90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Has this not destroyed your tourist industry already?. The policy moving forward has to be no vaccine no entry to avoid quarantine. You won't have a much of tourist industry coming back if you are going to make people have to the quarantine there is no point in going. Very few people can afford it. WHAT IF is really does end up like the early statements with 56% of people - the under 50s - not being vaccinated and the private sector doesn't pick up. Are you going to turn away 56% people because their government that won't vaccinate them? Other countries may not vaccinate completely as well.  That will really hurt your tourist industry and it will annoy a lot of people and harm your overseas relationships. You had better believe it will.

You have an EXTREMELY over inflated value of  UK tourism in the US. 

You are delusional if you think ANY government in the world would allow the fact that their citizens need to apply for a Visa have any affect whatsoever on diplomatic relations. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

In the article it also says Russia tried to steal data from the US and UK. No where did it say they actually got data. Their vaccine is $20 a dose.  Best polish up your Russian Comrade.

“Russia has tried to steal information and intellectual property from researchers working on a COVID-19 vaccine, cyber security agencies in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom are alleging”.

I believe one of the researchers commented that the attempt didn't make much sense since the information was being freely shared with other researchers.

Guys, I have some bad news for you - this type of Covid will be a disaster every year now just like flue we catch every year. So we better figure out the way to fight it, not eliminate it but just to fight it. I just heard it on the news 

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

In the article it also says Russia tried to steal data from the US and UK. No where did it say they actually got data. Their vaccine is $20 a dose.  Best polish up your Russian Comrade.

“Russia has tried to steal information and intellectual property from researchers working on a COVID-19 vaccine, cyber security agencies in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom are alleging”.

What they probably did and would be very easy to do would be to get a Russian living here or in US or whatever into a vaccine trial probably more than 1. Have the jab quick slight of hand to palm off the empty vaccine vial which has a little trace of the vaccine still in it. Get that to their embassy, they send the data back to Moscow their scientists just recreate it and hit stage 3 trials and fake stage 1 and 2 data whilst everyone else is doing stage 2 for real and as they bob is your uncle a Russian vaccine.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No sir, a true ally would support any friendly nation do whatever they felt necessary to secure their borders 

But this ally lost men fighting your wars. And wouldn't the removal because of the drinks plot be giving them precisely what they wanted?

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

But this ally lost men fighting your wars. And wouldn't the removal because of the drinks plot be giving them precisely what they wanted?

Ah yes, back to the liquid drinks plot!  That darn thing!!  🙂   

Edited by bouhunter

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

What they probably did and would be very easy to do would be to get a Russian living here or in US or whatever into a vaccine trial probably more than 1. Have the jab quick slight of hand to palm off the empty vaccine vial which has a little trace of the vaccine still in it. Get that to their embassy, they send the data back to Moscow their scientists just recreate it and hit stage 3 trials and fake stage 1 and 2 data whilst everyone else is doing stage 2 for real and as they bob is your uncle a Russian vaccine.

There was a great British TV show in the early 2000's called  MI5. It was also known as Spooks depending on the distribution channel.  I was absolutely addicted to it.  This post brought back fond memories of that show.  I'm thinking I need to rewatch this great series.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There was a great British TV show in the early 2000's called  MI5. It was also known as Spooks depending on the distribution channel.  I was absolutely addicted to it.  This post brought back fond memories of that show.  I'm thinking I need to rewatch this great series.

The series 4 finale about the death of Princess Diana makes you think doesn't it? Series 7 is airing on a UK tv channel. The Russians are the bad guys. Somewhat ironic timing perhaps.

Edited by ace2542

For those keeping score...

CDC’s Estimated Covid-19 Infection Fatality Ratio

0-19 years: 0.00003

20-49 years: 0.0002

50-69 years: 0.005

70+ years: 0.054

I'm more likely to die from a rabid squirrel bite today or in a car accident on my drive to town for my daily Mocha.  I'm definitely going to be careful on my walk today and stay away from squirrels. Maybe I'll skip the Mocha.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm more likely to die from a rabid squirrel bite today or in a car accident on my drive to town for my daily Mocha.  I'm definitely going to be careful on my walk today and stay away from squirrels. Maybe I'll skip the Mocha.

.00003 is still pretty dangerous.  KEEP THE KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL

Also, most masks don't work.  Good to be back 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

.00003 is still pretty dangerous.  KEEP THE KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL

Also, most masks don't work.  Good to be back 

Idk if you are joking?  I just heard kids failing 2 subjects or more in school is up 86%. I heard some numbers on how much kids are losing in future earning power, but by all means let that school union keep teachers at home, while grocery store clerks have to work. 

It's about the teachers demands, not about kids good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk if you are joking?  I just heard kids failing 2 subjects or more in school is up 86%. I heard some numbers on how much kids are losing in future earning power, but by all means let that school union keep teachers at home, while grocery store clerks have to work. 

It's about the teachers demands, not about kids good. 

Sarcasm is hard to convey on a keyboard.  

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are you part of that club now?

No Milwaukee.   The clubs I belong to are full of winners - not losers like Team Apocalypse.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Utter nonsense. I have not seen any reports of deaths from rabid squirrel bites this year.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, broberts said:

Utter nonsense. I have not seen any reports of deaths from rabid squirrel bites this year.

I'm sure my sarcasm was a little to subtle for you.  I'll try harder to be less obtuse.

40,250 children go missing in Canada every year but you wouldn't know that because the media hasn't told you to be scared for your children yet.

• Like 2