Where in the world?

Eddie99

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes, Mersea Island! 

None of those suggestions. It's Bandar Seri Begawan in Brunei. The Sultan's gold topped palace sits right next to a stinking swamp like place with huts that are falling apart. Some of the huts did have large TVs though. Fascinating place but very, very hot.

Pat

• Like 1

The memories that these photos are bringing back are just what I needed. We decided to take as many cruises as we could while my husband could still travel. We have been so lucky to have been able to see so many far flung places. Sadly he is now unable to travel but we certainly enjoyed it while we could. The best decision we made when we knew he had a serious progressive neurological disease.

Pat

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

The memories that these photos are bringing back are just what I needed. We decided to take as many cruises as we could while my husband could still travel. We have been so lucky to have been able to see so many far flung places. Sadly he is now unable to travel but we certainly enjoyed it while we could. The best decision we made when we knew he had a serious progressive neurological disease.

Pat

What a lovely thing to say to those who have posted their delightful photographs.😊

So sorry about your husband - it must be extremely difficult for you both.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

DSCN2227.thumb.JPG.01766919e9f1d76a0a7f0c54b72b69a5.JPG

If we could superimpose a cruise ship then this would fit nicely on the ABC thread - as indeed would Brunei. When we visited this museum they had a display of Andy Warhol- said it was the first time they had managed to display all 48 images together, but they were all the same! I obviously don't understand modern art but we thought the building was better than anything displayed inside it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elderflower said:

None of those suggestions. It's Bandar Seri Begawan in Brunei. The Sultan's gold topped palace sits right next to a stinking swamp like place with huts that are falling apart. Some of the huts did have large TVs though. Fascinating place but very, very hot.

Pat

I was close(ish).😁 I know what you mean with the heat. Being on the equator makes it's unbearable.

Avril

9 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

Adawn 47 not Sri Lanka but Cochin in India.

Pat

We've also seen the stilt fishermen in Sri Lanka that's why I made that guess. Same as Malaysia instead of Brunei. Close but no cigar🤔

Avril