Concierge lounge Access

Hi Everyone

Hope you all are staying well!!  

We are so anxious to get back on a ship.🥰  Mask or not!!

We have Anthem booked for next April and we are in a Junior suite🥰.  Its kind of confusing as there are so many policies for the ships within Royal i need to ask > What are the policies for the CL ? 

We are also Diamond Plus and when we sailed on Quantum in a regular balcony we were allowed in the CL being D+.

So can anyone clarify what the perks are there for a JR suite and D+ and if we can use the CL?

Thank you Stay Safe

Liz💐

9 minutes ago, knots4crewzing said:

Hi Everyone

Hope you all are staying well!!  

We are so anxious to get back on a ship.🥰  Mask or not!!

We have Anthem booked for next April and we are in a Junior suite🥰.  Its kind of confusing as there are so many policies for the ships within Royal i need to ask > What are the policies for the CL ? 

We are also Diamond Plus and when we sailed on Quantum in a regular balcony we were allowed in the CL being D+.

So can anyone clarify what the perks are there for a JR suite and D+ and if we can use the CL?

Thank you Stay Safe

Liz💐

Hard to say going forward. Currently the JS does nothing except get you in CK for dinner.

At the end of the current season, Royal was banning D+ from the CL on Anthem. No idea what happens going forward

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, knots4crewzing said:

Thank You!   Hopefully thats not the case. 

do you happen to know if the D lounge has a cappuccino maker

On Anthem I believe it (DL) did. 

Agree hopefully....the D+'s will be allowed back into the CL...It was a bit of a walk but the views were great and the fact that they had their own restroom worked out well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Agree hopefully....the D+'s will be allowed back into the CL...It was a bit of a walk but the views were great and the fact that they had their own restroom worked out well.

Thank You.  I loved the CL lounge on Quantum. We were on the Anthem a few years ago and for the life of me i cant remember if we used the CL🤣

It was a hike but so worth it. The view was amazing and it was so spacious. I forgot about the bathroom LOL 😆

Liz💐

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Restrooms pretty close to DL

Screenshot_20200817-211034_Chrome.thumb.jpg.022cf05ae347367d274ed98e0e9b82d6.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, knots4crewzing said:

Im trying to place where the restrooms were in the CL LOL  But thanks for the diagram for the DL Lol

Rest rooms in Anthem's CL are in the starboard side corner just to the left of the entrance door when entering on that side of that ship.

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, knots4crewzing said:

Thank You!   Hopefully thats not the case. 

do you happen to know if the D lounge has a cappuccino maker

Yes, it definitely did.

The question is whether it will remain due to coronavirus fears.

• Like 1

Boarded Anthem Jan 5, 2020 and was told by two different officers at the Suite/Pinnacle cocktail party that going forward D+ would no longer have access to the present lounge (CL) and that it would be renamed to an SL at its next drydock.   It is my understanding that those aboard Anthem on the remaining sailings before the Covid19 Pause  either notified that D+ would not have access to the CL.  The letter/email stated it was due to large numbers of D+ C&A members, but, to the best of my knowledge through discussions with other C&A members, those same letters/emails were sent/given to passengers on every ship from Jan 1, 2020  onward that still had a CL. I boarded Serenade Jan 31st, 2020 and was there until March 4. Every sailing on that ship received the same notification.  I think it is very likely D+ have seen the last of the Lounge currently labeled "Concierge."

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I think it is very likely D+ have seen the last of the Lounge currently labeled "Concierge."

A D+ may still them, you just may not be invited inside. Yes, all Anthem sailings got the notice about D+ no longer being invited.

Biker, who wonders if the seemingly temporary allowance for a daily specialty coffee for D+ will remain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

A D+ may still them, you just may not be invited inside. Yes, all Anthem sailings got the notice about D+ no longer being invited.

Biker, who wonders if the seemingly temporary allowance for a daily specialty coffee for D+ will remain.

Waiting to see what happens with Odyssey and should be tell tale regarding Anthem. 

4 hours ago, LorraineP said:

We (Diamond+) were on the Anthem end of January 2020 for 3 weeks & were not allowed in the CL lounge. 

That is just about when the policy began.

Sadly, they were not not being truthful.  They gave the explanation that access for D+ to the CL would vary from cruise to cruise.  It did not.  It was a blanket policy.

16 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Sadly, they were not not being truthful.  They gave the explanation that access for D+ to the CL would vary from cruise to cruise.  It did not.  It was a blanket policy.

Though there were some sailings on some ships in Dec. that still allowed access for the most part, it began with sailings after Jan. 1, 2020.  I believe that the only reason officers on board Anthem were so forthcoming about the change in policy  was because some of us in the CL had witnessed several very loud/nasty interactions between passengers and the Concierge when those guests had walked in with other people and were politely directed to leave and utilize the Diamond Lounge, with the Concierge referencing the letter in their cabin.

58 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Maybe this applies.

Screenshot_20200818-110700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37d5f9ca3e36f0d236b5ba6d3b940ec1.jpg

Or it could be folks are just making assumptions

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Yes.  He was quite patient. The guests were the unruly ones.

That's so interesting.  I have never witnessed a confrontation in the CL.  My experiences with Ricardo Mock also showed that he could care less when people walked into the lounge.