14 day Quarantine starting tomorrow for travellers from Spain

jeanlyon

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Just announced on the BBC.  All travellers coming to the UK from Spain will now have to quarantine for 14 days. 

Worrying, but perhaps unsurprising.

Coronavirus: Spain added to England's quarantine list https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53540691

Not an encouragement to travel at the present.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just announced on the BBC.  All travellers coming to the UK from Spain will now have to quarantine for 14 days. 

Wow, that puts paid to holidays to holidays to Spain and those who have been taken out by holiday companies will perhaps be returned home nippily.  Did seem a bit soon to start that sort of travel off again.

Also means holiday companies such as TUI are going to be back in limbo and not, necessarily better off then cruise lines.  Could make any start to cruising back to a later date than hoped as well, I suspect.

Spain will presumably re introduce the Quarantine for Brits going there as well - they only axed theirs as we axed ours - it is all tit for tat.

Edited by tring

27 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

They are taking preventative measures before it gets bad so hopefully they will lock it down quickly, they did the same in Leicester so there’s no need to panic.

Difference, surly is that Leicester is a city, Spain is a Country,

• Like 1

Yes agree.  Apparently both Madrid and Barcelona and surrounding areas are getting the spikes.  Also I read that Magaluf in Mallorca has shut evening clubs and bars because of Brit behaviour.  Now there's a surprise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes agree.  Apparently both Madrid and Barcelona and surrounding areas are getting the spikes.  Also I read that Magaluf in Mallorca has shut evening clubs and bars because of Brit behaviour.  Now there's a surprise.

Jean you cannot blame everything on the British, the young Germans are exactly the same but it does not make the news.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

You were right. Was really hoping this wouldn't happen. Feels like a bit of a step backwards. My wishful thinking was trying to block it out! 

Just now, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I've not seen any evidence of spikes all over. Mainly in Catalonia and Aragon, as was discussed the other day and you even posted the figures.

I think I was answering a post whereby Jean was mentioning Catalonia, and you were spinning to Aragon.

Might be worth you re-looking at your post.

10 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Jean you cannot blame everything on the British, the young Germans are exactly the same but it does not make the news.

For goodness sake, I didn't blame everything on the British, just that Magaluf is where the Brits go and that's what it says on the BBC.  Stop knocking everything I say.  At the minute, we (the British) are making everyone coming from Spain quarantine for 14 days.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

I think I was answering a post whereby Jean was mentioning Catalonia, and you were spinning to Aragon.

I don’t think these are real places with all these strange names

• Haha 1

Just now, mercury7289 said:

What I said was that Aragon had double the number of cases that Catalonia did. A fact that you then backed up with actual figures to show that to be true. 

I think it's always best to question people. 

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

For goodness sake, I didn't blame everything on the British, just that Magaluf is where the Brits go and that's what it says on the BBC.  Stop knocking everything I say.  At the minute, we (the British) are making everyone coming from Spain quarantine for 14 days.

Jean I just responded to your post please reread your last comment in it

Well if anyone would like a slight change of topic how about this:-   

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/07/articles/uncategorized/aida-crew-members-test-positive-for-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR3ZpL636EgVym-68ZM7qY7-_hpz_HwEzBShvJzyOyksB5Iqi-1OVqNsV0I

Looks like AIDA and the German TUI are also having problems with their potential cruise re starts in Germany.  Think we may all just as well accept we need to hole up for a tad longer..... or perhaps a bit more that a tad.

• Like 3