Ship movements thread

FreestyleNovice

• 2 weeks later...

According to Senior Officers on The Jewel, they leave France for Panama tomorrow (12 March) arriving in Panama on the 28 or 29th.  The Jewel is supposed to sail from Panama City, Panama on the 29th and sailing to San Diego, CA.

• Thanks 1

Jewel expected to arrive in Gibraltar 15 March.

POA enroute to Honolulu, ETA 18 March.

Star, after spending the winter in the Bahamas, in & out of Miami, etc, left Freeport two days ago and is enroute to Gibraltar, ETA 27 May.

Jade went to Marseille from Genoa last week and is still there.

As Rob_H said, Spirit is now near Singapore.

Sun still hanging around off the Panama Canal on the Pacific side.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

Right now, according to marinetraffic, Spirit is in Singapore anchorage, with a bunkering tanker on starboard side and an oil products tanker on port side.

It's a long way to Papeete Tahiti, and her first cruise is on 7 May. Wonder if she will stop at someplace(s) on the way.

Excited for Spirit as she is our new fave ship!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Is Joy going to sail today? 

Should be … we board her today!

Wrong thread as this thread is dedicated to the ships that aren’t back to post Covid sailing/service. Joy has been in service for a while already. 

Cheers. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Should be … we board her today!

Wrong thread as this thread is dedicated to the ships that aren’t back to post Covid sailing/service. Joy has been in service for a while already. 

Cheers. 

I know as I was on the Joy in Nov n Dec 2021. We know Staff people onboard. 

Please don't send me to the Naughty Room for asking this on the wrong thread. 

Don't ever make a mistake. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I know as I was on the Joy in Nov n Dec 2021. We know Staff people onboard. 

Please don't send me to the Naughty Room for asking this on the wrong thread. 

Don't ever make a mistake. LOL

lol, there is a thread or 2 already out there on Joy … and they have gotten quiet, meaning the Joy is a go …. However, we’re at the terminal and there is a huge snaking queue - apparently people from the cancelled  3/19 Escape cruise are on this ship!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

lol, there is a thread or 2 already out there on Joy … and they have gotten quiet, meaning the Joy is a go …. However, we’re at the terminal and there is a huge snaking queue - apparently people from the cancelled  3/19 Escape cruise are on this ship!

Hope it goes. One of our Best cruises in over 100. Please let me know who General Manager is. 

TIA

STAY SAFE AND HAPPY CRUISING! 

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm back from a fabulous Joy cruise to the Western Caribbean, it's time to move this from page 11 to front with new titbits!

Jewel arrived to Colon Panama as scheduled and is now cruising the Panama Canal itself with passengers.

Jade arrived to Civitavecchia this morning and picked up passengers. She has already set sail on a 9 day cruise to Athens.

Star arrived in Barcelona a couple or so days ago and is due to set sail on Sunday April 3rd with passengers to Venice (Trieste).

This leaves Pride of America (which has already arrived to Honolulu), Sun, Spirit .... and .... Escape. The latter was grounded a couple of weeks ago in DR and is now sitting in Port Canaveral being repaired. Her few sailings were cancelled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ednjude@gmail.com said:

Love your new way of spelling "tidbits". Stinking autocorrect is my great enema.

There is nothing new about it. It is tidbit in the US and Canada (and probably elsewhere), but Titbit in most other places.

Titbit is the earlier form of the word (probably).

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

Just now, KeithJenner said:

There is nothing new about it. It is tidbit in the US and Canada (and probably elsewhere), but Titbit in most other places.

Titbit is the earlier form of the word.

That's amazing. New to me I guess. I'm going to start using it and see what happens. 

Thanks. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

A new titbit here … Spirit is on the move, heading to “OPL South China”, eta April 3.

Wonder if she will head to Manila to pick up crew (read: Aan, the Head Mixologist 😉).

The first cruise is supposed to be Tahiti-Hawaii on May 7. We're booked on the next two cruises after that (Honolulu-Papeete, and back) so following her progress with interest! 

The Jewel restarting recently in Panama is a good sign, there seems to be a push to get all the ships back in service as scheduled.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:27 PM, ednjude@gmail.com said:

Love your new way of spelling "tidbits". Stinking autocorrect is my great enema.

I got a new iPad recently and when I typed in titbit the autocorrect changed it to Fitbit, lol. 

3 hours ago, Rob_H said:

The first cruise is supposed to be Tahiti-Hawaii on May 7. We're booked on the next two cruises after that (Honolulu-Papeete, and back) so following her progress with interest! 

The Jewel restarting recently in Panama is a good sign, there seems to be a push to get all the ships back in service as scheduled.

I’m looking at a globe, not Google Maps, and can see that the distance between Cambodia and Tahiti is almost double the distance between Gibraltar and San Juan. 

So Spirit is in for a very long journey to Papeete …. let’s hope she has smooth seas all the way, if not most of the way. 

Bon Voyage Miss Spirit!!

The Spirit is on the move again.  Heading to "PJSB" which appears to be where she'll pick up the pilot to enter Singapore.

It's still (just) possible for her to get to Papeete by the first cruise on May 7.  It's 12000 km great circle distance (further for a real route), 500km travelled a day, 24 days.  We should know in the next few days if it'll happen.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rob_H said:

The Spirit is on the move again.  Heading to "PJSB" which appears to be where she'll pick up the pilot to enter Singapore.

It's still (just) possible for her to get to Papeete by the first cruise on May 7.  It's 12000 km great circle distance (further for a real route), 500km travelled a day, 24 days.  We should know in the next few days if it'll happen.

If I'm calculating correctly 500km per day would be less than 12 knots, so I think she could make it there much sooner if necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

If I'm calculating correctly 500km per day would be less than 12 knots, so I think she could make it there much sooner if necessary.

You're right, I halved the result somehow. 1000 I'm per day is just about achievable at full speed. Plenty of time, good job I'm not navigating. 😃

• Like 1