Summer 2022

Does anyone know when Royal Caribbean will come out with their 2022 itineraries? We booked the Epic for Europe but after looking at the layout of the balcony rooms, I am having second thoughts. I am traveling with my son and their bathroom setup just seems strange. Looking at other options.

8 minutes ago, azbaby8062 said:

Does anyone know when Royal Caribbean will come out with their 2022 itineraries? We booked the Epic for Europe but after looking at the layout of the balcony rooms, I am having second thoughts. I am traveling with my son and their bathroom setup just seems strange. Looking at other options.

If they follow the pattern that they have for the past 2 years it will be in November/December of this year fir most itineraries and more to follow in March. 

5 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

That’s a big if 😎

I actually think that they will stick with this schedule or even release them before that based on information that was shared on the last TA webinar by the VP of Revenue relating to the strength of future bookings.  Cash is what they need right now and new itineraries bring in new deposits especially since FCC’s won’t be able to be used on any new itineraries as their rules currently sit.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

That’s a big if 😎

See them following release dates as norm. BUT, changes could be made later, as usual. This been done to me at least 7 Cruises in last 5yrs. Even booked a couple Cruises day were released, 5 days later changed where ship was being located from US to EU. With price protected on my B3B and tons of OBC given made out like a Bandit that yr. Only other time made out better was that year Booking prices were released thousands under what were supposed to be... Even before this shutdown long as money keeps rolling in Itinerary changes can be made later, think that's Chapter 1 in Royals SOP.

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I actually think that they will stick with this schedule or even release them before that based on information that was shared on the last TA webinar by the VP of Revenue relating to the strength of future bookings.  Cash is what they need right now and new itineraries bring in new deposits especially since FCC’s won’t be able to be used on any new itineraries as their rules currently sit.

This would be good for us who want to book.  

8 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

This would be good for us who want to book.  

I would like to be able to book 2022 cruises later this year but I don't see it happening until the cruise lines start sailing again.  Royal already has a lot of my money in deposits for 2021 and I'm not giving them another penny until I'm sure they won't go bankrupt. 

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I would like to be able to book 2022 cruises later this year but I don't see it happening until the cruise lines start sailing again.  Royal already has a lot of my money in deposits for 2021 and I'm not giving them another penny until I'm sure they won't go bankrupt. 

I agree. I just don’t see them able to put out an accurate schedule until they figure out which ships may or may not still be in the fleet. On the other hand, they may just want the cash coming in and just try to figure it all out later. 

17 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

I agree. I just don’t see them able to put out an accurate schedule until they figure out which ships may or may not still be in the fleet. On the other hand, they may just want the cash coming in and just try to figure it all out later. 

In past years the itineraries released in December have been the core itineraries.  7 day Oasis class cruises out of Florida, Alaska summer, Barcelona all on the newer ships.  The more unique, shorter and longer itineraries which have in a lot of cases involved the older ships have mostly been released in the spring.

I don't expect them to release everything this fall and they never have in the past however there are a lot of their standard itineraries that aren't going to change that could easily be released.  I wouldn't expect to see any itineraries for Vision class and below as those would be the ships that may or may not be here in a year

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In past years the itineraries released in December have been the core itineraries.  7 day Oasis class cruises out of Florida, Alaska summer, Barcelona all on the newer ships.  The more unique, shorter and longer itineraries which have in a lot of cases involved the older ships have mostly been released in the spring.

I don't expect them to release everything this fall and they never have in the past however there are a lot of their standard itineraries that aren't going to change that could easily be released.  I wouldn't expect to see any itineraries for Vision class and below as those would be the ships that may or may not be here in a year

They had me jumping last yr when Seasonal Caribbean Cruises were released early in Fall rather then late Spring as in past 5+ yrs. My Favorite Sport is Cruise Release weeks. Over the yrs have had many sleepless nites watching and scoring my favorite Cabins minutes after available...

• Like 1

The future is looking like the great unknown.  What ships will be around?  Where will they home port?  The Allure and Venice are 2 examples of what is changing now.  When the other shoe drops, who knows?  Planning our cruise vacations is much more complicated now than ever before.  The planners must have Ouija boards and crystal balls out trying to make sense of it all!