Hotels in Rome

Minniepnp

46 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Thank you.  We've walked by Antica Farmacia del Corso many times.

Will likely use that farmacia before our Edge cruise on October 2nd if a test is still necessary.  Do you recall how much they charged?

Around 25 bucks

5 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Hello, it was for a Celebrity cruise, 1 day before. We took it here, it was a short 10 minute walk and quick!

The Farmacia del Corso ( Via del Corso 242 )

Thanks, now for the big question, I read that location swabs you nasal passage.  If true, are they 1/2-3/4 swap up or is it the long brain tickler swap?

11 minutes ago, KENLORJUS said:

Thanks, now for the big question, I read that location swabs you nasal passage.  If true, are they 1/2-3/4 swap up or is it the long brain tickler swap?

Nasal passage, he was gentle!

At FCO, I'd swear she touched my brain, I wanted to smack her!

• 3 weeks later...

We are back from our three nights in Rome after disembarking the Celebrity Beyond. We stayed at Hotel Ponte Sisto and found it easy to get to Trastevere (right over the bridge) as well as walk to Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Plaza Navona, Campo de Fiori. We did take a cab to the Vatican since we had our 88 year old mom with us. The hotel was clean and comfortable and had a great breakfast and roof top area that was great for relaxing in the evening. We enjoyed our stay there and would stay there again if/when we return to Rome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, scrapcreator said:

We are back from our three nights in Rome after disembarking the Celebrity Beyond. We stayed at Hotel Ponte Sisto and found it easy to get to Trastevere (right over the bridge) as well as walk to Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Plaza Navona, Campo de Fiori. We did take a cab to the Vatican since we had our 88 year old mom with us. The hotel was clean and comfortable and had a great breakfast and roof top area that was great for relaxing in the evening. We enjoyed our stay there and would stay there again if/when we return to Rome

Love that area,  thanks for the recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My DH and I will be sailing in Oct. and spending two nights prior to the cruise in Rome. Does anyone have any knowledge of or experience with Navona 49 in the Piazza Navona? Also, any recommendations on "don't miss" places to eat nearby?

11 hours ago, bftcruiser said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of or experience with Navona 49 in the Piazza Navona?

We stayed at Navona 49 in a Deluxe Suite With View for seven nights in late October 2019.  The hotel is located on two floors of a building at the north end of Piazza Navona.  We found accommodations as described on their website to be accurate.

Breakfast in our suite or on the rooftop was included and needed to be ordered in advance the previous evening.  After one breakfast on the roof we enjoyed the following breakfasts in our suite due to the morning sun beating down on us on the roof with no shade.

We would stay there again and, in fact, had a booking for fall 2020 that was cancelled due to COVID.

Our view of Piazza Navona...

image.thumb.png.be5c4969b9e27f3a5a035f3ea1bc8fb5.png 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, -Lew- said:

We stayed at Navona 49 in a Deluxe Suite With View for seven nights in late October 2019.  The hotel is located on two floors of a building at the north end of Piazza Navona.  We found accommodations as described on their website to be accurate.

Breakfast in our suite or on the rooftop was included and needed to be ordered in advance the previous evening.  After one breakfast on the roof we enjoyed the following breakfasts in our suite due to the morning sun beating down on us on the roof with no shade.

We would stay there again and, in fact, had a booking for fall 2020 that was cancelled due to COVID.

That's a beautiful view -- nothing says Rome like a view of a piazza with a fountain or two thrown in. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Is this a different hotel than Hotel Navona? If different, is this in the area of Hotel Navona? Thanks 

34 minutes ago, IndyCapt said:

Is this a different hotel than Hotel Navona? If different, is this in the area of Hotel Navona? Thanks 

They're two different hotels.  Navona 49 is on Piazza Navona at the north end.  Hotel Navona is not directly on Piazza Navona...about a block and a half off the southwest corner.

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

They're two different hotels.  Navona 49 is on Piazza Navona at the north end.  Hotel Navona is not directly on Piazza Navona...about a block and a half off the southwest corner.

Ok thank you. Looks like you had a great view!

On 7/6/2022 at 12:07 PM, -Lew- said:

How nice. I have stayed around the corner but never directly in the Piazza.

Maybe I should change my mind.

What kind of Breakfast was offered?

44 minutes ago, carlmm said:

How nice. I have stayed around the corner but never directly in the Piazza.

Maybe I should change my mind.

What kind of Breakfast was offered?

I would describe breakfast as expanded continental.  There are plenty of menu items to choose including pastries, cereal, fruit, juice, various coffees, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, meats, cheeses...everything you would expect for a typical Italian breakfast.

By the way, I notice some canopies and awnings have been added to the rooftop patio since our stay.  They were sorely needed and likely make dining there much more comfortable.

1 minute ago, -Lew- said:

I would describe breakfast as expanded continental.  There are plenty of menu items to choose including pastries, cereal, fruit, juice, various coffees, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, meats, cheeses...everything you would expect for a typical Italian breakfast.

By the way, I notice some canopies and awnings have been added to the rooftop patio since our stay.  They were sorely needed and likely make dining there much more comfortable.

Thanks so much. Actually I do enjoy breakfast in the sun. ☀️

Looking for a recommendation for a hotel in Rome in October. Last year we stayed at Albergo del Senato and it was wonderful. Can't say anything bad about this lovely hotel (except it was a holiday weekend and with the shutters open very loud out in the square). This year we only have an afternoon before heading the next day to Civitavecchia. We are planning to spend most of the afternoon at the Baths of Caracalla. I was wondering if there is a hotel similar to del Senato but closer to the area where the Baths are, or is it a mistake because that area isn't as nice? Thanks for any input.

15 minutes ago, lorimay said:

Looking for a recommendation for a hotel in Rome in October. Last year we stayed at Albergo del Senato and it was wonderful. Can't say anything bad about this lovely hotel (except it was a holiday weekend and with the shutters open very loud out in the square). This year we only have an afternoon before heading the next day to Civitavecchia. We are planning to spend most of the afternoon at the Baths of Caracalla. I was wondering if there is a hotel similar to del Senato but closer to the area where the Baths are, or is it a mistake because that area isn't as nice? Thanks for any input.

Hotel Nerva is located near the main "ancient" attractions including the Baths of Caracalla (as well as the Imperial Forums, and the Colosseum/Forum Romanum/Palatine Hill).

While not as deluxe as the Albergo del Senato, it is a family-owned boutique hotel that has been steadily updated since I first stayed there 10 years ago. Their included breakfast is also very nice.

On 7/6/2022 at 6:07 AM, -Lew- said:

What kind of room was this?  I looked on their website, and nothing really indicated a piazza view (the Presidential Suite said it had a balcony, but that was the only one that hinted there was one).

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

What kind of room was this?  I looked on their website, and nothing really indicated a piazza view (the Presidential Suite said it had a balcony, but that was the only one that hinted there was one).

You're correct about none now mentioning a view; however, when we booked it was in the description.  See the screenshot of part of my confirmation below...

image.png.4d64bccf479c948b94a90fda7c8ac3f5.png

I suggest you email or call them via WhatApp to confirm your view.  I found them to be very helpful on the phone.

UPDATE:  Just noticed this on their website...

Six suites, six jewels of taste and comfort, modern and sober lines that collide and merge with the majesty of the original structure. You can choose the type that best suits your needs, from the superior room to the presidential suite, always enjoying the spectacular view of Piazza Navona and pampered by our services.

Edited by -Lew-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 8:55 PM, scrapcreator said:

Just checked out Hotel Ponte Sisto on your recommendation.  If the website is true to reality we may just stay there fall 2023.

We will be in Rome in November and have some reward points we would like to use. We understand a chain hotel probably won’t give us the full Rome experience but would like to save a little cash. Does anyone have any experience with the Doubletree Hilton Rome Monti? Any input on location etc is greatly appreciated. 

17 minutes ago, peachykiehn said:

We will be in Rome in November and have some reward points we would like to use. We understand a chain hotel probably won’t give us the full Rome experience but would like to save a little cash. Does anyone have any experience with the Doubletree Hilton Rome Monti? Any input on location etc is greatly appreciated. 

Assuming you have Hilton points. Stay at Cavalleri. One of the best hotels in Rome.

• Like 1