The Daily for Friday Jul 24, 2020

richwmn

Jacqui understand your situation! Your bridge I hope they can save, I have hope but without seeing xrays it is a hunch.

Concern is why the abutment existing loose crown is loose? fingers crossed for you and hope also for the best!!

It is 5:00 somewhere right?LOL. 😊 Have a good weekend ! 
Denise😊

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Jacqui, don't forget today is TEQUILA Day!!

If I had some, I’m afraid I would be drinking the bottle - LOL 😄 

That would make giving DH his eye drops interesting tonight 😉 😄 🤣

Sorry, not meaning to be a whiner at all.  Just a tad overwhelmed.  And weary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kazu said:

Stop !! We take care of all! Your not a whiner at all! I know we have gone off topic but where the heck can we express how we feel? You have the bottle! LOL

Denise👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Jacqui understand your situation! Your bridge I hope they can save, I have hope but without seeing xrays it is a hunch.

Concern is why the abutment existing loose crown is loose? fingers crossed for you and hope also for the best!!

It is 5:00 somewhere right?LOL. 😊 Have a good weekend ! 
Denise😊

thanks - she’s hopeful and my gums for that area were deep cleaned before the bridge was done by my periodontist (that’s an ouch).  So, it shouldn’t be a cavity or periodontal disease I hope.  (I go to a periodontist every 3 months Denise - I know you will get that). It’s just if we can get the other crown off that is secure without wrecking it and the bridge and hopefully nothing underneath.

• Like 3

Just now, kazu said:

thanks - she’s hopeful and my gums for that area were deep cleaned before the bridge was done by my periodontist (that’s an ouch).  So, it shouldn’t be a cavity or periodontal disease I hope.  (I go to a periodontist every 3 months Denise - I know you will get that). It’s just if we can get the other crown off that is secure without wrecking it and the bridge and hopefully nothing underneath.

I am a dental chicken.  I get gassed when I have my teeth cleaned and I have to be knocked out when I have a crown. I don't care what the cost. I would die of a heart attack if I had to endure a cavity while awake.

By the way.. Has anyone ever owned a mug that says "I ❤️ My Dentist"?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, question at the periodontist does the hygienist or Dr. Clean? Also do they use a ultrasonic to clean or hand clean? Possible but a big if the ultrasonic could have loosened the crown. I am glad you go faithfully every 3 months! Keeping your pocket measurements under 4mm better at 3mm is good!

Sorry getting off track

Denise😊

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I am a dental chicken.  I get gassed when I have my teeth cleaned and I have to be knocked out when I have a crown. I don't care what the cost. I would die of a heart attack if I had to endure a cavity while awake.

By the way.. Has anyone ever owned a mug that says "I ❤️ My Dentist"?

My husband does!!❤️
Denise

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

My husband does!!❤️
Denise

LOL! That's one person... Just teasing. If you were my dentist I would have a mug that says "I love my sister who's also an awesome dentist"

And hey.. It's now called "The Daily"! Rich allows us to talk about daily stuff. We love Rich (and he tolerate us..) LOL Rich! ❤️

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

LOL! That's one person... Just teasing. If you were my dentist I would have a mug that says "I love my sister who's also an awesome dentist"

And hey.. It's now called "The Daily"! Rich allows us to talk about daily stuff. We love Rich (and he tolerate us..) LOL Rich! ❤️

image.png.ab6bbc63e81e47199b5b421e25613f7d.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow! I pulled this up and got waylaid. The thread went from 2 to 3 pages just like that!

Happy Friday everyone. I think a lot of us are glad that it is the weekend! And, hopefully, a healthy one at that.

I have about 50 first cousins, an my kids have about the same because DH comes from a family of 17. They don't know their cousins, but mine are still my best friends. A lot of us lived within a 2 mile radius growing up.

I'm keeping all those on the care list (and, yes, that includes kazu) in my thoughts and prayers.

I followed the dentist conversation with trepidation. I am fearful due to a couple of things that happened when I was 7 and 12. Luckily, my dentist is very kind and gentle. She isn't back to work yet, though- she always takes a good part of the summer off.

Thanks to Rich and Roy for keeping us on task, for Joy for the humourous memes!

The pictures posted daily are beautiful!

As a retired grade 1 teacher, I love the quote. I believe it wholeheartedly.

Off for a quick swim before it rains! Take care and stay well!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Jacqui, question at the periodontist does the hygienist or Dr. Clean? Also do they use a ultrasonic to clean or hand clean? Possible but a big if the ultrasonic could have loosened the crown. I am glad you go faithfully every 3 months! Keeping your pocket measurements under 4mm better at 3mm is good!

Sorry getting off track

Denise😊

The hygenist does it and the periodontist check and does more.

they used the water spray (I think that’s the ultrasound) and then they hand clean.

With covid, they can’t do the water spray so it was hand cleaned last time - about 2 weeks ago.

I’m fighting to keep my mm’s at a reasonable level and that’s why I go as much as I hate going but I’m obedient and do what is needed 😉 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kazu said:

The hygenist does it and the periodontist check and does more.

they used the water spray (I think that’s the ultrasound) and then they hand clean.

With covid, they can’t do the water spray so it was hand cleaned last time - about 2 weeks ago.

I’m fighting to keep my mm’s at a reasonable level and that’s why I go as much as I hate going but I’m obedient and do what is needed 😉 

This will be my last time so you can enjoy your evening Jacqui! I am proud of you!!

I would tell my patients your foundation is your bone and gum tissue. If the foundation is not kept up all the beautiful dental work in the world can be doomed to failure. Your mouth is such a investment in good health! You be obedient! Good girl.
Now Paisley is looking at me to go take her for a walk! Take care Jacqui!

Stay we’ll both you and Jose! 
Denise😊

• Like 5

10 hours ago, richwmn said:

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well.
        -- Aristotle

In my haste to get my post done this morning before starting my day, I neglected to mention the quote.  Having slept with a teacher for more than 43 years, I know first hand how much work they do after school, evenings, weekends, during holidays, etc.  It's wonderful when we're out (not often these days) and a former student comes up to DH to say hello - often with children in tow, and in a couple of cases, a grandchild - and bring up things he did with them in the classroom.  It's a challenging, but rewarding profession.

Best wishes to everyone needing them - Jacqui, you've had a rough day; I'm pretty sure it's wine-thirty already.  Stay safe, be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kazu said:

There is venting and there is whining.  I used to have a button that said “”Stop Global Whining”. That is how much I hate whining.

What you are doing is NOT whining. Enjoy your wine!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@Seasick Sailor, are you under storm warnings or are you far enough inland?

Roy

Good Evening Roy,

So far looking like storm warnings, but hoping we get some much needed rain. Our guys are just now starting to finish up on our landscape. They are starting to drink beer and have shrimp, and all looks great. Just a bit more mulch needed and they will be done. I can't believe they can work in this heat."Feels like 104"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good Evening Roy,

So far looking like storm warnings, but hoping we get some much needed rain. Our guys are just now starting to finish up on our landscape. They are starting to drink beer and have shrimp, and all looks great. Just a bit more mulch needed and they will be done. I can't believe they can work in this heat."Feels like 104"

You have a really good team and with the treats you are giving the, they are inspired, I bet 😉 

• Like 4

The southbound Suez Canal convoy has started.  Kind of interesting; they're grouping the ships by type.  The red are petroleum tankers while the green are general cargo ships (I suspect mostly containers:Capture.JPG.94f2c970d0acffeed4843aa91564a37c.JPG

I wonder if the Amsterdam and Rotterdam will lead the pack or take the rear.

A bit of a sad personal note; my first cruise ship was a nearly new Carnival Fantasy and I sailed her again about 6 years ago.  She was built in Finland, came across to America and never left.  She is now on her maiden voyage across the Med, and will end her journey in Alang, Turkey.

Roy

• Like 3