Transfer FCC for those over 70?

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Someone on another social media page posted that FCC issued to a passenger over 70 can be transferred to someone else.   

Is this correct? If so, what are the specifics?

@Ourusualbeach has mentioned this a few times, but I don't recall RCI formally acknowledging it or if it's still valid. I think you have to call and they add a note to the FCC adding another name who can apply it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I'll give 60 cents on the dollar if anyone over 70 wants to sell.....

Most gift cards get offers in the 80% range of face value  - at that level you might get some offers, especially from someone who got a 125% FCC.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Most gift cards get offers in the 80% range of face value  - at that level you might get some offers, especially from someone who got a 125% FCC.

Someone who received a 125% FCC would have the option to convert that to a 100% refund as long as they did it prior to Dec 31 2020 except for cruises in the first 2 phases of cancellations who have up until Dec 31, 2021 to convert to a refund. 

not to say that some may let the deadline pass but I think most in that situation would convert to a cash refund by their respective deadline. 

On 10/27/2020 at 7:53 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

I'll give 60 cents on the dollar if anyone over 70 wants to sell.....

I turned 70 in July and I fully expect to be able to sail next November w/o any age restrictions.

The bigger question is , "will cruising still offer a product that I'm interested in?"

Edited by mek

17 minutes ago, mek said:

I turned 70 in July and I fully expect to be able to sail next November w/o any age restrictions.

The bigger question is , "will cruising still offer a product that I'm interested in?"

The only age restriction being mentioned is that only those over 70 are able to transfer their FCC's. Not sure how they can get away with that age descrimination but we shall see if it will stand.