Quest to be on first ship out

It will be interesting to what BPCL does.  Right now, the Bahamas are still requiring a negative Covid test to enter so wouldn’t that have to change?  Our neighbors are nervously waiting their test results now.  Their Bahamas flight is Saturday but they are no longer sure the test results will be back in time, as indicated when they were tested.  😱

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Would they not need CDC approval not to mention approval from Bahamas? 

The Bahamas officially opened their borders to commercial travelers on July 1st, with hotels already open and accepting reservations. They do require an electronic declaration to be filled out and a recent negative Covid test which seems to be the norm for several Caribbean destinations (Puerto Rico is also opening on July 15th with similar protocols). 

Looking at their website, on the Phase 2 PDF file, it does mention “travelers arriving by air and sea terminals”, which I interpret as if they will indeed welcome cruise travelers as long as they abide by the new protocols. 

https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening

30 minutes ago, Tapi said:

The Bahamas officially opened their borders to commercial travelers on July 1st, with hotels already open and accepting reservations. They do require an electronic declaration to be filled out and a recent negative Covid test which seems to be the norm for several Caribbean destinations (Puerto Rico is also opening on July 15th with similar protocols). 

Looking at their website, on the Phase 2 PDF file, it does mention “travelers arriving by air and sea terminals”, which I interpret as if they will indeed welcome cruise travelers as long as they abide by the new protocols. 

https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening

Thanks for the link.  It reads all travellers must have a negative Covid Test prior to arrival.  Most likely a sign for all cruises in the future.  I wonder how this would effect the private islands.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 8.10.55 AM.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bead Pirate said:

How about you?

We shifted 4 cruises into late 2021/2022.  It's been liberating and very nice to not have to wonder about the cruise situation.  This from someone who did 6 weeks onboard last winter.  We've made other plans for next winter.  No interest in masks or social distancing on a ship, or sending the cruise lines any money any time soon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Same here. Unfortunately, I don’t think Quest will be on any ship soon. 

Agreed. Hard to social distance when playing Quest.

Especially when swapping clothing, putting lipstick on men or handing your dentures to some stranger.

57 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I'm not sure how having a negative test is worthwhile as it is taking some states many days to get a result and then you could be negative last week and positive this week.

I’ve located one clinic that will do rapid tests without referrals where I live. Every other one takes days or requires a referral. 

There’s no way to ensure 100% that everybody will be negative on the date of travel, but by having everybody tested, at least it weeds out some people who may be positive before they show up at the port. 

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

I'm not sure how having a negative test is worthwhile as it is taking some states many days to get a result and then you could be negative last week and positive this week.

There's also the issue of people picking up the virus at a port.  Would there be testing at all ports?  What happens if someone tests positive at a port?  Lots of questions.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 1:04 PM, molly361 said:

I thought this was a thread about whether QUEST will be on the first ship out🙄

First team to show their Covid Vaccine scar.

First team with a blue mask doing the hokey pokey.

First team with a hole in their right glove.

First team to come up with a bottle of Viramin C

Any more New Era Quest questions?😁

• Haha 1