Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

39 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Yup. Starboard side render (leaked) showed a double type slide but with a different type of platform, with an end at Ocean Boulevard so that one could/should be a dry slide to avoid kids with dripping wet swim clothing on the elevators back up.. :classic_laugh:

This port side platform shows quite an opening where the slide would go, making me think it's a different kind than starboard: tube racer slide, The Pod related?

It still seems strange that the handle only goes down a few decks, unless it is not completed yet.  It seems like a long way for a slide to go to the Ocean Boulevard deck without any support...

• Like 1

Question for the experts:  When we see the ship exiting the drydock, we see that there is an band with no paint on it.  Am I correct to think that this is because there is not yet enough weight on the ship?  And, once all the walls, the furniture, the pools and of course, the 3400 passengers will be on board, it will be more heavy and we will no longer see that line?

10 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

When we see the ship exiting the drydock, we see that there is an band with no paint on it.

It's a different color paint.  Bare steel in salt water is not a good idea.

11 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

And, once all the walls, the furniture, the pools and of course, the 3400 passengers will be on board, it will be more heavy and we will no longer see that line?

Yes, as weight is added it should appear lower in the water.  They can also add ballast to do the same and ships sailing "light" at reduced capacity very likely are doing just that to remain stable.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Not yet, besides the leaked black and white render. I hope we get to see it soon now she’s out of the dock!:classic_happy:

From the new video the smaller(?) handle is still on the starboard side, but it appears to be higher up than the one on the port.

Astonishing to me that just a tugboat pulls that gigantic mother out for her float out! The timelapse video that FreestyleNovice posted showed the tugboat struggling - it was kind of humorous LOL.

I can't wait to sail this ship! I'm going to wait until I sail Escape in November to book so I can cash in on some CruiseNext certificates. 

19 minutes ago, JC5240 said:

Astonishing to me that just a tugboat pulls that gigantic mother out for her float out! The timelapse video that FreestyleNovice posted showed the tugboat struggling - it was kind of humorous LOL.

I can't wait to sail this ship! I'm going to wait until I sail Escape in November to book so I can cash in on some CruiseNext certificates. 

Tugboats aren't built for speed, but for power to move large things at slow speed and maintain control of them.  I wouldn't want a brand new billions of dollars ship going more than a knot before it's first sea tests while it is being floated out either... 🙂

I'm aware, I wasn't speaking speed though, I was speaking strength. It's amazing to me that that little tugboat can tug that motherload of a ship! Thanks for the info though!

9 minutes ago, SliderNc said:

Tugboats aren't built for speed, but for power to move large things at slow speed and maintain control of them.  I wouldn't want a brand new billions of dollars ship going more than a knot before it's first sea tests while it is being floated out either... 🙂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nikitasmilesnotfrowns said:

image.jpg

Looks like a beautiful pool area.  My first thought on seeing these loungers is that they'll be popular places for someone to sleep all night in order to save for the day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlanRRT said:

Looks like a beautiful pool area.  My first thought on seeing these loungers is that they'll be popular places for someone to sleep all night in order to save for the day.

Not gonna lie, that sleep all night out there sounds wonderful LOL.

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

that pic is new,

the end of the both abyss slides is to see there

The small fence/boarding is in line with was barely visible on the blueprint from a few months ago, with a text like "...IDE LANDING AREA" or something along that. Seems like a dry slide to me!

Where did that render came from? :classic_ninja:

I'm really enjoying the photos and videos but rolling my eyes at a lot of the NCL announcements about Prima's "firsts", namely:

1) First infinity pools on a Promenade Deck!!!

(except for Iona which sailed for the first time this week....)

2) First Food Hall Concept!

(except for Carnival Mardi Gras which sailed for the first time last week ....)

3) "We changed ship design by putting the engines in the middle"

(except for Seaside, Seaview and Seashore and Scarlet Lady ... both of which sailed for the first time last week.....)

I see a trend .....

Having said that, I am BEYOND excited to sail on her as the videos show a superb top deck General Arrangement and the Haven is truly HUGE! The cabins and suites in terms of size and design are also at the top of their class!

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

The small fence/boarding is in line with was barely visible on the blueprint from a few months ago, with a text like "...IDE LANDING AREA" or something along that. Seems like a dry slide to me!

Where did that render came from? :classic_ninja:

Any chance these are just trash chutes?  Like high rise buildings use to get waste building products off high floors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Seriously...two slides? Because one wasn’t enough?

The screw design allows two slides on almost the same foot space as one I think, reducing wait time and improving pax experience. If you meant the star board Abyss. :classic_happy:

Port side.. still could be a Royal Caribbean style North Star sling, swinging a pod underwater and landing you in one of those sought after day beds at the Food Hall. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2