NCL Norwegian Cruises Customer Service

Thequietone

I've only dealt with the concierge dept a few times and Latitudes a couple.  Reading comprehension barely exists but I will say the concierge area has improved.  I also called CN and they were very good and efficient.

• Like 1

I’ve used the chat a couple times lately, and they have been great. Fixed my hubby’s and kiddo’s latitude numbers (Costco auto generated new ones), and answered a promo question for me. All good.

• Like 1

My one and only encounter with customer service a few years ago was just terrible.  It took them two months to answer an email and then the woman on the phone (who never properly identified herself by name or title) abruptly became very rude when I asked (politely and in a friendly conversational manner) for a bit of clarification on the NCL policy she was citing.  I was shocked enough to consider canceling the cruise.

6 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@Travelling2Some

(who never properly identified herself by name or title)

Funny; that was one thing I complained about when i got an email lacking any detail but a forename.  

Yes, depending on the issue, a customer needs to know that they are speaking with someone who has the authority to make decisions.  I suspect that the girl became defensive when questioned because she was a lower level employee who had no idea what she was talking about.  Very poor business etiquette when staff is not trained to identify themselves properly.

8 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Yes, depending on the issue, a customer needs to know that they are speaking with someone who has the authority to make decisions.  I suspect that the girl became defensive when questioned because she was a lower level employee who had no idea what she was talking about.  Very poor business etiquette when staff is not trained to identify themselves properly.

Most of the people you tak to are minimum wage call center personnel who have no authority. They can read responses based on “googling” their call center system. They can collect information and queue it for people who can make decisions. 

The people who can make decisions typically don’t deal directly with customers because their time is better spent “making decisions” than listening to hours of whining customers. 

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Most of the people you tak to are minimum wage call center personnel who have no authority. They can read responses based on “googling” their call center system. They can collect information and queue it for people who can make decisions. 

The people who can make decisions typically don’t deal directly with customers because their time is better spent “making decisions” than listening to hours of whining customers. 

I know what you mean, but in this case it was someone from the main office who called us in response to an email to corporate.  Our question would have been completely beyond the scope of the call center personnel.

7 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@Travelling2Some

Funny thing is that I found out later that the person was a manager.   She had failed to research the points I was querying and just supplied the "company line".

Agreed.  I came away with the overall impression that the Customer Service Department is indifferent in the sense that they don't want to be bothered putting any rational thought into their responses.

33 minutes ago, sammee said:

I must have hit an ex comcast employee when I called. They kept interupting me and reading a script of some sort over and over.

I have a friend who is a CURRENT  Comcast employee. The stuff people say to her on the phone would curl your toes.

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I have a friend who is a CURRENT  Comcast employee. The stuff people say to her on the phone would curl your toes.

I can imagine, it does go both ways. I've had good and support throughout the years.

The one time we needed to contact NCL customer service with several concerns resulting from b2b trip the response was more than satisfactory . The response to my email did take a few weeks but then I figured I wasn't the only stake in the game.