March Refunds Only - is there a "big black hole"

cellfree

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Depending on card, it may not be there.  With Amex, only more recent had a dispute button.  All the ones I had to contact an agent.

THats bull.  Anything disputable should have a button (I'm not saying you are lying, I am saying that system sucks).  Our button was still there in May for a December charge on Costco Visa.

I was the one who originally posted that an MSC representative said funds would be released on July 27, 2020.  I've given up on that and went ahead and filed a credit card dispute this morning with Chase, considering MSC owes me almost $5000 and I'm 133 days and counting since my refund request.  I will reiterate that they said a 3rd party company came in when things originally shut down and they were the ones processing the claims people made in March.  The agent said these were not done correctly, which caused a lot of confusion, and resulted in these claims sitting at corporate.  The agent claimed the MSC board had reviewed these claims and they were going to release all funds related to the claims July 27, but I don't think that happened, considering that was 2 weeks ago and I've seen no activity with my credit card.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsmorris said:

I was the one who originally posted that an MSC representative said funds would be released on July 27, 2020.  I've given up on that and went ahead and filed a credit card dispute this morning with Chase, considering MSC owes me almost $5000 and I'm 133 days and counting since my refund request.  I will reiterate that they said a 3rd party company came in when things originally shut down and they were the ones processing the claims people made in March.  The agent said these were not done correctly, which caused a lot of confusion, and resulted in these claims sitting at corporate.  The agent claimed the MSC board had reviewed these claims and they were going to release all funds related to the claims July 27, but I don't think that happened, considering that was 2 weeks ago and I've seen no activity with my credit card.  

We still haven't seen anything from March 21 submission other than a random couple hundred dollar amount that doesn't match any piece of our transactions.  Dispute on prepaid items a few weeks back and nothing on those yet.  Likely will be doing dispute for large amount that was owed in the form of FCC.  Ten days after inquiring about a January refund related to this trip still haven't seen that.

At the end of the day, they have handled this VERY POORLY.  All our TA has gotten is the same excuses pretty much everyone else here has gotten.

Thanks for the update.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dexddd said:

We still haven't seen anything from March 21 submission other than a random couple hundred dollar amount that doesn't match any piece of our transactions.  Dispute on prepaid items a few weeks back and nothing on those yet.  Likely will be doing dispute for large amount that was owed in the form of FCC.  Ten days after inquiring about a January refund related to this trip still haven't seen that.

At the end of the day, they have handled this VERY POORLY.  All our TA has gotten is the same excuses pretty much everyone else here has gotten.

Thanks for the update.

I was also waiting for refund for March 21st cruise. I disputed over $4,000 in charges with my credit card tow weeks ago and so far I've received less than half, with refunded amounts not matching the original charge amounts. I think this is a game that MSC is playing to dole out the money, making it appear to the cc company that refunds are not being processed. So far, no credits from my dispute.

• Like 2

Nothing posted on this topic for some time.  Have the March refunds happened for everyone but me?  My travel agent has essentially given up and advises me to contact the Better Business Bureau.  Has anyone else gone his route?

9 minutes ago, Big Timber said:

Nothing posted on this topic for some time.  Have the March refunds happened for everyone but me?  My travel agent has essentially given up and advises me to contact the Better Business Bureau.  Has anyone else gone his route?

Cruise cancelled on mar 29th. Still have not got the FCC. Disputed with my credit card almost 4 weeks ago. Got refund of taxes from MSC since then but nothing else. Still waiting.

I called MSC last week after I started a credit card dispute with Chase.  A friend traveling with me had called earlier in the day and was placed on an "expedited list" for those who have not received refunds.  I called and did the same.  The person I spoke with unfortunately had no idea how long it would take for them to look at my claim, but it was supposed to bump me up in priority.  It seems to me they have no idea who they have and have not refunded in March because of the various mistakes they made earlier on in the cancellations.  My trip was supposed to sail March 15, and I have been waiting since then for my 100% refund.  I've received refunds on my excursions, that is all.  I've also cancelled a cruise for March 2021, but have only received part of my deposit.  

• Like 1

Electro, call MSC and give them your original cruise Confirmation and when the agent looks that up your FCC should be there. Although I did get an email with the FCC amount I did not have to produce that in any way when I booked our new cruise. When he looked up my cancelled Confirmation info the amount was there. Hope this works for you. 

Cancelled my June Med Cruise on Magnifica and asked for a cash refund via CC. MSC said it would be 60 days after date of cruise which was June 5, 2020. Called my TA this week to ask why my refund was still not appearing. TA called MSC.

MSC said they can see the refund is set up, and in process, however it just hasn't happened yet as you know. They said refunds are taking up to 90 days.

So, another 30 days wait?

Really that is not good enough. Can you imagine if my final was due and I told MSC to wait another 30 days as I have set it up and it is in process? LOL

Don't want an FCC. I cancelled an RCI cruise that was for June 12, 2020 and received full refund within 3 business days. 

'It is what it is!' No poopie.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 11:26 AM, nburton78 said:

Was supposed to cruise with MSC on May 15, cruise was cancelled obviously.  On March 31, I requested FCC I was told 60 days which would be June 1st.  June 10th still nothing, so I called.  I was told it should be sent out in the next 2 weeks, but customer service said I don't need it just use my booking number.  OK so I wait and still no email, but decide to call and rebook.  I call June 25 and I'm told that they cannot book any cruises due to changes in itineraries , I need to call back after July 1st.  So I wait, still no FCC.  I call back July 6, I talk to customer service, they try to rebook and are having all sorts of issues.  After 23 minutes on the phone with customer service my call is disconnected.  So I call back, same thing except this time its after 18 minutes.  I was very frustrated at this point and figure I will call back the next day from a land line since i was using my cell phone.  I call back on July 7 from a land line.  This time customer service tells me that my FCC has not been issued and I cannot rebook until I get the email.  I ask why no one else told me that and she said "you didn't talk to me" and when I tell her that I've been waiting since March she tells me that "a lot of people have been waiting since March".  She tells me that I can put down more money as a deposit to book another cruise, and I told her that I'm not paying another dime to this company.  Its now July 21 and still no FCC.  I'm so frustrated I could scream! I had another cruise cancelled with Royal Caribbean and I already received my refund! What is going on and what can I do? No refunds no FCC and no help from Customer service

That's the game they are all playing.  Best not to feed them till this is over.

8 hours ago, alyssamma said:

LOL...now you will get your refund in 119 days instead of 120!

Only if they are super lucky. Our onboard services refund was started 3/30/20 and has been expedited 5 or 6 times and yes to managers as well. Today is day 143.

On the up (?) side they refunded all the money for our upcoming Dec 19/20 cruise. Now they want us to pay it again by 9/21/20!

6 hours ago, juraspark said:

Only if they are super lucky. Our onboard services refund was started 3/30/20 and has been expedited 5 or 6 times and yes to managers as well. Today is day 143.

On the up (?) side they refunded all the money for our upcoming Dec 19/20 cruise. Now they want us to pay it again by 9/21/20!

Right, we are at 150 plus or minus a day.

We've been expedited twice after which TA told already expedited, nothing else to do.

18 hours ago, cellfree said:

Electro, call MSC and give them your original cruise Confirmation and when the agent looks that up your FCC should be there. Although I did get an email with the FCC amount I did not have to produce that in any way when I booked our new cruise. When he looked up my cancelled Confirmation info the amount was there. Hope this works for you. 

My agent called several times. There was no FCC. They said they didn't know why I didn't have it yet and they were escalating the matter. 

That was about 7 weeks ago and still nothing. At this point, I'll let my credit card handle it.

1 hour ago, electro said:

My agent called several times. There was no FCC. They said they didn't know why I didn't have it yet and they were escalating the matter. 

That was about 7 weeks ago and still nothing. At this point, I'll let my credit card handle it.

You did get your taxes/fees refunded correct? FCC is not a “refund” so do not know how a credit card dispute would work for that. Your FCC amount should be attached to your original booking number. Sorry, thought my suggestion would work. 

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

You did get your taxes/fees refunded correct? FCC is not a “refund” so do not know how a credit card dispute would work for that. Your FCC amount should be attached to your original booking number. Sorry, thought my suggestion would work. 

I disputed it because after 115 days I still didn't have an FCC or a refund of taxes that MSC had promised in 60 days. My cc agreed that it was a valid reason to start a dispute.

I got the refund of taxes after i started the dispute, but I have still not received an FCC so I've gotten $500 of the $5000 I paid to MSC.

If I get the FCC before the cc determines the outcome, I will cancel the dispute. But after almost 5 months of getting nothing from MSC, I would rather just have my money back.

• Like 2

I guess I was fortunate to get the FCC in an email in April (found it in my junk folder) and then from March 14 to July I called and called and was escalated and escalated and got a supervisor two times and emailed various addresses and was just about to start credit card dispute for taxes/fees and they showed up. I was the one who started this thread. I was and am still certain that the March/April refunds are more than problematic. I cannot figure out why Accounting in Switzerland is not being held accountable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cellfree said:

I guess I was fortunate to get the FCC in an email in April (found it in my junk folder) and then from March 14 to July I called and called and was escalated and escalated and got a supervisor two times and emailed various addresses and was just about to start credit card dispute for taxes/fees and they showed up. I was the one who started this thread. I was and am still certain that the March/April refunds are more than problematic. I cannot figure out why Accounting in Switzerland is not being held accountable. 

That is a great question.  At the end of the day, they have reversed all the hard work the folks have done to enter the US market based on actions seen since March whether it is refund related or changes of ships.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:34 AM, dexddd said:

That is a great question.  At the end of the day, they have reversed all the hard work the folks have done to enter the US market based on actions seen since March whether it is refund related or changes of ships.

Totally agree.  I've made nearly 20 unsuccessful attempts (through phone calls and emails) to get MSC to process the FCC for which I applied on March 10th.  I've been told many different things by the various phone reps I've reached including, on several occasions,  that my case was being forwarded to a supervisor, the Finance Dept. or Dispute Resolution...but to no avail.    I recently filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also filed a dispute with my credit card company.  I feel badly for the phone reps.  Frankly, I think they are as frustrated as we are and the upper administrators are using the reps as a buffer between the frustrated public and themselves.   Is anyone aware of any statement by a senior administrator about this situation?  I haven't.    What is sad is that I really love the product...our onboard experiences with MSC have been wonderful.   But the administrative side is, as you note, really destroying the company's reputation.  We've convinced friends to try MSC in the past but would have to think twice about doing that again.

17 hours ago, Bluewake said:

Totally agree.  I've made nearly 20 unsuccessful attempts (through phone calls and emails) to get MSC to process the FCC for which I applied on March 10th.  I've been told many different things by the various phone reps I've reached including, on several occasions,  that my case was being forwarded to a supervisor, the Finance Dept. or Dispute Resolution...but to no avail.    I recently filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also filed a dispute with my credit card company.  I feel badly for the phone reps.  Frankly, I think they are as frustrated as we are and the upper administrators are using the reps as a buffer between the frustrated public and themselves.   Is anyone aware of any statement by a senior administrator about this situation?  I haven't.    What is sad is that I really love the product...our onboard experiences with MSC have been wonderful.   But the administrative side is, as you note, really destroying the company's reputation.  We've convinced friends to try MSC in the past but would have to think twice about doing that again.

The only blip I've seen is in an article where a guy reached out to media about his delayed refund.  Media contacted MSC spokesperson, no name given, who said sorry things taking longer than planned but his refund miraculously happened.

I'd like two things from MSC ASAP 1)  refunds 2) apology.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

The only blip I've seen is in an article where a guy reached out to media about his delayed refund.  Media contacted MSC spokesperson, no name given, who said sorry things taking longer than planned but his refund miraculously happened.

I'd like two things from MSC ASAP 1)  refunds 2) apology.

I agree, stil waiting on mine over 60 days. 

2 hours ago, nburton78 said:

What number should I call to escalate my claim?  If I call the one on the website they seem to be clueless to how FCC works.  

It is easy...

1) Take your credit card out of your wallet

2) Look at the number on it

3) Call that number

4) Tell the rep who answers you want to file a dispute

Or...simply log into to your CC website and do a dispute online.

Calling MSC will do absolutely zero. Escalating with MSC will get you put into a bucket that is .00001% better than the bucket you are in now.

• Like 1

Hi - Just checking in to see if anyone here has had any luck actually receiving a refund.  My situation is similar to all of you.  I cancelled cruise in early March for June sailing (actually cancelled pre-covid due to work issues).  We had two cabins booked.  I've received a refund for one cabin but not the other.  I've been calling MSC every 2-4 weeks for the last fives months.  They keep saying "it's been escalated."  I filed a fraud report with my bank, but they won't take any action since it's outside 90 days since the card was charged.  What should my next step be?  Has anyone had any luck contacting the credit card company (Visa, AmEx, etc.) rather than the bank?  

I finally filed a credit card dispute with Chase on August 12.  Come to find out that they can only help me with an extension of up to 118 days after the cruise date (which was March 15.) They told me my only option now is litigation.  I even asked to speak to a supervisor who couldn't make any exceptions, even with COVID-19.  I went ahead and just filed a claim against MSC with the Better Business Bureau.  I'm at a loss.  Today is day 150 waiting for my refund claim that I made on March 30th.  I wish I hadn't given MSC the benefit of the doubt and would have filed a claim with my card in June so that I could actually get my money back!  Any other suggestions on what to do next are welcomed, I'm not sure what is left and I really don't want to pursue litigation.

• Like 1