14 day Quarantine starting tomorrow for travellers from Spain

jeanlyon

55 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

The only way i can see this ending is total lockdown again

The problem with that is the economy would totally collapse, causing far more deaths than CV19. Local lockdowns would be the preferred route.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

For those that haven't seen it, there's a good documentary on BBC iPlayer called "The flu that killed 50 million". 

It's about the 1918/19 Spanish Flu epidemic.  Gives an insight into how and why certain decisions where made.

Quite a lot of the current planning is based on what happened then, there’s so little else to go on.

Horrendous, after so much suffering between 1914 and 1918.

Perhaps we’ll get the Roaring Twenties all over again.  It’s one potential bright spot.

45 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Quite a lot of the current planning is based on what happened then, there’s so little else to go on.

Horrendous, after so much suffering between 1914 and 1918.

Perhaps we’ll get the Roaring Twenties all over again.  It’s one potential bright spot.

Sorry Harry, I don’t remember the roaring twenties. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

The problem with that is the economy would totally collapse, causing far more deaths than CV19. Local lockdowns would be the preferred route.

Totally agree, i really hope things can be kept under some sort of control at local level as required ,i have had 2 days off work (excluding weekends) since Jan and worked flat out during the lockdown so i really do not want another one.

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sorry Harry, I don’t remember the roaring twenties. 

Same here Pete, I thought it was a storm in the North Sea :classic_unsure:

Just Googled it and they can keep it , I'm not walking down the street like that !

Look what it does to your arms & legs :classic_ohmy:  Poor things :classic_sad:

charleston-contest-charles-hoff.jpg.e19f4c2d6a9516315eaafea02fad61ed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Out of interest, we are very busy down here in Devon, but the figures for virus cases are 1 per 100,000, whereas 60% of the rest of the UK is 5 in every 100,000, so we seem to be doing quite well.  Cornwall is 3 per 100,000.

Edited by jeanlyon

39 minutes ago, kalos said:

Same here Pete, I thought it was a storm in the North Sea :classic_unsure:

Just Googled it and they can keep it , I'm not walking down the street like that !

Look what it does to your arms & legs :classic_ohmy:  Poor things :classic_sad:

charleston-contest-charles-hoff.jpg.e19f4c2d6a9516315eaafea02fad61ed.jpg

Toilet roll shortages, in them day's also.☺️

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not sure about your logic. 

If you went to, say, Suffolk, or Cornwall, in October,  how is that likely to be putting yourself at risk? Lots of fresh air, no crowds at that time of year, and relatively empty pubs and restaurants.  Why would you not go? 

Sometimes fear can be our worst enemy.

Logic is if there is no holidays abroad or very limited and September and October (half term if kids are back at school and is not cancelled) will be higher than normal people wanting to holiday in the UK, us for one as we dont normally holiday in UK. There is many reports currently of locals not being happy in Devon/Cornwall not being happy at the crowds and not social distancing  depending on the weather can see higher than normal people holidaying so there wont be empty pubs, if they havent closed again as reported to allow children back to school, and higher than normal crowds. Fera can be our worst enemy but stuoidity can be a greater danger i.e. Bournemouth beach and others. There was reports yesterday of a woman reserving her space on a beach for the family at 6-30am now that is stupidity and beyond logic. No thanks I will stay at home and can guarantee safety and social distancing and avoid the idiots that are around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

There was reports yesterday of a woman reserving her space on a beach for the family at 6-30am 

Clearly an experienced P&O cruiser transferring her talents to the domestic holiday market.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3