefits?  I used to be Elite (Diamond on EC) and now when I log in to CC it says I am Classic with only 95 points.  The points are correct but I had Elite status on my last Celebrity cruise.