The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

On our November cruise just to change things up in the early mornings when most people were asleep I would do a workout in the Fitness Center and then go outside and run the upper deck and walk the pool area and from there go out to the Promenade Deck. There is something special about the pool area when no one is there and it is early way before the sun rises

IMG_3399.thumb.jpeg.6be15e59d92ed0f8b551f09d88dc58d4.jpeg

Keith

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:46 AM, rafinmd said:

I'll probably never celebrate Valentines Day again.  One year ago today my brother passed away.  I wasn't able to get to the funeral but hope to visit his grave when Enchantment OTS visits Port Canaveral Saturday.

Roy

Roy, that is so sad. I do hope you visit his final resting place, and every year on Feb. 14th, you can remember your fondest memories of him. I agree, not a celebration. An important part of life and your love of family. May he rest in peace and always be in your heart.

Edited by May B
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Um,

The cook got to set aside his apron in celebration of another successful circuit of the sun.

As is traditional, OLoPP stepped into the breach with her Stroganoff.  It was transcendent.  Paired perfectly with a 2012 Sine Qua Non Syrah "Touche" from the cellar (ie the basement.)

Anyone have a cigarette? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KenzSailing said:

Um,

The cook got to set aside his apron in celebration of another successful circuit of the sun.

As is traditional, OLoPP stepped into the breach with her Stroganoff.  It was transcendent.  Paired perfectly with a 2012 Sine Qua Non Syrah "Touche" from the cellar (ie the basement.)

Anyone have a cigarette? 

I don't smoke, but Aaahhhhh, Syrah. Or maybe ah, Que Syrah Syrah! Congrats to you and OLoPP for celebrating well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KenzSailing said:

Um,

Anyone have a cigarette? 

I’m getting a visual image of the Chez’s B&B after OLoPP’s infectious Stroganoff with aphrodisiac properties. Further enhanced with a voluptuous Syrah....

317C6431-149F-4C33-B957-CF0B94BD68E0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Serenity in the desert.

IMG_2869.thumb.jpeg.20d3188e38ffff03ead59c68419deb45.jpeg

Well not close.  Nassau, Bahamas.

New terminal construction.

Keith

Almost reminds me of the many, many jets parked in California’s Mojave Desert during the Pandemic!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Serenity in the desert.

IMG_2869.thumb.jpeg.20d3188e38ffff03ead59c68419deb45.jpeg

Well not close.  Nassau, Bahamas.

New terminal construction.

Keith

'Serenity crew members set out to make world's largest ever sandcastle in an attempt to recreate Serenity in sand (then slip away in the night with the real thing and hope no-one notices)'

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

For anyone who wants to follow my cruise starting today, these are the links:

and

https://getawaysfrom21044.wordpress.com/

Roy

Bon Voyage Roy!  At least you get a nice warm day for boarding -- hopefully the rain holds off long enough not to sog your short commute to the port.

Vince

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, because some of us have been discussing, and posting photos of, Hawaii recently, I thought I'd post this recent weather forecast (Warning, it's authentic, but it's not really recent, and does contain some salty language.  Definitely NSFW, as the kidz would say:)

For the full context:

Tell me that's not funny.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, rafinmd said:

For anyone who wants to follow my cruise starting today, these are the links:

and

https://getawaysfrom21044.wordpress.com/

Roy

Bon voyage, Roy. I’m excited for you to be cruising and with such a special first port.

I’ve enjoyed several Diamond Lounges on different classes of Royal ships. I feel like they make the trip quite a bit more enjoyable. I know you have realistic expectations, and I hope they will be met and exceeded.

I was a tad amused to find out that I’d been someplace before you! I actually really enjoyed Coco Cay with the docking capability. Plenty of hammocks to go around. I could’ve stayed for hours! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I wonder if the guy in the background is just holding up two fingers to be cute or signaling to his colleagues I have two "sucker" for a trip to nowhere.

No disrespect was intended to you or Anne Marie.  It's just a common gesture that young people in Asia and Southeast Asia make when they're having their photos taken.  Who knows why?

Emily

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did someone say The Beatles???? Yes I can hear you now.  

A memory from World Cruise 2014 on board Crystal Serenity.50 years after The Beatles made their debut on the Ed Sullivan show as part of World Cruise 2014 Crystal Cruises brought on-board the Beatles Celebration Group. All four lads are from Liverpool, use the same types of instruments as The Beatles did and used the same tailor company to make their clothes as did The Beatles.

Two performances in the Galaxy Lounge and I remember how some guests (us too) danced in the aisles and then they performed at a mixer. This video is from the mixer.

It was cute how the Crystal Ensemble of Dancers and Singers came onto the dance floor in attire which went perfectly with the theme.

Following year they returned for World Cruise 2015 and this time the Galaxy Orchestra (aka Show Band worked with them ahead of time and the along with the string quartet performed some songs together. I'll post a few of them in the next few days.

Just as the Carnivals brought out the kid in most people the Beatles Celebration group did too.

Keith

• Like 1

Today's sunrise really is today although it isn't quite sunrise.  After a very stormy sea day there are finally a few breaks in the clouds and I got a nice view on my walk as I crossed the "bridge" where the ship was lengthened a few minutes past sunrise.

dawn0219.jpg

Roy

• Like 5