Where is Norwegian ESCAPE Now?

F27TW

Just curious where in the world this ship is as of right now?     Last I heard, it had sailed to India and Philippines to drop crew off.    Is it still waiting over there for the new-hires?    Or has it come bacK?

Loved this ship last September when we sailed on her on the Hurricane Dorian cruise!

2 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Just curious where in the world this ship is as of right now?     Last I heard, it had sailed to India and Philippines to drop crew off.    Is it still waiting over there for the new-hires?    Or has it come bacK?

Loved this ship last September when we sailed on her on the Hurricane Dorian cruise!

Singapore.

Annotation 2020-08-24 102506.JPG

Edited by GA Dave
  • Like 1

Last week or so the Joy went into dry dock for a couple or so days - for something we don't know - maybe Escape is running in circles to burn off some fuel before going into dry dock for the same thing as the Joy?

Please correct if I'm wrong. Hope @chengkp75 can chime in.

13 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Yes, just the most basic stuff to keep her certified I am sure.  

Yes. A other dry was planned for May 2021 after the ta. A bigger one. There was some rumor if she becomes a race track?

Edited by Steff79

21 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Last week or so the Joy went into dry dock for a couple or so days - for something we don't know - maybe Escape is running in circles to burn off some fuel before going into dry dock for the same thing as the Joy?

Please correct if I'm wrong. Hope @chengkp75 can chime in.

Most of the docks in Singapore (Keppel) are graving docks (dug in the ground, not floating), so weight of the ship doesn't matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, F27TW said:

Thanks Dave .. never saw that site before .. much appreciated. 

Cruisemapper can be somewhat inaccurate at times, as it projects tracks and positions based on posted itineraries.  Sites like Marinetraffic and Vesselfinder will simply not post an "assumed" position when a ship is out of AIS range.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Yes. A other dry was planned for May 2021 after the ta. A bigger one. There was some rumor if she becomes a race track?

I really hope they stick to the standard stuff.  Update the rooms if needed, change a restaurant or two if they like, but leave the big things alone.  how often do they swap out a really large feature on one of these ships?  This would be removing the rope course to put in go carts right?  Seems like a really expensive thing to do when they already have a few go carting ships out there to chose from.

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Cruisemapper can be somewhat inaccurate at times, as it projects tracks and positions based on posted itineraries.  Sites like Marinetraffic and Vesselfinder will simply not post an "assumed" position when a ship is out of AIS range.

And it is important to note the time when the position was recorded. It could be days old,