March Refunds Only - is there a "big black hole"

cellfree

Hello,

The latest, yesterday 21st June, from MSC re delay is processing refunds is it could take up to 120 days as they "are based outside the UK". I do not see the relevance of this statement other than to explain their incompetence/inefficiency.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

dexdd, now that I know what PP stands for, if I appeared to challenge the PP I am sorry, read back through various postings, not sure what you are referring to, nevertheless I do apologize if what I posted was read as a challenge.

Edited by cellfree
changed wording
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

The latest, yesterday 21st June, from MSC re delay is processing refunds is it could take up to 120 days as they "are based outside the UK". I do not see the relevance of this statement other than to explain their incompetence/inefficiency.

Regards,

Cublet

It's already 130 days waiting for us, so I guess the 120 days you heard is not correct.  Beginning to think we will never get our refund.  Love MSC cruises, but pretty sure we will not be taking another one after this refund nightmare.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cellfree said:

dexdd, now that I know what PP stands for, if I appeared to challenge the PP I am sorry, read back through various postings, not sure what you are referring to, nevertheless I do apologize if what I posted was read as a challenge.

I didn't write that clearly enough.  Meant person like us who have not gotten any refunds from MSC after 100+ days.  That poster finally files with credit card for dispute and MSC can swiftly now respond and challenge their claim?  Why can't MSC respond quickly with monies owed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MSC Geneva

Call: +41227038888
Email: info@msc.com

MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A.Chemin Rieu 12-14,1208 Geneva Switzerland

https://www.msc.com/can/contact-us?showHQ=true this is the url at top of page.

I filled out the get in touch form and will now wait to see if they do indeed get in touch as I agree to date they seem to be running a good diversion program on how to not pay your debts or communicate with your customers.

A little truth and transparency on their part would go a long way with most people.

If they said hey sorry but we just can't pay everyone but you'll get your money by X. It would alleviate a lot of worry and their staff wouldn't be in a position to have to lie to people who are making an honest request.

I have empathy for the guy just trying to pay the bills but after all they get the money well in advance and should have a better plan of return by now. Maybe they are being run by the same person that is running...never mind don't want to go down that rabbit hole. LOL

• Like 1

Emailing “mscexistingreservations” is a joke. I have over 20 responses from them and the are all basically the same canned response. There is even a line in the response that says "insert research or action taken" and they don't even bother to change that part with any actual information. It's really become quite a joke.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, electro said:

Submitted forms on Mar 29th for 2 cruises in May.

Have not received FCC's. It's been escalated.

Have not received refund for port taxes and fees.

first time TA called they were told refunds of port taxes  were processed on April 18th, when she told MSC that I did not receive the refund they said they would check into and get back to her in 24 hours. Of course they did not get back to her so she called back 2 days later. They said give them another week for the refund. That was 2 weeks ago.

Called today, they again said that it was processed on April 18th.

I plan to call my cc today and dispute the charges.

I had planned to file a dispute last week but I decided to give MSC one more week.

As of today, still no FCC or refund of port fees and taxes so I just filed a dispute with my credit card today. I will update with info on how that goes.

• Like 3

I booked through a Germany based internet TA for a April 5th cruise. It was cancelled in March. Like so many other cruisers, initial promises of 60 days were followed with silence. At 90 days I gave them 5 working days to refund or I'd escalate it with my credit card company - Irish Based Bank. 8 working days after submitting the required documents the money was back in my account.

I didnt receive any communication from either my credit card company or MSC, the money just arrived back in the account.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 1:45 PM, versuco said:

It's already 130 days waiting for us, so I guess the 120 days you heard is not correct.  Beginning to think we will never get our refund.  Love MSC cruises, but pretty sure we will not be taking another one after this refund nightmare.

You wont unless you go through your CC company.

20 hours ago, cellfree said:

Oh my, do we all have to go the credit card route? Really disappointing. I continue to be told my taxes/fees were processed April 20. July 24 - no refunds. 

Yes.

• Like 1

Credit card route, here we come.  After hearing finally today after contacting TA on Monday, TA told same garbage as last time.  They are busy with all the refunds it will be three MORE weeks.  That would be five months.

Unacceptable!

• Like 2

Craziness! I was always ‘busy’ when I was working,  but you ‘got it done,’ excuses didn’t work. Accounting needs to be made accountable. Somebody somewhere has to be getting refunds. I still maintain March is an issue. It appears it will become cc route for me too. It is impossible to draw anyone’s attention to this.

• Like 1

Earlier on this Board, someone said they were told that MSC Accounting was releasing some refunds July 27. Well here we are, July 27. Anyone seen any activity on their credit card? Maybe once released it takes 24-48-72 hours to show up, we will see.

33 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Earlier on this Board, someone said they were told that MSC Accounting was releasing some refunds July 27. Well here we are, July 27. Anyone seen any activity on their credit card? Maybe once released it takes 24-48-72 hours to show up, we will see.

I also saw this and was hoping it was true.  So far, no refund on my credit card.  Very disappointed in MSC and will most likely not sail with them again.  It's the lack of information and good explanation for the missing refunds.  I just don't understand why customers that had cruises cancelled in April, May and June already have their refunds before March cancellations.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I am hoping something happens by July 29th, this is crazy. I have called Msc this morning and they do not have the answer to why our refunds are not made as yet, told me to get in contact with my Travel agent. This is very frustrating and I am very disappointed. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KeyzCruz said:

I am hoping something happens by July 29th, this is crazy. I have called Msc this morning and they do not have the answer to why our refunds are not made as yet, told me to get in contact with my Travel agent. This is very frustrating and I am very disappointed. 

And all they'll tell your TA is three more weeks.  Totally pathetic on their part.

Keeping up with these boards. Cruisers still have not received refunds requested in March. And yet I have been reading about refunds getting through from May and June and July requests. It is impossible to get anyone’s attention in Accounting. They do not seem to be aware that the March requests are stuck somewhere. What to do! I have been patient even after hearing every reason for delay that I could possibly be given. I guess it will come down to a credit card dispute after all this time. 

• Like 1

I, too, have been waiting for a refund for my March cruise date.  Recently heard from my travel agent that she has many clients who are not receiving refunds from MSC.  I have gotten full refunds from Cunard, Seabourn and Ponant.  This was to be my first cruise with MSC and it looks as though I may never try to book another one with them from the way they are not responding to March refund requests.

• Like 2

These are 2 separate responses from emailed requests for information regarding OBS refund due from 5/23/20 cruise requested on 3/31/20.

1st is from: MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com 2020-07-27 2:16 PM

I researched the bookings and found… Current state of the refund/actions taken
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to call us.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Sincerely,

[THREAD ID:2-69AHXIH]

2nd is from: Luna/Maria ***** - MSCCustomerService@msccruisesusa.com  2020-07-30 5:07 PM

<BR><BR>[THREAD ID: 2-697MSPS]
Hi!
Regrettably, we've experienced delays with our ability to deliver within the originally communicated time frame and want to set proper expectations with our ability to deliver.  We greatly appreciate you for your understanding and patience."

AS you can see both gave zero actual information as the 1st does not list any refund or actions taken. Also, says to call if any additional questions. So if they don't answer your question in the email are they going to answer after yet another call? They also didn't bother to sign it.

2nd response is very professional. Hi? and then it also goes on to state they want to set proper expectations and then list none. Not sure why the " at the end as there isn't another one.

So I am taking this to mean they are advising me to have no expectation of their ability to deliver my OBS refund.

If I had written this type of letter to a customer in high school I would have failed my business class.

On the bright side on July 27th I finally was emailed confirmation of my December re-booking and they notified me July 30th that they had switched the boat for the December sailing! Coincidentally the same dates as the responses.

CCritic notified me of the ship change back in June and the cruise was re-booked in early May after they cancelled the 7/4/20 sailing and I moved the credit to a December booking. Of course in early May I still foolishly thought that my OBS credit was only a little delayed.

When they cancel our December booking I'm going straight to refund and if the funds are not returned on the 1st date given I think giving the benefit of the doubt will not be my 1st choice as that ship has definitely sailed at this point.

I haven't wanted to go the cc route as I will have to drag my spouse into this as I used his card to pay for the spa! It was his anniversary gift to me, He hates having to deal with refunds and exchanges and banks.

• Like 1