The Daily for Saturday Aug 1, 2020

richwmn

11 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I haven't read all the posts yet so don't know if this has been answered yet, but I think Roy's photo was taken in Christchurch, New Zealand.  Am I right?

image.jpeg.3266c4f82bbc3a22481b3556bc89dc48.jpeg

Hav'nt read all the posts, but Looks like the "Cardboard" Cathedral in Christchurch.

• Like 1

Rich,

Thanks for the daily report, and thanks to all who post the gorgeous photos.

Today 3 new cases of Covid-19  in our country, all cases are folk who have returned from overseas, staying in compulsory hotel isolation for 14 days, during which time they have two tests, one on day 3 and the second on day 12 of isolation.

No one is released to go home until they have clear tests.

None of the cases require hopital treatment.   

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, PSR said:

I thought someone else would comment, but are these mountain goats on a vertical cliff? If so, yikes!!!

So, Rich posts the Daily fleet report, then has been adding various fun things. Yesterday was among others, National Mountain Climbing Day. Yes, the goats are going straight up. When we lived in Montana our mountain goats went up the sheer cliffs no problem!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dfish said:

Tonight's sunset is from the deck of my sister's lake house on Lake Michigan July 5, 2019.  Hoping all in the path of the storm are safe tonight.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

Lake Michigan Sunset.jpg

Lovely!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

thought someone else would comment, but are these mountain goats on a vertical cliff? If so, yikes!!!

11 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So, Rich posts the Daily fleet report, then has been adding various fun things. Yesterday was among others, National Mountain Climbing Day. Yes, the goats are going straight up. When we lived in Montana our mountain goats went up the sheer cliffs no problem!

Wow! That's impressive! 😲 Thanks for the answer.

5 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

I just saw this-now I don't have to wait  another day for the answer on the other board LOL

Welcome to the Daily.  Come join us more often.

Roy

• Like 2

On 8/1/2020 at 4:57 PM, cat shepard said:

Wow, Palm Coast is literally minutes from me. I am South or East of them - depending on which area they are in.  Bless you for comforting Mackenzie!

I notice the diagram showing the projected path of the storm ENDS  very far south of New England where we  expect chance of heavy rain thunder, lightning , winds  possibly as far north as parts of Maine

Edited by sail7seas

9 hours ago, sail7seas said:

I notice the diagram showing the projected path of the storm ENDS  very far south of New England where we  expect chance of heavy rain thunder, lightning , winds  possibly as far north as parts of Maine

You are correct Sails. It was the best prediction the experts had when I posted. But the storm stayed over open warm water, and changed dramatically.  Be safe.