90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

10 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

The U.S will never recover in the eyes of the world from this.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard this over the past 50 years. I'd be a very rich man right now.

And yet, somehow it always does recover. Go figure.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You are the wealthiest and most powerful country in the world? Yet you have the highest death toll.

We are an extremely developed country with a lot of old people, and a lot of old unhealthy people. 

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Your death toll is 6x higher than ours. And our case numbers are dropping. Yours are going up. It is very bad but at least we have made an effort on leadership, lockdowns not had a guy in number 10 saying stick bleach into your lungs while I consult a witch doctor. If Obama was leader things would have been a lot different.

Maybe?  Maybe not tho?  Currently, UK has more deaths per million than USA at the moment.  

Why do you think Africa is handling Covid19 so well?  

15 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

We are an extremely developed country with a lot of old people, and a lot of old unhealthy people. 

Maybe?  Maybe not tho?  Currently, UK has more deaths per million than USA at the moment.  

Why do you think Africa is handling Covid19 so well?  

You do have at least 5x or population but I am sure you will overtake us. Our case and death tolls are dropping yours are increasing every day. I have no idea why Africa is handling it so well. I believe the death toll in America in particular because of the legal things they do over there. They will want proper causes of death I am sure. The insurance companies will want everything all done properly I am sure. Here I am not so sure about our death toll. The criteria is death within 28 days of a positive test for ANY REASON. Do we take the phrase any reason literally?

Why don't we show our gratitude to the scientists and pharmaceutical companies for their fantastic work in creating these vaccines which give us all hope of defeating covid19  and our longed for passion of a return to normal life and in particular a return to our favourite pastime of Cruising.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Why don't we show our gratitude to the scientists and pharmaceutical companies for their fantastic work in creating these vaccines which give us all hope of defeating covid19  and our longed for passion of a return to normal life and in particular a return to our favourite pastime of Cruising.

Graham.

Quite miraculous that they have delivered vaccines so quickly (under a year).  Cannot wait for my mom & dad to get the vaccine this winter (hopefully)  I'm a bit far down the totem pole for the vax but will gladly accept it once I am able.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

The U.S will never recover in the eyes of the world from this. Just be glad the media have yet to suggest or is not brave enough to suggest that racism is behind the decision not to wear masks. Given the massively high death toll among African Americans and Latino's.

Huh?  Racism?  BTW,  my husband is hispanic.  Are you going to completely ignore the fact that the rate of deaths per million is not the highest and is lower than the UK?  You do not know what you are talking about.  The decision for some to not wear masks is their idea that they are free to do what they want.  How is it racist to not wear a mask?  Explain that to me, please.  

15 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Quite miraculous that they have delivered vaccines so quickly (under a year).  Cannot wait for my mom & dad to get the vaccine this winter (hopefully)  I'm a bit far down the totem pole for the vax but will gladly accept it once I am able.  

👍Best wishes to your mam and dad and hopefully they get their vaccines ASAP.

Graham.

7 minutes ago, BND said:

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

In the UK the government is considering not vaccinating under 50's, with no underlying health problems. Do you know if the US is considering something similar?

Just now, Bloodgem said:

In the UK the government is considering not vaccinating under 50's, with no underlying health problems. Do you know if the US is considering something similar?

Nope.  The plan is that once they get through the healthcare workers, elderly and front line workers and then onto over 65 and with co-morbidities, they will offer to anyone over 12 who wants it.  

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

We are from England and love the US and the US people.

My DIL's mother is from Liverpool and loves this country.  She's a US citizen now but also kept her UK citizenship.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Huh?  Racism?  BTW,  my husband is hispanic.  Are you going to completely ignore the fact that the rate of deaths per million is not the highest and is lower than the UK?  You do not know what you are talking about.  The decision for some to not wear masks is their idea that they are free to do what they want.  How is it racist to not wear a mask?  Explain that to me, please.  

You can't talk your way out of this with death rates. Besides you have lost more % of your population than we have. When it gets to 330k deaths you have lost 0.1 percent of your population. When we get to 670k deaths we have 0.1 of ours. I wonder who will get their first. Though it is not a competition. You will lose more than us.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I enjoy any nationality or group of people that is interested in getting to know me and not prejudging me based on opinions of a news show.  And I would like to add I have had a lot of fun on cruises with the Brits especially the Caribbean.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Nope.  The plan is that once they get through the healthcare workers, elderly and front line workers and then onto over 65 and with co-morbidities, they will offer to anyone over 12 who wants it.  

Thank you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You can't talk your way out of this with death rates. Besides you have lost more % of your population than we have. When it gets to 330k deaths you have lost 0.1 percent of your population. When we get to 670k deaths we have 0.1 of ours. I wonder who will get their first. Though it is not a competition. You will lose more than us.

Death rates is the only non biased way to compare apples to apples in this arena, and the best way to determine what policies are having the biggest impact. Percentage of population lost is completely irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, BND said:

Um, what?  Biden makes no difference, but whatever.  My point was there are a percentage of people and not just in the US who think it hasn't been tested enough.  If you think only the US has people who won't take the vaccine, you are incorrect.  While the death number is "high" as a number  it is lower  than many other countries.   They are meeting tomorrow to approve the vaccine for the US.  

BTW, the UK has had 926.71 deaths per million since this started and the US has had 868.16.  You can't just look a one number considering the US has a much larger population than the UK.  So, please stop slamming the US over a number that does not tell the whole story.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Truth!  I think linking facts is a waste of time.  People don't like facts, just drama.

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are from New York and love England and English people. Well, I've never been to England - unless you count a stopover at Heaththrow where I never got off the plane - but have met plenty of people from England.

One of my favorite cruises on Oasis, we met and hung out with another couple from the UK. Got along splendidly. By the end of the cruise, they invited us to spend any future vacations at their place - either in England or a summer house they had in Barcelona. 

Sadly, we lost all contact information with them before any arrangements could be made.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And, yet, you ignore parts of my posts because you know they're correct.  As for death rates, deaths per million is how they are reporting it.  Tell me how you did that math.