Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

On 8/7/2021 at 4:26 PM, Karaboudjan said:

It has been a busy news week for NCL.  Maybe they want to wait until there is less to distract from Prima.

The first cruise on the Prima is August 17 of 2022 - so perhaps around the 17th of this month they will reveal more, so they can hype up the "1 year out"

looking at previous timelines for the Encore it would make sense:

11/28/2018 Norwegian Cruise Line Unveils Entertainment and Recreation Line-Up for Norwegian Encore at Keel Laying Ceremony
11/22/2019 Norwegian Cruise Line Christens Newest Innovative Ship, Norwegian Encore, in Miami

• Like 4

Hull 6299! :classic_love: Leo 2's megablock is ready to leave the Romanian ship yard and make her way to Venice. This photo said "Ready to go!", last time the voyage took what, 10-12-14 days?

This seems to be the tug who will do the tow: https://www.marinetraffic.com/nl/ais/details/ships/shipid:280046/mmsi:247266600/imo:9442275/vessel:CARLO_MARTELLO

Route: downriver in Romania, on to the Black Sea, pass the Bosporus Strait, around Greece and up to Venice, Italy!

236337950_518203772812330_1824129309403993351_n.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, brad0576 said:

The first cruise on the Prima is August 17 of 2022 - so perhaps around the 17th of this month they will reveal more, so they can hype up the "1 year out"

looking at previous timelines for the Encore it would make sense:

11/28/2018 Norwegian Cruise Line Unveils Entertainment and Recreation Line-Up for Norwegian Encore at Keel Laying Ceremony
11/22/2019 Norwegian Cruise Line Christens Newest Innovative Ship, Norwegian Encore, in Miami

That would also fit just about right with Harry Sommer's comments.

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Hull 6299! :classic_love: Leo 2's megablock is ready to leave the Romanian ship yard

Maybe a separate thread for the second ship is in order?  Considering there's discussion of inaugural sailings and staterooms on Prima in this one...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Maybe a separate thread for the second ship is in order?  Considering there's discussion of inaugural sailings and staterooms on Prima in this one...

Good idea, but giving there won't be any real news on Leo 2 for a few weeks/months, would a thread (already) be viable?

The luxury of not starting an Everything thread as we're still on the first, who would have thought that heh! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 9:31 AM, ondray2023 said:

I missed Spice H2O on the Encore. It would be great to see it return on Leonardo I!

yes I agree. to me Escape was a perfect ship in many ways including their saunas with windows on the side.  I loved the grotto H2O area.  Back of ships should always be open for the passengers at least on the top levels.

And today when getting serviced by the resolutions team, the agent said Prima is geared a little bit more for adults and relaxing cruising.  should be interesting and can't wait to see the new ship in 2 years for my cruise out of Iceland.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gardening_guy said:

I think they would attract more adults without gimmicky things like go carts and laser tag….

Agreed - but with a bunch of 4K passenger ships I feel they need the family amenities to draw the demand.... as this class is smaller in size (and significantly smaller in capacity) I would imagine they would have more "adult playgrounds"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gardening_guy said:

I think they would attract more adults without gimmicky things like go carts and laser tag….

By the time I go on Prima, I'll be 68 and if there's a go cart track, I'm going to be on it!

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

@brad0576  the FUTURE of cruising is in our children and grandchildren... we're not going to last forever no matter what our age. 

We need our children/grandchildren to get hooked on cruising if we want cruising to continue. 

Something for everyone, not everything for everyone.....

Not every ship needs to be designed for the same demographic, but the company should have options for each demographic.

• Like 4

Somehow the popup viewer for viewing images here on CruiseCritic works backward for me, giving me a smaller image than the preview/thumbnail from a message. These pics are decent quality, taken before float out and may already shed some light on someone's possible future balcony overhang question. Every bit is worth sharing! :classic_cool:

do_5.jpeg

do_4.jpeg

do_3.jpeg

do_2.jpeg

do_1.jpeg

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 4

Underneath where the supposed The Pod is/will be/won't be, a deck below will be the spot for a Marine Ark liferaft. Common on most if not all cruise ships.

So anything Pod related will not be under/on that deck. I am skipping my "view under the sea" possibilities, which were already thin.. Is The Pod a discarded idea or were they evaluating one of the next ships?

notthepod.png

2 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I dunno .... the big "loop" at the top looks like a slide embarkation platform to me!

Yup. Starboard side render (leaked) showed a double type slide but with a different type of platform, with an end at Ocean Boulevard so that one could/should be a dry slide to avoid kids with dripping wet swim clothing on the elevators back up.. :classic_laugh:

This port side platform shows quite an opening where the slide would go, making me think it's a different kind than starboard: tube racer slide, The Pod related?