How to Cancel a Cruise OnLine prior to Final Payment?

Jim_Iain

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

That seems odd. It's not as if there's a travel agent involved. But  I assume from this thread that we could cancel online if a  res was made with an X cruise Planner, if we found the right click on button,?

We usually do the booking  research on line but call to make our res...so I assume that's why we  have able to call to cancel.

We have an APEX 5 day cruise in 2022 to cancel which is too close in date to our lift and shifted cruise on Reflection. Small deposit and no great bargain in price and perks.  Thought it would be a good way to see the ship in a short time as dh not that big a fan of E Class.  May as well get that done before the next wave of X cancellations clog up the system.

That's right...what happened in my case is that I wanted to cancel a cruise I made online and asked my X rep to do so;  she told me she couldn't cancel any online cruise, but of course could cancel any that an X rep made.  With her on the phone, I tried the 'cancel' online function on 3 different browsers but it wasn't working.  Had to hang up with her and call back in to the general help line and the service person immediately cancelled it for me.  Then I called back in to my rep who rebooked the cruise I had just cancelled.  The point of all this was that I wanted my X rep to have the control of my cruise not an online general rep who would have to do any changes I may have requested in the future.  What a long way around to get a result.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm contemplating another cruise and the Cancellation Link (not the one that they give you a FCC for your deposit) has again disappeared.

Hi....something doesn't seem right with your browser maybe? 

I just checked and my cancel button is there and it works.  Try another browser? However you're already into the site so all the functions should be accessible.  Seems MS Edge works better for me when I'm having a problem accessing some sites.

8 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

That's right...what happened in my case is that I wanted to cancel a cruise I made online and asked my X rep to do so;  she told me she couldn't cancel any online cruise, but of course could cancel any that an X rep made.  With her on the phone, I tried the 'cancel' online function on 3 different browsers but it wasn't working.  Had to hang up with her and call back in to the general help line and the service person immediately cancelled it for me.  Then I called back in to my rep who rebooked the cruise I had just cancelled.  The point of all this was that I wanted my X rep to have the control of my cruise not an online general rep who would have to do any changes I may have requested in the future.  What a long way around to get a result.

Makes sense, I suppose.

We do not book cruises on line..just dining and excursions.

We do not have a dedicated  rep with X.

Whoever we  get  when we call takes our booking and whoever we reach  cancels!

9 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

Hi....something doesn't seem right with your browser maybe? 

I just checked and my cancel button is there and it works.  Try another browser? However you're already into the site so all the functions should be accessible.  Seems MS Edge works better for me when I'm having a problem accessing some sites.

Wish it were that easy -  I have tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome  and Opera  

Doesn't show up --

Below where it usually has Cancel ---- it has a Cruise with Confidence Cancellation only which says they will give me a FCC even though it is a Refundable. 

31 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wish it were that easy -  I have tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome  and Opera  

Doesn't show up --

Below where it usually has Cancel ---- it has a Cruise with Confidence Cancellation only which says they will give me a FCC even though it is a Refundable. 

Are you cancelling a cruise in a time frame  which is *or will be* cancelled and the system is jumping the gun when it provides an FCC?

• 2 weeks later...

So our Cruise out of Melbourne 6th Feb, is not cancelled yet, so if I pay the balance and purchase excursions, looks like we in the likely event that the sailing will be cancelled receive a FCC of 125% making the payment a pretty good investment ? 

8 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Port fees and taxes, excursions, beverage package purchases, etc. are not included in the 125% FCC, they are refunded. With rising prices, a better investment would be to look into a Lift & Shift to protect your price and perks.

Actually unless it has changed, you have the option to receive 125% of the excursions, beverage packages, etc. that you have PURCHASED (not used OBC to purchase) as an OBC certificate that you can apply to a future cruise (does not have to be the same you use your FCC on) or take a refund.

Port taxes and fees ARE refunded.

• Thanks 1

Called Celebrity today to cancel an APEX cruise for 2022 that conflicts with our Lift and Shift cruise.

Whole process took less than ten minutes...easier to call than doing it online.

Only had a $200 deposit but might as well get it back to our card.

We had a non refundable deposit for October 2020 we sent a registered letter to Sydney Celebrity the letter took ten days to get there as all interstate postage goes by road as we live in Perth WA then to sub office post offices we received a email from Celebrity saying it would be credited to our credit card take care Aussieone

On 9/21/2020 at 8:25 PM, Aussie One said:

We had a non refundable deposit for October 2020 we sent a registered letter to Sydney Celebrity the letter took ten days to get there as all interstate postage goes by road as we live in Perth WA then to sub office post offices we received a email from Celebrity saying it would be credited to our credit card take care Aussieone

Interesting to hear.    I also cancelled an Australia to New Zealand cruise last week.   My agent told me I had booked a NR and would get a FCC for the deposit.   To my Surprise I received a refund back to my Credit Card.

Well I have confirmed that the Appearing and Disappearing of the cancelling of a self booked cruise isn't browser related.  

After 2 weeks, I just checked again using Firefox and the option to Cancel Stateroom  is back again.

image.png.bf163905648ef45224876bf9efe0116a.png

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I also canceled two cruises booked with a TA thru the TA.  They  were both NR.  The TA told me I would receive FCCs.  A couple of weeks later the complete deposits for both appeared on my credit card.  Fine with me.

I also was elated as I have so many FCC's already.   

I used all of them but then the cruises I used them on were just cancelled so I guess I get all of them back. 

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I also was elated as I have so many FCC's already.   

I used all of them but then the cruises I used them on were just cancelled so I guess I get all of them back. 

This must be an auditing nightmare for the accounts dept.  I'm now wondering if Future CC's aren't practical for them when right now they don't even know what the future will be re sailing schedules, ships operating or being sold?  Too many FCCs out there with reduced fares they have to honour.  A clean slate with $$s refunded, then increased fares when sailing starts up 'for real' again.  Call me cynical, but IMO, would they refund without a request if they didn't have a plan which works for the company?