Captain's Club Host: Will they still be needed?

Orator

I have met some really outstanding Captain's Club Hosts on Celebrity ships. They are true ambassadors for the ship! I just wonder if the new realities, if not temporary, render their position moot. They are no longer needed to Host the Captain's Club Party, the Elite Hour or select people to be invited to Officer's tables. Some of their duties can be turned over to others who could receive a bit more for extra work. There are many wonderful past CC Hosts who have various positions around the ship, particularly Future Cruise Sales. 

• Like 1

They also were the ones you consulted to explain the program, or to straighten out lost points if your account was in error.  The line at their desk was often long, showing  how much they were needed.  

and has there been any indication that Officers will no longer host tables?  That might be on hold for a while, but won’t disappear forever, we reckon

• Thanks 1

Even with the changes, the Captains Club elite coffee House style breakfast will still be offered, which the Captains Club host generally attended. I am going to guess that there will be some other Captains Club events, probably outside, including but not limited to, helipad Sailaway parties.

1 hour ago, travelwide said:

Question for Zenith group......do you know who the top cruiser is now that Arno will no longer be sailing?

We also enjoyed interacting with the CC host.

Hard to say. My family all have over 7500 points and there is occasionally someone else who has maybe 100 more points who is named the high cruiser and gets ALL the benefits. There is another couple with 8000+ points from Texas who recently stopped cruising. Many suite quests either sail single (getting double points) or as the third person (at very cheap rates) and move up VERY quickly !!!

21 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

Hard to say. My family all have over 7500 points and there is occasionally someone else who has maybe 100 more points who is named the high cruiser and gets ALL the benefits. There is another couple with 8000+ points from Texas who recently stopped cruising. Many suite quests either sail single (getting double points) or as the third person (at very cheap rates) and move up VERY quickly !!!

Arno was not the top cruiser since points earned on Azamara count as Celebrity points and there are two fellows who stay a long time in the PH and rarely cruise with Celebrity. Arno was most likely the top cruiser who cruised on Celebrity. You and your family are most likely top the list and young enough to have decades of cruising ahead. Sadly, recent events foretell a bleak future for loyal cruisers such as your family.  

I suspect the CC Host will be more active  with the added smaller events instead of just a few large events.  There are likely be many more small gatherings, which might even require a second CC host. The CC hosts are also likely to be busy answering questions and explaining the enhancements.  Once large gatherings become safe again, I suspect even the large gatherings will return.  My wife and I stopped attending the large gatherings several years ago.  No ship has a space large enough to host those kind of events if everyone eligible actually attended.  Personally I prefer the smaller more exclusive events.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1