14 day Quarantine starting tomorrow for travellers from Spain

jeanlyon

Just now, cruisenewbie1976 said:

What I said was that Aragon had double the number of cases that Catalonia did. A fact that you then backed up with actual figures to show that to be true. 

I think it's always best to question people. 

Thank you, It's nice to be right! it's not clever to be smug, however it's far better to be fair!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tring said:

Well if anyone would like a slight change of topic how about this:-   

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/07/articles/uncategorized/aida-crew-members-test-positive-for-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR3ZpL636EgVym-68ZM7qY7-_hpz_HwEzBShvJzyOyksB5Iqi-1OVqNsV0I

Looks like AIDA and the German TUI are also having problems with their potential cruise re starts in Germany.  Think we may all just as well accept we need to hole up for a tad longer..... or perhaps a bit more that a tad.

9 out of the 10 had no symptoms. It's a strange old virus. Certainly adds to the difficulty in keeping it under control. 

I suppose it was always inevitable that easing of lockdowns in Europe or elsewhere would lead to an increase in cases.

For the past few days at least, the new cases in Spain have been running at 3 to 4 times those in the UK.

Can't comment on whether it's very localised or a general increase in Spain.

Here we seem to be getting about six to eight hundred a day and it's seems to be fairly consistent.

I don't think testing is a valid factor in comparing countries. After a slow start the UK has one of the highest rates of test per head of population.

e.g per million population - UK 205.776, Spain 135,188, Germany 88,528.

We used to laud how Germany had reacted to the pandemic but their new cases of late seem to be similar to ours but they are doing far fewer tests.

11 minutes ago, NoFlyGuy said:

I suppose it was always inevitable that easing of lockdowns in Europe or elsewhere would lead to an increase in cases.

For the past few days at least, the new cases in Spain have been running at 3 to 4 times those in the UK.

Can't comment on whether it's very localised or a general increase in Spain.

Here we seem to be getting about six to eight hundred a day and it's seems to be fairly consistent.

I don't think testing is a valid factor in comparing countries. After a slow start the UK has one of the highest rates of test per head of population.

e.g per million population - UK 205.776, Spain 135,188, Germany 88,528.

We used to laud how Germany had reacted to the pandemic but their new cases of late seem to be similar to ours but they are doing far fewer tests.

I am waiting for the spike here in the UK after watching how visitors behave down here in Devon.  We have been very lucky down here, very few cases and few deaths, but it could all change.

54 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Jean you cannot blame everything on the British, the young Germans are exactly the same but it does not make the news.

this is the headline in one of the papers.

Fears Magaluf ‘might be done for’ after party strip closed due to drunken Brits

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/25/fears-magaluf-might-done-party-strip-closed-due-drunken-brits-13036208/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Hols 4

Here in North Wales restrictions on camping sites and hotels have been lifted today, all ready noticing a lot more people in our village not many social distancing, Hope this doesn't cause a spike in the virus after we have been locked down to 5 miles for weeks here. My wife is scared to go out now.

19 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

this is the headline in one of the papers.

Fears Magaluf ‘might be done for’ after party strip closed due to drunken Brits

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/25/fears-magaluf-might-done-party-strip-closed-due-drunken-brits-13036208/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

The media ok you got me if it’s in the paper or on the web it’s got to be right, the clown incident was accurate and the drunken fights on board the ship

Edited by Bazrat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I've not seen any evidence of spikes all over. Mainly in Catalonia and Aragon, as was discussed the other day and you even posted the figures.

But we're they real figures, or made up?. Do you care?. Ignoring some posters works fine.😁

• Haha 1

Well, not wanting to sound like a cheerleader for Wales, but we have just come home from our 2nd  mini  break in North Wales and loved every second. We will be going back to our new static home next week for 2 weeks and could not feel safer than 'over the border'. Thanks to the Welsh folk welcoming us and keeping us safe and for the tourists there who were using common sense. Ok, it wasn't wall to wall sunshine but the sun shone, some showers and a lovely fresh sea breeze. We won't take it for granted again and at this moment in time really can not see why anyone would want to go overseas when there is so much on the doorstep and there is far less risk ............. 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Hols4 said:

Hols 4

Here in North Wales restrictions on camping sites and hotels have been lifted today, all ready noticing a lot more people in our village not many social distancing, Hope this doesn't cause a spike in the virus after we have been locked down to 5 miles for weeks here. My wife is scared to go out now.

Hi just seen this - we didn't see that at all and felt safe. Llandudno was busy so we avoided the busy parts. Our caravan site in Llanddulas was just beautiful. Have to say, as we left Wales to come home, the A55 was very busy going the other way. I do hope that people continue to use sense as it would be unfair to make the Welsh feel worried. 

18 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It's the same here in Devon.  No social distancing, although there were a lot more masks today. 

That's sad ---- so many happy memories of lots of family holidays and more recently our holidays in Devon --- mainly Paignton and more recently Ilfracombe. We have booked a break for Oct 2021 to keep the faith with Devon ------- Helle Bay --- and am sure it will be fine. Stay safe and may the visitors continue to keep themselves safe and respect the safety of those living in the area.

Ah North Devon.  Lovely.  We had a massive sewage leak in the street today.  Raw sewage right up Fore Street.  I found myself thinking if they don't get Covid, they will probably get Noro, cos they just walked through it even when warned!!  Luckily by the time I left work, SW Water had it all cleaned up

2 minutes ago, Thejuggler said:

If you look at England cases there has been an uptick over the last few days.

I am now not sure what the UKs strategy is and I'm sure millions think the issue has ended.

There’s been a spike in Smethwick and Wolverhampton 

I think TUI has started a 'cruise' with Mein Schiff 2 which sailed from Hamburg destination Kristiansand. According to marine traffic global it arrived in Kristiansand harbour, spun around a few times on its thrusters and is now outbound destination Hamburg.

• Like 1

Just a total knee jerk reaction (again) with no scientific evidence.

Yes, certain parts of Spain (and the UK) are experiencing spikes, but imagine the uproar if Spain did the same to the UK purely based on what is happening in Leicester. 

If you want to quarantine people coming back from Spain,  why still allow people to fly there? Sheer nincompoopery!

Is there anyone in government with the slightest modicum of common sense?

• Like 5