I wonder how long they really can last?

mek

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Speak for yourself. Travel is not a luxury for me. It's the most important way I learn about the world I live in and it's the #1 way I am able to keep up with the languages I've studied. It may be just a luxury for you, but not for me.

Thanks.

Maybe not for you and I but for the general public, it is. You can’t ignore that fact. 

48 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

The issuance of common stock and convertible notes announced today should afford another 4-6 months of capital at the reduced burn rates.  Of course it further dilutes our shareholder value.

The market doesn't seem to like the latest move.

44 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Maybe not for you and I but for the general public, it is. You can’t ignore that fact. 

I was speaking for myself, which is why I said "travel may be a luxury for you, but not for me." I'm not sure how I could be more obvious about that.

I do not agree that travel and tourism are unimportant, and you have so far failed to establish that as a "fact," as you call it.

I am open-minded, if you have reliable evidence to prove your opinion, I'm happy to see it. But let's be honest: this isn't about who's right and who's wrong, you don't think cruising is important and I do. Cool. Nothing says we have to agree. Live and let live.

7 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I was speaking for myself, which is why I said "travel may be a luxury for you, but not for me." I'm not sure how I could be more obvious about that.

I do not agree that travel and tourism are unimportant, and you have so far failed to establish that as a "fact," as you call it.

I am open-minded, if you have reliable evidence to prove your opinion, I'm happy to see it. But let's be honest: this isn't about who's right and who's wrong, you don't think cruising is important and I do. Cool. Nothing says we have to agree. Live and let live.

And I was speaking for the general consumer that is trying to be targeted by the cruise operator. When did I suggest cruising, travel and tourism weren’t important? If I remember correctly, I said they were but not as important as you think they are because traveling is considered a luxury, especially within the cruising sector.

Comprehension, much?

Edited by xDisconnections

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Can't really hit the like button but I agree. I'm watching Royal at  -7.62 now.

"Royal Caribbean Group said it could reassess the employment of its U.S. shoreside workforce, including those coming back from furlough, and idle more ships as it seeks to cut costs in the event of a prolonged sailing hiatus."

This sure doesn't sound positive for the future.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

And I was speaking for the general consumer that is trying to be targeted by the cruise operator. When did I suggest cruising, travel and tourism weren’t important? If I remember correctly, I said they were but not as important as you think they are because traveling is considered a luxury, especially within the cruising sector.

Comprehension, much?

I decided a few months back to start a little online screenshot file of people who said that the cruising industry was expendable and that the crew members who depend on their income to support their families in sometimes poor countries were not essential. I'll make sure on my next cruise to show them your post and tell them "this person says you're not worth saving."

My comprehension is fine, is yours?

7 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I decided a few months back to start a little online screenshot file of people who said that the cruising industry was expendable and that the crew members who depend on their income to support their families in sometimes poor countries were not essential. I'll make sure on my next cruise to show them your post and tell them "this person says you're not worth saving."

My comprehension is fine, is yours?

“Worth saving” by our government? Absolutely not.

“Worth saving” from the governments where these cruise lines are incorporated in? Absolutely.

Layoffs are necessary. The needs of the business come first. The crew member should understand that it’s only a business decision.

Edited by xDisconnections

Just now, xDisconnections said:

Worth saving from our government? Absolutely not.

Worth saving from the governments where these cruise lines are incorporated in? Absolutely.

Layoffs are necessary. The needs of the business come first. The crew member should understand that it’s only a business decision.

Never mentioned saving from the government, I'm not talking about a bailout, just allowing the industry to resume sailing worldwide, not just Europe and Asia as is currently the case. [although I will say that at some point, an industry that is ailing because of a government mandate that is outside of their control DOES deserve financial assistance, since they didn't cause the problem in the first place]. At a minimum, it ought to be allowed to resume operations so it can stem the financial losses. But this is solely my opinion worth absolutely nothing to anyone but me. Anyone is free to ignore my opinion entirely. My opinion isn't going to change anything. The Trump admin or the CDC aren't changing the rules because people argue on Cruise Critic.

Thanks for the discussion, I am at work so have to go. Bye for now.