Come sail with me on a virtual cruise to Hawaii on Ruby Princess

ellie1145

Well, that tops your virtual cruise to Hawaii.  Glad he arrived healthy and safe.  Congratulations to both parents/grand parents.  Are you living close enough to run over and give the parents a much needed break?

Ellie broke the internet with this announcement.  I tried to edit this post and could not get back in.

e komo mai keiki (Welcome little one)

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2021 at 5:38 AM, ellie1145 said:

Sorry I’ve been AWOL for so long!

Daughter  gave birth to a healthy 8lb 1oz baby boy last night. (Not bad as she’s only 5ft 2 inches) Both doing well. Natural midwife led birth with no pain relief thank goodness. 

We are so relieved and ecstatic that he’s here, as the last 3 weeks have been very difficult for her and we thought there could be problems with his birth.

Thank you all for your patience. Xx

Hope you are all keeping safe and well. 

Awe congrats to your family! Glad all is well 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, lovely Cruising Adventurers! I would like to introduce the latest member of the Cruise Critic family (by proxy of course!).

Thank you, also for all your lovely comments and good wishes on the birth of our baby grandson.

DC5511B3-9A81-4AC4-8F96-9ED3D3F3763F.thumb.jpeg.787143ffdd3e17eea7411fd6244ccae8.jpeg

So here he is, our lovely new grandson, Thomas, and the reason that I have been absent so long, as I have been immersed in the miracle of a new baby. With all the horrors of the pandemic it is truly uplifting to see a new life beginning. 

I just hope that one day we will be able to take this young man on his first cruise. Pandemic and old age permitting! 🙂

Thank you all for your patience. I do hope that you haven’t got sunburnt, having been abandoned by me on the beach. But hopefully you had time to enjoy the water and relax, or take photos of the turtle. 

But I will try and get back on track asap. After all, we still have another island to visit!

Edited by ellie1145
  • Like 6

On 3/24/2021 at 9:48 AM, cnd crsr said:

Congratulations to the new Mum and Dad as well as you and your DH as grandparents to this new "big" boy! As one of your cruise friends, I am relieved to hear all went well with the birth. There is nothing more precious than a baby ... enjoy

Gail

Thank you so much, Gail. He is so very precious and such an unexpected miracle. We are so enjoying being with him. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have a baby asleep on my shoulder again.  

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 12:45 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Your Hawaiian words for today:

Honu = turtle

Aumakua = a Hawaiian personal and family god

There are many, many, many myths. legends, and gods in Hawaiian folklore.

My aumakua is the honu.  Strange as that may seem, I don't like the beach, sun, and can't swim.  

Other animals may be the shark (mano), owl (pue'o), pig (pua'a), gecko, etc.  

I am really ending reading all your information about the islands and its language. Thank you so much for sharing. 

Did you choose your aumakua? 🐢

On 3/20/2021 at 5:12 PM, azbirdmom said:

I thought I had some pictures with a rope barrier but none of these have it.  These are from our visit in 2007 and were taken near Poipu Beach (guessing it was Shipwreck Beach but not 100%).

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

What wonderful photos, azbirdmom. They are beautiful creatures, so sleek and with such lovely faces. 

How amazing to have seen them so close to. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 9:48 AM, cnd crsr said:

Congratulations to the new Mum and Dad as well as you and your DH as grandparents to this new "big" boy! As one of your cruise friends, I am relieved to hear all went well with the birth. There is nothing more precious than a baby ... enjoy

Gail

Thank you dear cruise friend. It is almost like having a virtual family! 

Mum and baby are doing really well, and dad has been amazing. DD is utterly besotted with Thomas and it is lovely to see the joy she gets from him - despite the broken nights and the tiredness.

As you say, there is nothing more precious than a baby. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, RLK33853 said:

Congratulations Ellie.  Always nice to have some good news in this day and age.

Thank you for your congratulations. We are thrilled and excited.

As you say, there is so much doom and gloom about that it is lovely to have some good news. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 3:48 PM, ringers0815 said:

Congratulations to the grandparents and the parents. Enjoy your new grandson!

Hélène

Thank you for your kind words, ringers0815. 

We are really enjoying being grandparents again. Such a joy! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellie1145 said:

I am really ending reading all your information about the islands and its language. Thank you so much for sharing. 

Did you choose your aumakua? 🐢

The animal chooses you.  I have a surfer friend who's aumakua is the shark.  He has a healthy respect for them, but they do look out for him.  Not me....I am an observer from land.  

Welcome back.  I speak for all....we've missed you...but understand that your attention has been drawn else way.  A'ole pilakia (no problem).  I haven't abandoned you and the ship is not going anywhere without you.  Welcome back to your other Ohana (family).

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2021 at 4:32 PM, CruzinNoony said:

That is such exciting news.  I'm so happy all went well and that mother and baby are both doing well.  Congrats to you, Grandma!!

Thank you, CruisinNoony! We are so grateful that things went well, and thrilled to see how much our daughter is enjoying being a mum. 

On 3/24/2021 at 5:20 PM, azbirdmom said:

Congratulations on your new grandson!  Glad all is well in your part of the world.  Some things are more important than cruising (although not many LOL).

Thank you, azbirdmom. 

We hope things continue to improve here in the UK, and in the USA. You have certainly done a splendid job with the roll out of the vaccine since January. 

I expect you are concerned about the Astra Zeneca vaccine as there has been so much publicity about it and the apparent (so far unproven) link with blood clots. We have both had the AZ vaccine and will receive our second jab quite soon. I just hope all this bad publicity won’t stop people going for their vaccines. It is a minuscule number of people affected, based on the millions of doses that have been administered, and people forget how many risks there are attached to other things, such as the Pill, for instance, which has a much higher rate of blood clots.  Not to mention the risk of dying in a car accident. We realise that the benefits outweigh the risks as Covid is such a killer.

Have you had an update on whether you actually received the real vaccine or the placebo? 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, ceilie1 said:

Congratulations to the parents and to you Ellie and your husband! So glad everyone is well.

Thank you so much ceilie 1. We just hope that things in the UK continue to improve. But this new baby has given us a real boost after all the lockdowns. 

On 3/24/2021 at 7:38 PM, TeaBag said:

Congratulations Ellie and your DH on the new addition to your family.  Glad all went well and that Mom and Dad can now relax and enjoy their baby boy.

Thank you, TeaBag. Yes, it went very well, and our daughter did a great job. She is really enjoying being a mummy, too, which makes all the problems with the pregnancy fade into insignificance. They seem to be coping with the broken nights well, so that is good. And we, of course, have all the pleasure and none of the pain! 😉

On 3/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, chipz said:

Wonderful news!!!  So glad baby, mom and grandparents are doing well!

Time to celebrate and book a cruise. 🚤

Thank you so much, chips. We are in seventh heaven and can’t really believe he is here at last.

As for booking a cruise, that seems a very good idea! Except we would have trouble dragging ourselves away from him. 🤣

On 3/24/2021 at 11:26 PM, Westaussie said:

Congratulations and best wishes to all

Thank you very much for your kind wishes, Westaussie.

We had a long chat with our Australian friends who we met on Majestic Princess, and it seems that things are very much back to normal in Australia. 

We just can’t wait for the opportunity to revisit this wonderful country and hope that we are not too decrepit by the time all the restrictions are lifted! 🤣