Back to Back Cruising

reef112

Never done any back to back cruising before - Just wondering how that works with P&O?
Is there are discount offered for staying on in the same cabin? On changeover days  do you have to get off with other guests, or can you stay on board?

I'd be interested in trying it in the future!
Thanks
Dan

40 minutes ago, reef112 said:

Never done any back to back cruising before - Just wondering how that works with P&O?
Is there are discount offered for staying on in the same cabin? On changeover days  do you have to get off with other guests, or can you stay on board?

I'd be interested in trying it in the future!
Thanks
Dan

P&O normally offer 10% discount off both cruises. Apparently you can stay on it, but you will need to get a new card for the next cruise before you can go ashore if you want to.

• Thanks 1

P and O offer 10% off both cruises as long as you book Select Fare.I think both cruises have to be over 5 days and under 30 or 35(can't remember which)If you have to move cabins the cabin stewards will help you.You can get off the ship for the day and have to collect a new cruise card from reception.You are not allowed to carry over any unused OBC from the first cruise to the 2nd. We did a B2B in the Caribbean and stayed in the same cabin. Went seamlessly and I felt a good discount on both cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did have 3 cruises booked on Iona B2B, since cancelled by PandO.  The first two were select fare and got the 10% B2B discoiunt on both.  The third was Early Saver, so didn't get the discount.  If we had of booked Select, it would have qualified for the discount.  But it was the Christmas & New Year cruise and the difference between the two prices, even taking the OBC into account wasn't worth it for us.  Nonetheless, the lady taking the booking recorded it as a B2B which make life a bit easier getting your new cruise card whilst on board.  Also, we didn't book any of the cruises at the same time, but still got the discount.

Had previously done a couple of B2B, but had to change cabins.  Not a problem though, the cabin stewards move all your stuff for you.  You don't even have to pack it away, all your hangers are simply put on a rail, and your drawers are swapped with the empty ones in the new cabin.

• Like 1

We have done a number of b2b cruises on another cruise line and change over much the same.  Just had to arrange time for move if you need to.  They tend to do your new cabin quickly, so you can move before going ashore.  I suspect that will also be the case with p&o as your cabin will need to be prepared for the next guests.

The one thing that is really good imo is sitting in the sun on deck on the morning of change over day and being asked when we leave the ship.

lt is a great feeling as you reply with the info you are leaving in two weeks time 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 6:25 PM, terrierjohn said:

P&O normally offer 10% discount off both cruises. Apparently you can stay on it, but you will need to get a new card for the next cruise before you can go ashore if you want to.

Can you get this discount if cruises booked separately?  

1 hour ago, 230462 said:

Can you get this discount if cruises booked separately?  

We did.  We did have to chase them for the amended booking confirmation for the cruise which we had booked first, but it was done promptly after I emailed them. Unfortunately, Covid then happened and the rest is history.

We’re doing a B2B for our wedding next year on fly cruise with Azura in the Med. 14 week itinerary then added a 7 week so we’re having to move cabins which isn’t a problem. But we didn’t get the 10% discount, we were told by our TA that it’s not valid of Med fly cruises? But reading above suggests otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, joeecco said:

We’re doing a B2B for our wedding next year on fly cruise with Azura in the Med. 14 week itinerary then added a 7 week so we’re having to move cabins which isn’t a problem. But we didn’t get the 10% discount, we were told by our TA that it’s not valid of Med fly cruises? But reading above suggests otherwise. 

I seem to think your TA is correct that the discount is not valid on Med fly cruises.We did a back to back once on Britannia once and had the discount applied but there are certain conditions in that you have to book Select Fare, each cruise has to be over 5 nights and under 35? nights(can;t quite remember the exact wording)and that it can't be used on the Med Fly cruises

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

I seem to think your TA is correct that the discount is not valid on Med fly cruises.We did a back to back once on Britannia once and had the discount applied but there are certain conditions in that you have to book Select Fare, each cruise has to be over 5 nights and under 35? nights(can;t quite remember the exact wording)and that it can't be used on the Med Fly cruises

I see, thought it was worth me checking haha! We’ll have to do a B2B out of Southampton next time then 😆 

We have only done one back-to-back and it was a 2 nighter followed by a 7 nighter, so we didn’t qualify for the discount. We had the same cabin for both cruises. No need to leave the ship between the two cruises. You just pop to reception and they give you a new cruise card for the second cruise. It was lovely during the morning between the two cruises. A nice leisurely breakfast and then we took up residence in the Crows Nest whilst all the agro of disembarkation was going on below. Amusing watching all the ships tours going around and then we had a nice leisurely lunch in the Glasshouse whilst embarkation was happening. It’s a shame that DaiB doesn’t post much now as he is the King of B2B’s (he does them all the time) and gave us some good tips. 

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 3

Just booked a b2b cruise on Iona April 2022. First cruise was already booked 7 nights and Second cruise 7 nights was new booking. Received 10% off  on first and second cruise also got 10% discount. A fcc deposit was taken as new deposit so no new cash involved.

• Like 2

Got a B2B booked pre-covid on Aurora, 35 nights departing 1st May 2021.

Same balcony cabin, discounts given as others have stated.

Cannot see it happening at this time, will not book any thing further ahead, until we see how P&O deal with this. 

Would have booked another cruise maybe the same length of time October/November 2021.

Then looked at one of the world cruises 2022 or 2023.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, joeecco said:

I see, thought it was worth me checking haha! We’ll have to do a B2B out of Southampton next time then 😆 

This was direct from P&O for a fly cruise to the med on Azura for next year , and I got the 10% discount on both cruises, despite the TA saying I couldn’t, I then forwarded P&Os reply to them and it was then sorted

AFB68D13-7D81-4059-BCFD-DB10A1980ACD.png

17 minutes ago, skyger said:

This was direct from P&O for a fly cruise to the med on Azura for next year , and I got the 10% discount on both cruises, despite the TA saying I couldn’t, I then forwarded P&Os reply to them and it was then sorted

Thank you so much for sharing this! 

im gonna get on it now! 

21 minutes ago, skyger said:

Thats excellent! I think they must have changed policy(for the better) I could never understand why they would give the discount on most cruises except the fly cruises

On 11/13/2020 at 11:38 AM, skyger said:

Just to let you know my TA has spoken with P&O who said yes I should have the 10% discount for the 14 night cruise but that I can’t have 10% discount for 7 night cruise following that one as the saving isn’t applicable to 7 night fly meds? 

have you booked the above cruises and do you get 10% off both of the cruises separately? Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Given the news about CDC potentially refusing to allow B2Bs in the US, do you think the UK will follow suit? If so how will this work with Azuras rolling cruises with a choice of 7 or 14 nights?

We are praying that this doesn’t come into effect as our wedding cruise is 14 plus 7 B2B.