Greece - Corfu or Crete

wowzz

Just posted on BBC news website

• Greece announced further measures intended to curb a recent spike in infections. Visitors from Spain, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands and the Czech Republic will have to show proof they have tested negative for the virus before entering the country
  • It also announced a night curfew on bars and restaurants in major tourist destinations such as Crete, Santorini and Rhodes. The health minister said infections were "rising dangerously"

I wish you well Wowzz - hope it works out OK if you decide to go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Just posted on BBC news website

• Greece announced further measures intended to curb a recent spike in infections. Visitors from Spain, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands and the Czech Republic will have to show proof they have tested negative for the virus before entering the country
  • It also announced a night curfew on bars and restaurants in major tourist destinations such as Crete, Santorini and Rhodes. The health minister said infections were "rising dangerously"

I wish you well Wowzz - hope it works out OK if you decide to go

Thanks Eddie - we were looking forward to getting away to somewhere new, but in the light of the reports of the last few days, we have decided to hold fire.

My thanks to all of you  for your suggestions - hopefully they will be of use next year.

In the interim, we've booked a week in September in Seaton. Not quite the same as Crete, but at least we won't have to wear a mask on our journey! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks Eddie - we were looking forward to getting away to somewhere new, but in the light of the reports of the last few days, we have decided to hold fire.

My thanks to all of you  for your suggestions - hopefully they will be of use next year.

In the interim, we've booked a week in September in Seaton. Not quite the same as Crete, but at least we won't have to wear a mask on our journey! 

Wowzz, have you considered the Caribbean, with little or no American visitors this winter prices should be very good.

42 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You should enjoy Seaton. It's quite a way from Salcombe, so the bins should be empty

😁

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Wowzz, have you considered the Caribbean, with little or no American visitors this winter prices should be very good.

Good suggestion - it's just that at the moment I'm lacking the enthusiasm to book anything more than 2 months in advance.

Awww, sorry for Greece Wowzz

However, you could do a lot worse than Seaton and surrounding coastal resorts.  Spend a day in Beer (hic!) or enjoy the delights of Lyme Regis, or fossil hunting at Charmouth.

Hope the sun shines for you

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Aah now I’ve been to Seaton, had a lovely holiday there about 15 years ago, we had a heatwave too!

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

You should enjoy Seaton. It's quite a way from Salcombe, so the bins should be empty

😁

Stavros's kebab shop on the High St should provide a Hellenic atmosphere.

• Haha 2

To follow on from another thread, we have rented a caravan, so a Carry on Camping type of holiday. I will play the Jim Dale character, Kalos can be Sid James, and Andy can be Charles Hawtrey (sorry Andy). Please feel free to cast yourself or others. 

Ladies, feel free to fight over the Barbara Windsor and Hattie Jaques roles!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, wowzz said:

To follow on from another thread, we have rented a caravan, so a Carry on Camping type of holiday. I will play the Jim Dale character, Kalos can be Sid James, and Andy can be Charles Hawtrey (sorry Andy). Please feel free to cast yourself or others. 

Ladies, feel free to fight over the Barbara Windsor and Hattie Jaques roles!

I'll take the Hattie Jacques roll. It's more me nowadays. Used to be more of a Barbara Windsor,  but like Topsy said "It just growed" 😂

Avril 

• Haha 1

When I go to Heart Rehab exercise class, where they put us through our paces, I am the only 'girl'.   During one exercise holding two weights doing what she did... at least one of the others will say something like "OK Barbara" or worse.   Never fails to ,make me laugh every time.🤣.

Same here....much more Hattie Jacques these days