Carnival Horizon in Miami starting up

phoneman69

Even though she is now in Miami, since she has not obtained "green status" from the CDC, she cannot even make crew changes.  Suspect she is merely bunkering and loading food.  I even think she is under the "December ruling" from the judge that her environmental certification can be 7 days after arriving.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Even though she is now in Miami, since she has not obtained "green status" from the CDC, she cannot even make crew changes.  Suspect she is merely bunkering and loading food.  I even think she is under the "December ruling" from the judge that her environmental certification can be 7 days after arriving.

That's still a milestone and cruising is getting closer.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

That's still a milestone and cruising is getting closer.

Sure it's getting closer, so is next 4th of July.  Princess has internally told their ships (see the Princess thread about the Captain's announcement) that cruising will not start until possibly late March, but more likely April.  Given the nearly equal status of all Carnival brands as far as US compliance (both environmental and CDC) is concerned, I would not expect Carnival to be any ahead of this timeline, and any problems with compliance along the way can postpone things further.

Just now, chengkp75 said:

Sure it's getting closer, so is next 4th of July.  Princess has internally told their ships (see the Princess thread about the Captain's announcement) that cruising will not start until possibly late March, but more likely April.  Given the nearly equal status of all Carnival brands as far as US compliance (both environmental and CDC) is concerned, I would not expect Carnival to be any ahead of this timeline, and any problems with compliance along the way can postpone things further.

I think it is fair to say the average Princess cruise is longer than an average Carnival cruise and the average Princess cruiser is older and more at risk than the average Carnival cruiser.

• Like 5

Just now, BlerkOne said:

I think it is fair to say the average Princess cruise is longer than an average Carnival cruise and the average Princess cruiser is older and more at risk than the average Carnival cruiser.

And, that has what to do with the requirements that the CDC has laid out for the CSO?  Does it say that remediation measures or capacity of health care facilities, both onboard and on shore, can vary based on the demographic of the passengers?  And, what does the demographic have to do with any environmental compliance the ships need to meet before sailing?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

And, that has what to do with the requirements that the CDC has laid out for the CSO?  Does it say that remediation measures or capacity of health care facilities, both onboard and on shore, can vary based on the demographic of the passengers?  And, what does the demographic have to do with any environmental compliance the ships need to meet before sailing?

Do you think Carnival would bring the ship into US waters if it wasn't going to pass? It's a done deal - time to look beyond.

• Like 1

With the Horizon in US waters, any guesses on how far it has come in the 40 page CDC guidelines? Is it entirely staffed? Have they all quarantined for two weeks? Have they all tested negative? Have they started other protocols? When will mock cruising start? I need all the answers. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

With the Horizon in US waters, any guesses on how far it has come in the 40 page CDC guidelines? Is it entirely staffed? Have they all quarantined for two weeks? Have they all tested negative? Have they started other protocols? When will mock cruising start? I need all the answers. 😂

5 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

The Horizon is the only CCL ship showing green status (and it's "Provisionally green" with no crew commercial travel allowed) as of today 11/23:

image.png.53f44df0ed3895fec4cc329ddaac9ee0.png

What does it mean if a cruise line or cruise ship is not listed on the table above?

If a cruise line or cruise ship is not listed, it means it is not operating and does not plan to operate in U.S. waters during the initial phases of the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Seems pretty clear they are thinking she will be the first. The first to participate in the trials, the first to get green lighted by Switzerland and the first to sail...   despite the drivel to the contrary.  

Never said it might not be the first.  You're reading a lot into things that aren't there lately.  She may be first, but when that first happens is what I am talking about.

59 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Never said it might not be the first.  You're reading a lot into things that aren't there lately.  She may be first, but when that first happens is what I am talking about.

LOL,your not the first one to criticize my comprehension.  We will see, while I respect your knowledge, I hope I am right on this one....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Well some Carnival Ship has to be First out of the gate. Why not Horizon as she is home ported in Miami. Lets continue the process 

She will be the first and they are prepping for her to do so.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

She will be the first and they are prepping for her to do so.  

Exactly right.  She has not sailed into Miami to take on food and fuel.  Now WHEN she might get cleared remains an open question.  But there is zero doubt in my mind that she will take the first cruise for the company.  And Breeze will be #2.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Exactly right.  She has not sailed into Miami to take on food and fuel.  Now WHEN she might get cleared remains an open question.  But there is zero doubt in my mind that she will take the first cruise for the company.  And Breeze will be #2.

Bingo