Don't lose heart on refunds

On 12th February Princess cancelled our cruise due to leave Singapore the following morning.  We had flown there a couple of days earlier from New Zealand but have still not received any refunds - over 4 months later. Their computerized reply to my claim said they would be handling the refunds in the order they were received.  That is obviously not the case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gypsyrae70 said:

Their computerized reply to my claim said they would be handling the refunds in the order they were received.  That is obviously not the case.

I do not think anybody has figured out in what order they are handling refunds.

• Like 1

Received two refunds earlier this week (just saw them today when I checked my online cc site). One was for our refundable deposit; the other for one excursion we bought. The time line is we cancelled in early April for a July cruise we knew they would cancel, which they did in early May. So they did make it within the 90 days with about a week to spare.

I was considering the challenge the charge with the credit card company but wanted to at least give them the 90 days considering the problems they must be having plus there really was not that much at stake compared to if we had paid in full before they cancelled instead of pulling the plug before that.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:04 AM, Coral said:

It is just beyond me why March cruisers are still waiting.

Yes, me too. Still waiting for refund to credit card for March 22 Regal cruise (Princess canceled March 12). Received FCC for it in early June but still no credit. BUT I did receive full credit for my June 6 Caribbean Princess cruise about a week ago (Princess canceled April 14). Calling does not help and is very annoying when they start reading the script...exact same words from different reps - useless from an information standpoint.

I had heard here about holding account.  I booked with travel agent.  I have asked her to check since Princess will not answer your questions since you used TA.  But she has been busy rebooking 400+ trips so I don’t want to keep bothering her.  I am OK with Princess keeping it IF I can use it for air on the Enchanted in May RT 21 day Barcelona.  Thanks for your comment.

10 minutes ago, gardenbunny said:

I had heard here about holding account.  I booked with travel agent.  I have asked her to check since Princess will not answer your questions since you used TA.  But she has been busy rebooking 400+ trips so I don’t want to keep bothering her.  I am OK with Princess keeping it IF I can use it for air on the Enchanted in May RT 21 day Barcelona.  Thanks for your comment.

You can call Princess even if you used an agent. These are unusual circumstances.

For our May 2 sailing, got our “choice 1” credit about 2 weeks ago and our credit card was credited for port fees, taxes, drink purchases last Friday. So, all is good for now.  Looking like we won’t be sailing till 2021. 😠😠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We received our refund yesterday but it was messed up by Princess. We opted for FCC and when our agent contacted princess they said they did make the mistake and will fix it. Out agent told me today that they are going to issue FCC in the corrected amount. Hope they get this correct.

We cancelled our July 27 cruise to the British Isles on March 20. 102 days later on June 30 we received the full refund of our deposit, which was the only payments we had made. Not sure what date Princess cancelled the cruise.

• Thanks 1

Cancelled our June Alaska Cruise on March 27th.  On June 23rd received credit for the shore excursions.  Today I received credit for the rest.  I had used Gift Cards for most of the fare and I saved them and they all show full balances today  -plus the remaining balance paid by Credit Card was also refunded today.  Yeah!!

• Thanks 1