Celebrity Cruise Ripoff

Rainypoo

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Your point is well taken, but just for clarity's sake, I think that OP had more than a deposit involved and the cruise in question was after final payment and a matter of days until the sailing when they cancelled (or didn't show...I'm still not clear on that). 

True. But I think the point @Denny01 was making is that had they gone on the cruise, the money would have been spent as well and probably more. In fact, it was already spent. So they wouldn't have been depending on it now - or they would be in the same shape now had they gone on the cruise. And if it WAS going to create such a hardship now, they probably should not have been cruising to begin with.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

True. But I think the point @Denny01 was making is that had they gone on the cruise, the money would have been spent as well and probably more. In fact, it was already spent. So they wouldn't have been depending on it now - or they would be in the same shape now had they gone on the cruise. And if it WAS going to create such a hardship now, they probably should not have been cruising to begin with.

Yup.

Den

On 7/28/2020 at 6:35 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Under normal circumstances, you are absolutely on point. But in this pandemic, many people who had jobs they thought were secure have suddenly found cash flows cut that they reasonably expected would continue after a cruise. That could result in changed circumstances making return of their funds more necessary than if the money had disappeared as payment  for a vacation they took.

The whiny tone, and slow-to-provide-info by the OP makes me think I am postulating a contingency not involved here, however!

Edited by mayleeman

I'm thinking that we have collectively slammed the OP so hard that they have run away. There has been no new replies from them for some time. I suspect that rather than finding sympathy for them and outrage at the way they were treated by Celebrity, they found rather the opposite. The whole heading and opening post suggested a far different scenario than was the reality. There was a similar thread some months back, I managed to get myself called a twit by one member and something else by the OP before the thread was pulled.

I think now is a good time for this thread to move to the overboard discharge.