Ship movements thread

FreestyleNovice

4 hours ago, Rob_H said:

The Star has left Gibraltar, next stop is Buenos Aires on Jan 13! 

Looks like the January 16 restart (14 days r/t Antarctica scenic cruising, from Buenos Aires) will actually happen.

We are booked on the January 16th restart, I finally started getting excited when the Star left Naples and then when she started the transatlantic crossing.

Happy New Year all!

Bringing this from the depths of page 5 up to top page with these titbits ....

• Spirit has arrived and docked in the northern part of Singapore (island) near its namesake Wind Spirit.
  • Star has passed the Cape Verde islands and will soon cross the Equator. Still 11 days to go.
  • Sky arrived in Gibraltar 0:55 am this morning and anchored for about 8 hours (being bunkered?) and is now sailing into beautiful sunset .... yeah west .... enroute to Brest France, ETA 5 Jan.

image.png.7f1d7f383eeeef55d9ced3c6207e282d.png

Stay well everyone for the new year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sparkygirlfamily said:

1635247445_ScreenShot2022-01-04at1_39_20PM.thumb.png.7b2d86b5966c90e602b39e1da0415cdb.pngAny idea why Star might suddenly be heading north rather than further south to Buenos Aires?

I think Brazil has stopped accepting cruise ships.   So could also be true of other south american countries.

Edited by davencl

41 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Ouchies … 

😳😟

Yes, we have already jumped through so many entry requirement hoops for this trip that it is even more difficult to contemplate the cruise being cancelled.  I literally have spent days making sure I had the requirements to travel with a minor with only one parent requiring apostilled documents, entry electronic systems, scheduling of COVID tests.  

10 minutes ago, sparkygirlfamily said:

Yes, we have already jumped through so many entry requirement hoops for this trip that it is even more difficult to contemplate the cruise being cancelled.  I literally have spent days making sure I had the requirements to travel with a minor with only one parent requiring apostilled documents, entry electronic systems, scheduling of COVID tests.  

I’m really so sorry about that, I feel for you and others.

Will you be able to rebook the same cruise in 2023 if this does end up being canned? I read on the main forum that Pearl’s current cruise is ending early and passengers will be refunded 100%. Those that used FCCs will get them back and will be able to book any cruise that sails up to May 2023.

37 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

I’m really so sorry about that, I feel for you and others.

Will you be able to rebook the same cruise in 2023 if this does end up being canned? I read on the main forum that Pearl’s current cruise is ending early and passengers will be refunded 100%. Those that used FCCs will get them back and will be able to book any cruise that sails up to May 2023.

Tomorrow's cruise on the Getaway was canceled earlier today as well.

5 hours ago, sparkygirlfamily said:

Yes, we have already jumped through so many entry requirement hoops for this trip that it is even more difficult to contemplate the cruise being cancelled. 

Unfortunately Cruisemapper is now showing the Star's next destination as Miami, Jan 13. 

We can assume the Star's restart season in Buenos Aires and Brazil has been cancelled. 😞

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rob_H said:

Unfortunately Cruisemapper is now showing the Star's next destination as Miami, Jan 13. 

We can assume the Star's restart season in Buenos Aires and Brazil has been cancelled. 😞

That is my assumption at this point.  Waiting for NCL to cancel so that we can book a different Antarctica Cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now 2 weeks later and bringing this back to first page with following new titbits:

• Star arrived in Freeport Bahamas a few days ago (didn't go to Miami after all) but is now anchored at Great Stirrup Cay
  • Sky still in dry dock in Brest France - with some of her lifeboats off ship on land:

image.png.d382e3d060a2f946ddb8c8038ff0a0fd.png

• Jewel left Bar Montenegro on Jan 13, popped into Augusta Sicily, and is now enroute to Marseille France .... mmm .... what for? (she was there already before Bar). What makes things more interesting is that her first cruise is March 20 Panama Canal and the embarkation port is Fuerte Amador (Panama City) that is on the Pacific side of the canal ... so let's speculate away on Jewel's route there ... 😎
  • as you know several NCL ships have been pulled out of service into hiatus in the Caribbean for a couple of weeks or so ... I'm thinking it is so that the infected crew can recover in own cabins so to stop the spread, and also the crew can receive boosters. These ships can return to service healthy hopefully.
  • 3 NCL ships currently in service are Encore, Epic and Bliss. The 4th one still in service is Gem but unknown if the Jan 19th cruise is still on.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

Or maybe going to rendezvous with the Star at GSC also?

15 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

maybe, will be interesting if the Gem stops for a while.

1 minute ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

Per Cruise Mapper- Gem due to dock at GSC at 1900 hours.... ??

marinetraffic.com also shows the Gem's next port as GSC, arriving today at 1900 hours.

image.thumb.png.31c81ccad5a3cffb18dad30f81c54583.png

Gem has arrived at GSC this afternoon - approaching the Star already there, looks like she's using thrusters/ azipods position herself & drop anchor.  Should be interesting to get live report from pax currently onboard on what's up next.  Sea conditions look fine - probably a good chance there will be crew transfers ... using the Star to offload crews for isolation & quarantine, or just crew rotations. 

NCL Gem - Star at GSC 16 Jan 2022 1318.jpg

• Like 1

The Star has come from Europe ... she was enroute to cruise in South America but turned half way across the Atlantic to go to the Bahamas ... so she had full healthy crew and no pax.

So it looks like some crew swapping - send over sick to Star and receive healthy from Star. Encore was there last night and now it's the Gem's turn.

Star left her anchorage at GSC about an hour ago (16:42 LT) as in Local Time, westbound per AIS data on MarineTraffic site, destination Miami, FL arriving 06:00 on Jan 18th

Gem seemed to be sailing on a NE heading in smoother sea conditions, no wavelets seen on shipcam, destination NYC arriving 0300 on Jan 19th as filed previously

Breakaway has no update on AIS at this moment - these ships being pulled for temporary suspension should have good provisioning loaded and/or en route to stay afloat for a while ... Reasonable to assume she, once ready, will head out into the Gulf at some point soon insteading of paying port fees. 

• Like 3