New vaccine

hollyjess

9 minutes ago, L751 said:

Has anyone on here had there jab,  who is alergic to penicillin, and was there any side effects 

Here is what they say about it.

Covid-19 Vaccines and Allergies

Anaphylaxis-Campaign-Logo-CMYK-JPEG-Colo

bsaci.png
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I am allergic to penicillin. Can I have a COVID-19 vaccination?

Yes, allergy to penicillins is not a contraindication to the Pfizer/BioNTech or AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna vaccine

If you have a history of immediate onset anaphylaxis to multiple classes of drugs or unexplained anaphylaxis – please also refer to the additional information at the end of these FAQs.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just had a text from my doctor's.

I have been invited for my vaccine jab on Wednesday.

I have an eye appointment with the consultant in the Wednesday morning so I have booked the vaccine jab for 5pm at Millfield health centre Sunderland.

Fantastic news Graham about the vaccination appointment. Am delighted for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your niece tho.  I hope she recovers quickly.

Gill x

• Thanks 1

Has anyone on here had there jab,  who is alergic to penicillin, and was there any side effects 

I was told that I was allergic to penicillin as a child (in the late 60’s / early 70’s) but they used to say that a lot back then. I have had amoxicillin several times as an adult and had no reaction. Anyway, I had the AZ jab yesterday and whilst my arm is painful, I had no other reaction. 

• Like 1

My wife had an allergic reaction (no anaphylaxis) to penicillin in her teens and has avoided it ever since. She had the Pfizer vaccine on 29th January and experienced no adverse effects.

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Here is what they say about it.

Covid-19 Vaccines and Allergies

Anaphylaxis-Campaign-Logo-CMYK-JPEG-Colo

bsaci.png
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I am allergic to penicillin. Can I have a COVID-19 vaccination?

Yes, allergy to penicillins is not a contraindication to the Pfizer/BioNTech or AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna vaccine

If you have a history of immediate onset anaphylaxis to multiple classes of drugs or unexplained anaphylaxis – please also refer to the additional information at the end of these FAQs.

Thanks Jean

• Like 1

I am allergic to penicillin although it was 60 years ago when I was 4 that the doctor said this.

I understand it's only people with epi pens that might have a problem.

I have my jab on Wednesday so will post afterwards.

Graham.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

Our Sarah got a positive covid19 result this morning.

She is 40 and has epilepsy but as a civil servant she has worked at the office through all lockdowns.

She sounded positive on the phone this morning but felt tired but she regularly feels tired after a fit.

Graham.

Fingers crossed for your  Sarah for a speedy recovery  mate.

I know it must be a worry for your family but she sounds upbeat and God willing it 

will be a mild case hopefully . We read about cases with no symptoms at all, hope that's

what happens for Sarah.:classic_smile:  

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Michelle.

I hope your test is negative.

Sorry to hear about your referral to the cardiac team.

If there is a problem it is best to get it treated ASAP.

My mild heart attack was treated very quickly but could have been fatal if they had not found the blockage in my circumflex artery during angiogram.

Take care and best wishes.

Graham.

Thanks Graham 

• Like 1

Good news this morning I got a text to phone up surgery to book my first COVID test so that’s next Wednesday at 8.35 in morning , husband in a mood he’s not got his yet , he is older but claims he’s fitter than me 😂 so has to wait , I’m getting the Pfizer vaccine,😁

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good news this morning I got a text to phone up surgery to book my first COVID test so that’s next Wednesday at 8.35 in morning , husband in a mood he’s not got his yet , he is older but claims he’s fitter than me 😂 so has to wait , I’m getting the Pfizer vaccine,😁

Great news Purdey.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

46 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Great news Graham. I'm really happy for you. I also hope your Sarah isn't too poorly with this awful virus. Let's  hope her symptoms are few and her recovery quick. Best wishes. Jane.x

+1

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just had a text from my doctor's.

I have been invited for my vaccine jab on Wednesday.

I have an eye appointment with the consultant in the Wednesday morning so I have booked the vaccine jab for 5pm at Millfield health centre Sunderland.

Good news for you Graham.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Sorry to hear about the positive test, hope she isn’t too ill and recovers quickly. 
I had a test yesterday in Hosp, just waiting for results. Spent 11 hours on assessment ward yesterday, apparently I have an ectopic heart rhythm and have been referred to cardiac team.

Michelle

Try not to worry, your in very good hands with the cardio team ,better to be aware of a 

problem than it going unchecked . Mrs K has irregular heart beat that was causing your 

symptoms/condition , she was put on one heart tablet per day to control it .

I'm sure they will sort you out Michelle stay safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Sorry folks for going off-topic. I know that several who post on here also post on the thread on "announcing future cruise pauses".

I notice that it has been frozen with no new posts for almost 24hrs.

Hopefully nothing sinister involved ahead of potential announcements early next week. Just a technical glitch possibly. Apologies for disturbing the flow.

Just got back from my jab.I arrived 50 mins early as it was 8 miles away towards London.They squeezed me in straight away,lovely friendly people.The nurse jabbed me twice,I think the 1st one was empty,lol.She called me a bleeder,I thought no worries I've been called that loads of times.No side effects yet.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Busy day on Wednesday for you graham with two appointments a day out 😉 hope your eye appointment is very good news for you too

The consultant fitted an IOLens during cataract surgery as well as pealing an Epiretinal Membrane off my eyes macular 16 days ago so it is a follow up appointment with the consultant.

I need a new pair of varifocal glasses because the distance aspect on my operated eye is better and the strong current lens in my glasses is too magnified and causing blurred vision.

The non operated eye was my weak eye so I need the glasses for that eye.

Good luck with your vaccine and hopefully your hubby gets a vaccine invitation soon.

Graham.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Try not to worry, your in very good hands with the cardio team ,better to be aware of a 

problem than it going unchecked . Mrs K has irregular heart beat that was causing your 

symptoms/condition , she was put on one heart tablet per day to control it .

I'm sure they will sort you out Michelle stay safe .:classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos, they said I should be seen in the next two weeks so fingers crossed it is sorted quickly 

• Like 2