50% off deluxe drink package

Just curious how many received the email this morning. Seems like it sold out within a hour on the offered sailings. I was lucky and got it for $44 dollars a day for a seven day in June 2021 on Symphony. 

That's a good deal if you can use it well.

So, how many alcoholic drinks would you and your partner together consume in 7 days?

For $616

5 minutes ago, drsel said:

So, how many alcoholic drinks would you and your partner together consume in 7 days?

For $616

That’s a great deal....

It’s not just for alcoholic drinks. I would still save money at full price vs. paying by drink. We cruise a couple times a year and I always get the package to save money

17 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Just curious how many received the email this morning. Seems like it sold out within a hour on the offered sailings. I was lucky and got it for $44 dollars a day for a seven day in June 2021 on Symphony. 

Royal was the lucky one. They just got a little more money in their pocket.......much needed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, drsel said:
2 hours ago, pasodancer said:
Dang, didn't get it for our rebooked cruise.....they would have made a lot of money as I'm paying for 5 drink packages.  Guess I'll keep on waiting!

Maybe you should phone and ask for it

Now why didn't I think of that - which is why I love this forum!!  TYVM!!!

9 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

That’s a great deal....

It’s not just for alcoholic drinks. I would still save money at full price vs. paying by drink. We cruise a couple times a year and I always get the package to save money

Good deal plus nobody knows if they are going to raise the individual drink prices on board. We would spend $30 each just for wine before and during dinner. Doesn't take long to get to $44 the rest of the day.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Good deal plus nobody knows if they are going to raise the individual drink prices on board. We would spend $30 each just for wine before and during dinner. Doesn't take long to get to $44 the rest of the day.

Yup I agree with hitting the $44 mark pretty quickly.  Two coffees in the morning, a couple of bottles of water and two drinks by the pool in the early afternoon and I'm there already.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I got it for one.  Our Jan Navigator - 50% off, so got it for $44 so super happy about that.  Only one I have that had that discount

21 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Isn't that before tips?

I don’t get why so many people overthink this. You have to pay tips regardless if you buy the package or by the drink. Most mixed drinks and wine are $10, beer $4-6, coffee and fresh juice $5-7, water and soda $3-5. 

On a normal day we have fresh juice and a couple Bloody Mary’s at breakfast, 2-3  drinks at the pool or throughout the ship during the day, before dinner drinks, couple glasses of wine at dinner, and maybe a dessert drink or a drink during a show. Plus several bottles of water/poweraid, and soda each throughout the day.  

All that adds up way more than a package even at full price of $80 a day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2020 at 7:22 AM, drsel said:

For $616

As a person who drinks almost exclusively water and pre-Covid 1 alcoholic drink a week (now none as we don't go out for Happy Hour i.e. cheap appetizer dinner on Sunday) I always wonder how much folk are drinking, alcoholic or non-alcoholic to think even $44 a day per person is a great deal. 🙂

Edited by twins_to_alaska

We don't have Symphony or Navigator booked at the moment...but wondering what would happen if you had the package booked for a good price, you cancel and try rebooking at the great price, but then it's sold out (since limited number they are selling).  Would Royal give you back your original price?  Or you're out of luck?

Edited by LuCruise