How many future cruises?

wrtmlt

We have NO cruises booked, and don't intend to gamble on bookings until there's either a reliable treatment, vaccine, or somehow the world has adjusted to this threat in a way that means we can do a cruise safely and still have fun.

I’m waiting :

a) for a vaccine, as I was Shielding, so certainly wouldn’t take any unnecessary risks,

b) until the ships start sailing and will assess the restrictions.

Edited by upwarduk

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That was fun to see you both in Wellington as you were getting on as I was getting off. We nearly missed each other, but it worked. Little did we know what a mess it would become and our cruises were one of the last that Journey would do. Hopefully will see you again on a ship. Journey holds a soft spot for me. It might be all change when this thing works through. 

Phil 

Looks like Quest is Johannes' new ship and a few switches. 

https://www.azamara.co.uk/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

Phil 

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That was fun to see you both in Wellington as you were getting on as I was getting off. We nearly missed each other, but it worked. Little did we know what a mess it would become and our cruises were one of the last that Journey would do. Hopefully will see you again on a ship. Journey holds a soft spot for me. It might be all change when this thing works through. 

Phil 

Same. It was Auckland btw 😁😁

The cruise was fantastic as we ended up with 11 NZ ports. Diverted due to cyclone in Tasman Sea. We will be looking for new cruises when we know it is safe. Hopefully already in june

11 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Same. It was Auckland btw 😁😁

The cruise was fantastic as we ended up with 11 NZ ports. Diverted due to cyclone in Tasman Sea. We will be looking for new cruises when we know it is safe. Hopefully already in june

Of course it was, Odd.  Silly me. Coz that's where I flew home from!  Yes, as soon as it's safe and there isn't a raft of medical procedures in place when it does restart. If it's onerous then the joy of why I cruise on Azamara will be lost. 

Phil 

23 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Hi Phil,

Lovely seeing you in Jan/Feb on Journey New Zealand. Not sure if we will ever cruise again, but as you say if a vaccine is successful and tried and truly tested who knows. Hopefully we are still around then to travel again on Azamara. May yet see you again on an Azamara Cruise.

Barb and Graham 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BABS 47 said:

Hi Phil,

Lovely seeing you in Jan/Feb on Journey New Zealand. Not sure if we will ever cruise again, but as you say if a vaccine is successful and tried and truly tested who knows. Hopefully we are still around then to travel again on Azamara. May yet see you again on an Azamara Cruise.

Barb and Graham 

Barb, I hope we do. It's always a pleasure to cruise with you and Graham!

Phil 

Our next cruise is 10/2021, Greece and Turkey, which I’d booked last December. This April, cancelled a cruise that was scheduled to depart from Venice yesterday, and fortunately the OBC and FCC were transferred to our 2021 booking, with no $ lost. 

I’m 50/50 that next year’s trip will happen and would Lift & Shift to 2022, but there is no itinerary at all similar to the one we’ve booked with five days in Turkey. We had a previous cruise to Turkey schedule several years ago, but it was cancelled do to the political situation, so definitely hoping this one goes. 

Like others, I can live with more sanitation and masks, but not so sure about the cruise excursions only. Definitely would not work for an itinerary with many repeat ports, but other than Santorini, all our 2021 stops are new to us, so will wait and see. 🤞🤞🤞

2 hours ago, cpgrneyes said:

Our next cruise is 10/2021, Greece and Turkey, which I’d booked last December. This April, cancelled a cruise that was scheduled to depart from Venice yesterday, and fortunately the OBC and FCC were transferred to our 2021 booking, with no $ lost. 

I’m 50/50 that next year’s trip will happen and would Lift & Shift to 2022, but there is no itinerary at all similar to the one we’ve booked with five days in Turkey. We had a previous cruise to Turkey schedule several years ago, but it was cancelled do to the political situation, so definitely hoping this one goes. 

Like others, I can live with more sanitation and masks, but not so sure about the cruise excursions only. Definitely would not work for an itinerary with many repeat ports, but other than Santorini, all our 2021 stops are new to us, so will wait and see. 🤞🤞🤞

I had the same issue.   I tried to do a lift and shift online and it gave me two other options, which was not the same as my cruise.  They were ok options.   I did not follow through with the lift and shift as I would like to keep the existing cruise.   If you have not tried it, it may be worth doing it so see if they come back with an option that you may be ok with. 

We have three (3) cruises booked all in 2021.......

1) Azamara Quest, Black Sea; May 01-15. 

2) Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam, Alaska Cruise tour; Jun 20 - Jul 3. 

3) America Queen Steamship Company's American Duchess, Aug 01- 16, The Mighty Mississippi, Minneapolis to New Orleans.

Hoping for the very best - we had 3 cruises cancel in 2020.

- 2 Celebrity cruises canceled 2020

- 1 Azamara cruise canceled 2020

-  2 Celebrity cruise canceled 2021

- 1 Azamara cruise canceled 2021

-  L&S 3 Celebrity cruises

- L&S 2 Azamara cruises

- 2 Azamara Quest scheduled 10/21

-1 Azamara Pursuit scheduled 11/22

-3 Celebrity Apex scheduled 1&2/22

-2 Celebrity Solstice scheduled 4/22

-1 Celebrity Flora scheduled 8/22

- 1 Viking Venus scheduled 1/23

- 1 Viking Jupiter scheduled 7/23

Hopefully all will be a go.  As we recently retired and wanted to do some nice cruises combined with land travel.

Art

• Like 1

We booked 3 Azamara cruises on our last Azamara cruise in South America in February 2020:

the Black Sea June 26, 2021

Spain Intensive September 2021 and

Japan intensive April 2022

Like everyone else we are going through Cruise withdrawal and pray we will be able to take all of these cruises. I hope to meet some of you in the future on Azamara in these beautiful parts of the world. Take care and stay healthy. 

• Like 1

I have three more cruises booked. One for 2021 and two for 2022. They are not with Azamara. My last cruise before the Pandemie was on board Azamara Pursuit and although I had every intention to book a further cruise there or at least a next cruise certificate, the communication I had with the Club representative was not the best. So I decided against booking on board. 
Once I realize that cruises will be able to sail again without being demonized at the smallest suspicious of COVID-19 on board, I will look again for cruises with Azamara.

Ivi

• Like 1