The Daily for Tuesday Nov 10, 2020

richwmn

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. And thank you for your lists Roy and I really love seeing your pictures of your food. Sad about the assault at Cold Stone, I hope and pray the workers are okay. Reminds me of something my dentist told me about a young teenager in his first job at Subway. He was put in charge of making sure the people at the outside tables were socially distant (even though there were signs on the tables). Someone sat where they weren’t supposed to and the teen asked him to move, then the customer hauled off and hit the poor kid in the jaw. I never heard what ended up happening after that but so sad. 

My father served in the USMC so I have a special place in my heart for Marines. 

The meal suggestion sounds good but we had that not too long ago so it’ll be something else tonight. Blue had his final tooth checkup at the vet today and he is clear to eat regular food. Yay!  After that I ran errands and did a major shopping run to Trader Joe’s. So that took a chunk of time so I’m planning something easy tonight for dinner. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 12

Good afternoon!

I love the quote, and it is too true. We're having hamburgers on the grill today, as an homage to the weather. It has been another gorgeous 22ºC day here in southwestern Ontario.  DH has been blowing leaves into a pile and transporting them over the street to put into the farmer's field. They will blow and decompose, so it's okay.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Thank you for sharing, Ann. I miss the days that my girls were in the Amabile Choir in London. This definitely reminded me. Some years ago, I travelled with the choir to the Choral Olympics in Bremen. We stopped in Vimy where it is Canadian soil in France. What an emotional experience. To this day, I remember the choir singing, and get goosebumps.

23434979_10155964491047386_5186564601626374594_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=174925&_nc_ohc=-vT-tV8giGoAX87o1m_&_nc_ht=scontent.fyto1-2.fna&oh=4a70387442f0315aba024b3a0e56ddd6&oe=5FD14D10

Prayers to those who need them! Cheers to all the celebrations.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 14

It's been almost a week since I posted on my 2003 trip; my apologies.  It's been a very hectic week both on the home front and the volunteer front.  A week or so ago I reported putting a new TV in my bedroom where I had been using a tiny relic from the 1970's.  I liked it so well I got rid of another TV, one that dates about 40 years, a major task to lug out to the car:

DSCF8449.thumb.JPG.5b30335e2997b0fcba6cb30626d0e9bd.JPG

That was replaced with a TV identical to the first one.  Finally, I decided to retire my primary TV. an early DTV set purchased shortly before the switch to DTV.   That was almost twice as big and heavy as  I have not replaced that set, but have put one of the new ones in it's place and the tiny relic is back in the kitchen.  Today I took a full carload of electronics to the dump/recycling center.  I hope to replace the main TV in the next few days.

I signed a check for $2/3 million a couple of months ago for 2 new ambulances.  One of them is now in service and the second is almost ready:

DSCF8453.thumb.JPG.11d6ee404a7aa981ab1b89bec5fc9e39.JPG

While that is good news it's not all clear sailing for me.  Our accountants have just sent me a draft tax return that I need to review before we file it and I'm working on an audit for some of the grants we are using to pay for the ambulances.  Not exactly a vacation for me.

Our Governor is in the middle of a press conference.  While I think we are still doing better than most states our Covid numbers are spiking and we have new restrictions coming, including reducing indoor dining from 75% capacity to 50%.  Our hospital population has about doubled in the past month or so but still only about half of our spring peak.  Glad we are doing better than most of the country but still headed in the wrong direction.

I will try to get back to my 2003 travels in the next few days.

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

For Roy,  @rafinmd, especially, the Shallaway Ensemble sang In Flanders Fields at The Rooms (the museum in St. Johns, NL)

While I follow the daily I am new to posting on this thread but can't let Ann's post about the Shallaway choir go by without responding. The dtr of a dear friend of ours is a member of the choir and is pictured at 2:22 of this video. She is a very talented young lady.

Hi to  Ann and Pat with whom we sailed  last year on the Koningsdam's last Med cruise and transatlantic.

Thanks to all who post on the wonderful daily.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Cruisepucks said:

While I follow the daily I am new to posting on this thread but can't let Ann's post about the Shallaway choir go by without responding. The dtr of a dear friend of ours is a member of the choir and is pictured at 2:22 of this video. She is a very talented young lady.

Hi to  Ann and Pat with whom we sailed  last year on the Koningsdam's last Med cruise and transatlantic.

Thanks to all who post on the wonderful daily.

Hello & glad you posted!

• Like 3