Booked for November and ready to go

ALWAYS CRUZIN

Carnival cruises start in 3 weeks with 6 ships sailing in November. Breeze , Conquest, Elation, Horizon, Liberty and the Sunrise. Who is booked for one of those November cruise? Are you ready to go or a bit uncertain about going? Have you received any notification from Carnival about boarding or testing before boarding, wearing of masks etc.?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

We are booked on the Breeze on Nov 21st, no emails from Carnival, other than the one we received giving us

the option of canceling, getting a FCC, or going on the cruise.

We are on this one too, no communications from Carnival other than the option to cancel if we want..

• Like 1

So maybe I am misunderstanding something but I looked on Carnivals website and doesnt it show that all cruises are cancelled thru Dec 31?  I just pulled up their attachment on the home screen.  I dont think I am reading it wrong, but I might? 

13 minutes ago, Jessylynn said:

So maybe I am misunderstanding something but I looked on Carnivals website and doesnt it show that all cruises are cancelled thru Dec 31?  I just pulled up their attachment on the home screen.  I dont think I am reading it wrong, but I might? 

All cruises except for Miami and Port Canaveral which are still a go.. for now anyway.

• Like 1

I am still booked on November 14, Carnival Horizon out of Miami. I did receive The cancel if you would like letter. And I am still on the fence. No there has been no further communication from Carnival regarding the new protocols that will be put into place. I’m really waiting for those to come out to make my decision but with three weeks left I’m waffling. 
Also somebody pointed out yesterday if they actually do cruise in November this will almost be like having a ship come out to dry dock or a brand new ship. The first few sailings will be working out the kinks of the new protocols. do I really want to be the guinea pig? 
I still haven’t made airfare because I keep thinking it’s not gonna happen and I’m tired of giving my money to big corporations to keep. Plus one of the rumors is shorten  the number of cruise days. Currently the cruise is set for 8 days. if they change it to five days then I have to change air and I’m overwhelmed with this decision. 
I figure I’m gonna have to make a decision soon if Carnival doesn’t make it foe me. 

1 hour ago, Jessylynn said:

Officially, Carnival has cancelled all North American cruises through Dec 31 except those from Port Canaveral and Miami.

To quote:

"Sailings between November 1 and December 31, 2020 from Miami and Port Canaveral have not been canceled. "

Keep in mind that once a cruise gets fully booked, it gets removed from the website booking engine.

As of right now, there are sailings to select in Dec from those two ports - I just checked as I type this.  There are none to select in November.

Those remaining (mostly November) itineraries from PC and Miami that are not appearing for a number of possible reasons.  Here are three possibilities:

1. The Nov dates are offline so that Carnival can accommodate as best as possible anyone who was booked on the other cancelled cruises something similar on same/similar date.  They will open up once the demand lessens.

2. They are already fully booked at whatever hypothetical capacity that Carnival has set, and will not re-open for booking.

3. Carnival has fully pulled all remaining open cabin bookings in Nov until they figure out whether they will sailing at all.

Which is it?  No-one here knows.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
add quote
  • Like 1

I don't buy brand new versions of cars, appliances, phones, computers, software, and yes even vaccines when first available.  I'll wait a bit to see what, if any issues come up and if so, how they get resolved.  I'd rather wait for a product to get tested in normal, public use if it's the first of it's kind.

So taking my preference to a new type of cruising, I wouldn't want to be on a ship while the crew is just learning new protocols and the public is adapting to the new sailing environment.  Since it's my family's health that could get adversely affected, I'll wait a bit to see how the initial sailings work out.  I have a cruise booked in March, but if cruising resumes March 1, I might cancel.  If cruising resumes Dec or Jan 1 and goes smoothly then I'll be happy to sail away.

Good luck to all cruisers taking the earliest resumptions, I hope you have an incredible safe fun experience!!

• Like 2

Booked on the Liberty for November 6. Don't go on excursions anymore, but booked one this time to get off of the ship. Got a suite for the price of an interior. So, will be a guinea pig. Got a first class flight for the price of regular roundtrip. Need a small vacation. 

59 minutes ago, mandmcruise said:

On the Breeze November 15th, hoping an praying this ship goes.  I am not afraid to go, it has to be safer than going to my  local Wal-Mart, where you see and are exposed  to God knows what!!!!

I agree. The ships now have excellent ventilation and outside air returning to the ship instead of recirculated like Walmart. I see employees at Walmart always cleaning every self check out right after customers are finished. Same with the regular check out. Also they clean every cart handle as the return them to the store. What they cannot keep up with are the shoppers touching all the items on the shelf and putting them back on the shelf. It may not be necessaire. But when we return home. We disinfect every item we purchased. needless to say wash our hands. I would think on a ship, those problems may not be a problem at all. Wonder about seating in the dining rooms. Even if they keep everyone separated. I would think they will not just have two or three at a table. Everyone touching all the condiments also. I hope they have the buffet up and running. Put the food on my plate for me and distance seating is easy. The should immediately disinfect the tables and chairs along with the salt and pepper etc. as soon as someone is finished. That is what they do in the local buffet. Constant cleaning and separation of diners.

Despite the crew needing to “learn/practice” the new protocols, I would suggest the first cruises out are going to be the cleanest. Not that I will not be cruising in 2021 and forward, I have no reservations with cruising first out in November. But will it be November, still wait and see for sure. 

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I agree. The ships now have excellent ventilation and outside air returning to the ship instead of recirculated like Walmart. I see employees at Walmart always cleaning every self check out right after customers are finished. Same with the regular check out. Also they clean every cart handle as the return them to the store. What they cannot keep up with are the shoppers touching all the items on the shelf and putting them back on the shelf. It may not be necessaire. But when we return home. We disinfect every item we purchased. needless to say wash our hands. I would think on a ship, those problems may not be a problem at all. Wonder about seating in the dining rooms. Even if they keep everyone separated. I would think they will not just have two or three at a table. Everyone touching all the condiments also. I hope they have the buffet up and running. Put the food on my plate for me and distance seating is easy. The should immediately disinfect the tables and chairs along with the salt and pepper etc. as soon as someone is finished. That is what they do in the local buffet. Constant cleaning and separation of diners.

There will NOT BE shared condiments on the table or anywhere else . Currently no restaurants I go to have condiments on the tables. It would be in single use packets, or in single use cups, etc. 

• Like 1

3 weeks out- this is the closest we've ever gotten without them cancelling, isn't it? 

I've given up on rebooking for now. My last cruise was supposed to sail Oct 3rd and I actually forgot I even had it booked until I saw someone mention it on FB. Cruising seems like such a distant memory. But I keep crossing my fingers that a cruise- ANY cruise- will soon sail so I can live vicariously through the rest of you. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

There will NOT BE shared condiments on the table or anywhere else . Currently no restaurants I go to have condiments on the tables. It would be in single use packets, or in single use cups, etc. 

I have only been to one restaurant that had single use packets. All the rest were just like they have been, but get wiped down after the people leave the table. At a buffet. You need to ask for them. In regular containers. Including the Ketchup, Mustard and the Hot Sauce.

I texted with a couple of my bartender friends from Carnival today. They both said they have not been contacted by Carnival about returning and neither of them knows anyone who has been contacted about returning. I would think Carnival would have already started the process of contacting crew members if they planned to resume cruising next month. 

• Like 1