Quantum Obstructed Cabin

I just did a L&S to Quantum and my only option was an obstructed balcony. I chose 13190 which is listed as a 10% obstruction. Does anyone know what the obstruction is?  I cant discern anything by looking at stock pictures. There’s only one obstructed cabin on each side on deck 13. Also, does anyone know what’s above this room on 14 (noise concern)?

I’m suspecting it may have something to do with the whirlpool. 

Edited by HicksRA

The "10%" obstruction is an arbitrary value.  It's more so that it's flagged in the system as obstructed so guests don't get on board and complain.  

If you don't happen to have a support in your face looking straight out and only see it looking forward or aft one could argue it's only 5% obstructed.  If it's right in front of your balcony door and you can't avoid seeing the support one might argue it's 20% obstructed.  They don't get that granular on a cabin by cabin basis, instead they slap many cabins with 10% as a CYA.   

image.thumb.png.424edcb0d0ab363dd8765dd9ccc7a5f2.pngThe cabin on the opposite (starboard) side, 13590, is also marked as having obstructed view.

Taking a closer look on 13590... I don't see there is any difference with other adjacent rooms.

Really don't know why 13590 is considered as obstructed, but 13588 or 13592 are not.

Same situation for your cabin on port side.

If the supports of the pool deck are the obstructed object, we still cannot explain why not the entire Deck 13 is regarded as obstructed view cabins.

• Thanks 1

If it was obstructed by the support struts for and by the pool deck overhang then all of the inward balconies would have this obstructed designation as shown by the first shot below taken from the balcony for cabin 13686.

Next shot below is that balcony section on Anthem taken from the bridge wing.

Deck plan, third shot shown below, that 13190 is under automatic doors into solarium that are beside pool bar

P4100220.JPG

P4120278.JPG

Quantum13190.jpg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

image.thumb.png.424edcb0d0ab363dd8765dd9ccc7a5f2.pngThe cabin on the opposite (starboard) side, 13590, is also marked as having obstructed view.

Taking a closer look on 13590... I don't see there is any difference with other adjacent rooms.

Really don't know why 13590 is considered as obstructed, but 13588 or 13592 are not.

Same situation for your cabin on port side.

If the supports of the pool deck are the obstructed object, we still cannot explain why not the entire Deck 13 is regarded as obstructed view cabins.

I’m wondering if it could be the apparatus hanging from the ceiling in the above pic that’s about seven cabins to the right of your circle. 

20 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The Quantum was re-done for the Asian market.

My understanding is those changes are supposed to be reversed when the ship comes back to the US market.  I wouldn't mind the noodle restaurant to stay in place of Johnny Rockets though.

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

Also, I don’t see a DL on the deck plans. Is there no DL on Quantum?

Golden Room on the deck plans.  Time will tell how that is used outside of Asia.  

365792078_QNGoldenRoom.jpeg.4a10a603e531132d76fd889d94a21d46.jpeg

I'll start a rumor - This is the future Pinnacle Lounge.  Diamonds not allowed. 

I have no basis for that rumor but it's fun to throw a grenade and hide once in a while.

• Thanks 1