Royal Caribbean Broadway & production shows

drsel

Surely YES!... But in between normal operations and healthy ones for the current situation, I'd prefer the healthy ones. And I hope you too!... The day this situation is over, they will happily to return things to what they used to be. Big production shows are a mega ship feature by itself. It is part of what they were designed to be!... So its absence will be no more than temporary!...

Have a nice day!...
I am planning to book Royal Quantum in March 2021.
Do you think the shows will be on as usual by then

14 minutes ago, drsel said:

I am planning to book Royal Quantum in March 2021.
Do you think the shows will be on as usual by then

That's the least of your worries.

We have Ovation scheduled in March of '21. I doubt it sails

• Like 1

Interesting to read how many people like the ice shows,

and production shows. Us too. Attend to every show, and

enjoy meeting the casts at other events.

We book mostly Freedom class, or Voyager class for the

ice shows and the broadway type shows.

We will wait to see if the ice shows and broadway shows

continue in some form.... probably will not cruise until then.

:-)

52 minutes ago, drsel said:
6 hours ago, Nunagoras said:
...Too early to know!... But March 2021? Quite unlikely to sail...

But this sailing is a Singapore round trip in March 2021

...Singapore might to be a go... Granted you can fly there...

31 minutes ago, denatravels said:

Blah. My next cruise is anthem. That was my last royal cruise 4 years ago and I thought the shows were bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course shows were not something you were interested in , but overall I also think rccl in general has the best except to the music charters which are more expensive than normal cruises. 

Of course shows were not something you were interested in , but overall I also think rccl in general has the best except to the music charters which are more expensive than normal cruises. 

I never said I wasn’t interested. I love going to see shows (I live in NYC walking distance from broadway). I said they were bad.

4 hours ago, denatravels said:

Blah. My next cruise is anthem. That was my last royal cruise 4 years ago and I thought the shows were bad.

2 hours ago, denatravels said:

I never said I wasn’t interested. I love going to see shows (I live in NYC walking distance from broadway). I said they were bad.

Bad?  Some of the shows could definitely be better. Some are ok,  some are very well done considering the limits of doing a show on a ship.  Anybody who goes on a cruise expecting genuine Broadway or West End quality shows is going to be disappointed. 

We have really enjoyed most of the production shows.  Chicago, grease, mamma mia, were perhaps our favorites.  Didn't  like CATs!  And of course, that is the show now on the Oasis and we have three cruises, (maybe) booked on her.  We just will not see the show again.  Would probably enjoy grease, but the Liberty of the seas not an option for us.  We like the Oasis class ships.

Edited by Cruise a holic

5 hours ago, crazyank said:

Bad?  Some of the shows could definitely be better. Some are ok,  some are very well done considering the limits of doing a show on a ship.  Anybody who goes on a cruise expecting genuine Broadway or West End quality shows is going to be disappointed. 

I was very pleased with the production quality of CATS

53 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have really enjoyed most of the production shows.  Chicago, grease, mamma mia, were perhaps our favorites.  Didn't  like CATs!  And of course, that is the show now on the Oasis and we have three cruises, (maybe) booked on her.  We just will not see the show again.  Would probably enjoy grease, but the Liberty of the seas not an option for us.  We like the Oasis class ships.

They shortened CATS to 90 minutes. It was very well received when we went in January