Princess Patter Help

bubbapuck

Sorry for the newb question. It will be my first time cruising with princess.

I have heard of a document called Orin was patted. I have done a few searches and can find some older samples but was wondering if anyone knew if a site or where on this site to find patters specific for Alaska and the Sun princess. I am hopefully cruising this next year and woikd

like to get an idea of the onboard entertainment for Alaksa and what a Patter might look like for the Sun. 

thanks.. Bubba.

1 hour ago, gmjc2 said:

What is a patter?

Princess Patter. Daily 4 page newspaper listing ship's events of the day, delivered to the cabin the night before. On medallion ships the events are also available on the medallion app. 

Patters change and what was relevant last year may not apply this year or next. Since the ED makes them up, and the ED changes after their contract is up,  times for excursions, activities and formats  also change. It is a lot more fun to await new experiences without knowing every step of the future.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

Patters change and what was relevant last year may not apply this year or next. Since the ED makes them up, and the ED changes after their contract is up,  times for excursions, activities and formats  also change. It is a lot more fun to await new experiences without knowing every step of the future.

Hi!  We live about 5-7 miles from Lady Lake!  Small world. We never take a trip without meeting someone from the Villages. We are east of Belleview at the very south end of Ocala.

3 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Thanks. I have never heard that term before. We have only 2 Princess cruises though. We have 52 other cruises and we call them all newspapers! Easier to remember!

They've also had 'newspapers' in the past with current events around the world.  These have traditionally been one single page, with printing on front and back.  I don't think I've seen them in a while but, they might have still set them out by the pursers desk but, I've just not looked.  

The Patter generally has information for the following day and is delivered to your stateroom each evening.  It has the next days activities, events, dress code, schedule for bars and dining rooms, safety reminders, etc.  We've also cruised on many different lines and there has generally been a newspaper with world event headlines and a cruiseline specific 'daily', like the Princess Patter.  

7 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Thanks. I have never heard that term before. We have only 2 Princess cruises though. We have 52 other cruises and we call them all newspapers! Easier to remember!

Believe Royal Caribbean calls theirs the Cruise Compass.

The Princess Patter does not contain any news articles, only ship activities. These days more news than you need on vacation is available on the cabin TV or on the internet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skynight said:

These days more news than you need on vacation is available on the cabin TV or on the internet.

Not in my experience as far as the TV is concerned.

More opinion than you need is available on the cabin TV, but very little real news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am doubting that an old patter will be relevant to  cruising

post  covid.  unless a  vaccine is found.

Seating for shows is already limited. We have been getting there 30 mins before for some shows and they have been almost full. ?Think  half the number of seats?   Less shows ? 

running the same show 3 nights.   Trivia  sometimes packed out  finding a spot not overlooked /looking over -

Yes I know its just a game.

Pencils !!   I always wondered why they  demand the pencils back Norovirus running wild and they want you to share pencils!!

We ALWAYS use our own pen.

Lectures   will need a bigger venue though port talks are usually full.

Less ports?  less talks?  watch it on your TV  

Tenders-  come on folks you can get 4 or 5 on each row move along.

Right  2 couples  to a row alternate rows -  how many tender trips.?

Effy shops   free raffle you have to be there to win 50-60 crammed  in a tiny outlet?  - by appointment only?   etc etc .

Buffet  feeling guilty because you would like that ,some of that ,a spoonful of this  oh and  few of those nuts  and that is only my cereal. I wont go into "full english."    Will do wonders for my weight

I will just have a coffee then!    

Lifts!!!!!  again  4 pax as against 12-14. - the stairs will be worn out not to mention my legs.

Solution to all this. Take a series of previous patters and stay in you cabin and reminisce 

Edited by Aulanis

On 8/16/2020 at 1:09 PM, gmjc2 said:

Hi!  We live about 5-7 miles from Lady Lake!  Small world. We never take a trip without meeting someone from the Villages. We are east of Belleview at the very south end of Ocala.

Every cruise has someone from The Villages it seems.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 3:33 PM, skynight said:

Princess Patter. Daily 4 page newspaper listing ship's events of the day, delivered to the cabin the night before. On medallion ships the events are also available on the medallion app. 

On medallion ships, does everyone still get a paper copy delivered to their stateroom?

9 minutes ago, fue-fue said:

On medallion ships, does everyone still get a paper copy delivered to their stateroom?

Pre Covid-19 - yes , we did in 12/2019 ( which seems forever ago now )

I could definitely see having to either 'request one' or pick one up at passenger services

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Pre Covid-19 - yes , we did in 12/2019 ( which seems forever ago now )

I could definitely see having to either 'request one' or pick one up at passenger services

Can also confirm that Medallion ships haven't nuked the patters. Instead, the periodic launch of medallions on each ship would coincide with the redesign of that ship's patter style and format, which is supposed to make things more streamlined and easy to read, though others have suggested otherwise. 

After watching some of the videos posted by a cruiser who recently patronized a TUI cruise on the Mein Schiff 2 a few weeks ago, I noticed that flyers were still being printed, and during the Diamond debacle in February, it showed how necessary it was to keep paper instructions flowing. So I think the Princess Patter is still here to stay, especially if mobile phones aren't made an absolute necessity on cruises. Princess also needs to significantly improve the design and accessibility of their Medallion app to supersede the paper patters. We shall wait and see.

• Like 1