Guaranteed Cabins

Never choose the Guarantee option before. If I pick a guarantee balcony is it possible I’d get an obstructed view?  I’m D+ if that makes a difference.  

PS... I know I get a balcony discount but it could mean saving about $100.  

Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, phillychick said:

Never choose the Guarantee option before. If I pick a guarantee balcony is it possible I’d get an obstructed view?  I’m D+ if that makes a difference.  

Thanks. 

Are there any obstructed view balcony on your ship? What ship?

Idk your level of loyalty will make any difference. Once you get assigned a cabin if there is a better location same category you can ask to change cabins. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk your level of loyalty will make any difference. Once you get assigned a cabin if there is a better location same category you can ask to change cabins. 

Never thought of that.  Looking at Independence.  Does she have any obstructed view balconies?

34 minutes ago, phillychick said:

Never thought of that.  Looking at Independence.  Does she have any obstructed view balconies?

Only the aft balconies but they have huge balconies and many don’t mind the obstruction 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, phillychick said:

If you want a obstructed view balcony , don't book guarantee you could get  a JS . I like to marvel at the window washer machine others are into lifeboat's 🤣

https://www.google.com/search?q=royal+carribian++obstructed+view+balcony+pictures&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwj13v6Q0ZvrAhWLeH0KHVPpCC0Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=royal+carribian++obstructed+view+balcony+pictures&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDFDFqAFY2okCYO2eAmgAcAB4AIABigKIAf0OkgEFMC44LjKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=dwE3X7XHFovx9QPT0qPoAg&bih=657&biw=1366

1 minute ago, Hogbay said:

Most of those are from Quantum class.  The OP specifically asked about Indy and there are no cabins blocked by lifeboats. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phillychick said:

Thanks. 

I would not hesitate to take a balcony guarantee on the Independence, unless it's a transatlantic and I would not want the most forward cabins.

No obstructed balcony cabins on IOS.   (and by that I mean:  Nothing that *I* consider obstructed.  I love aft balconies on Voyager/Freedom class ships)

D+ makes NO difference.

You can change to another cabin in the identical category, once your cabin is assigned, based on availability.  Before the shutdown,  most guarantee assignments were being made at the last minute to prevent people from doing this.

• Thanks 1

I think the risk is pretty low with Royal, as they allow you to move to another open cabin in the same class.

Carnival burnt me once with a guaranteed balcony, which was beside an elevator and was the congregation point for both cruisers and crew.  Never again with Carnival, but would likely take my chances with a guaranteed balcony on Royal.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, firefly333 said:

It does make a difference we are both D+ we done it several times we always get a cabin no in 1 to 2 weeks,

maybe it is just luck.I have seem people here waiting almost to cruise time to get their cabin.

However what ever they give you you have to take..

It is a gamble,you decide.

Regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, juncos said:

It does make a difference we are both D+ we done it several times we always get a cabin no in 1 to 2 weeks,

maybe it is just luck.I have seem people here waiting almost to cruise time to get their cabin.

Regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

If they give the cabin assignment to you early and there are other cabins available in the same category, you may switch, but it has to be the same category.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, juncos said:

Regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

It doesn't make a difference.  You may have gotten your cabin assignment in one to two weeks, but it wasn't because you are D+.

• Like 1