Vaccination Certificates .

With Qantas announcing you will need to be vaccinated for Covid 19 before travel , and other airlines about to follow suit ,it would be a good idea if a vaccination certificate could be digitalised and issued at the time of vaccination

There has always been a certificate , eg yellow fever, but it is a separate card carried with passport. .

For this to work there would have to be some sort of International standard that everyone complies with. I wonder if the powers that be are able to organise something along these lines before mass inoculation begins ?

Still have my yellow coloured yellow fever international vaccination certificate nailed to my passport. Relic of 3 trips to dodgy parts of South America, Central America and Africa.

The authorities look at them too, I can assure you.

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Still have my yellow coloured yellow fever international vaccination certificate nailed to my passport. Relic of 3 trips to dodgy parts of South America, Central America and Africa.

The authorities look at them too, I can assure you.

I still have my bright yellow fever vaccination certificate, which I got in Scotland.  I still smile when I think of the guy in front of me in the queue.  When asked whether he was allergic to egg, he replied "no, but I am allergic to needles".

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

With Qantas announcing you will need to be vaccinated for Covid 19 before travel , and other airlines about to follow suit ,it would be a good idea if a vaccination certificate could be digitalised and issued at the time of vaccination

There has always been a certificate , eg yellow fever, but it is a separate card carried with passport. .

For this to work there would have to be some sort of International standard that everyone complies with. I wonder if the powers that be are able to organise something along these lines before mass inoculation begins ?

Yes, I can see there will be a world wide Covid Vaccine certificate.  Auths should be able to organise this before mass inoculation begins. ? WHO 

In regards to certificates for Australians the government has stated in the Australian Covid 19 Vaccination Policy which was released last week - 

Managing the most effective and efficient roll-out of COVID-19 vaccine(s) will require significant coordinated data and reporting mechanisms. A consumer- and clinician-centred approach to designing digital, data and reporting systems will help to manage public demand, minimise reporting overhead, and improve efficacy of the rollout. This Australian Government has commenced work on this approach and is identifying key system capabilities and gaps.

Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)

For the COVID-19 vaccine, the AIR will be used to, among other things:

• monitor immunisation coverage levels and service delivery, which can help to identify regions at risk during disease outbreaks;

• measure vaccination coverage at a local, state and national level.

• determine an individual's immunisation status, regardless of who immunised them

• provide an Immunisation History Statement to prove their immunisation status for child care, school, employment or travel purposes

It is highly likely that two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine will be required for immunisation. Further, each patient will need to have two doses of the same vaccine, i.e. two doses of the Oxford vaccine or two doses of the UQ vaccine. The AIR will be the unifying national system to monitor both overall immunisation levels and individual immunisation status. It will be mandatory for vaccination providers to make timely recordings of any COVID-19 vaccinations into AIR. Medical practitioners, midwives and nurse practitioners with a Medicare provider number are:

• automatically recognised as vaccination providers by the AIR.

• authorised to record or get immunisation data from the AIR.

Other eligible health professionals and organisations can apply to become recognised vaccination providers and access the AIR using Services Australia’s Health Professionals Online Service (HPOS).

The Australian Government is undertaking a review of AIR functionality to support this role, including an anticipated large number of new registrants and new providers, to ensure technical capacity to fulfil the key monitoring role.

Digital Health

My Health Record (MHR) will play a key role for Australians as an authoritative record of their vaccinations. MHR is already connected to the AIR and it supports mobile app connectivity to potentially enable the generation of immunisation certificates. 

Importantly, MHR is already integrated into public and private health care settings (such as public hospitals and general practice). It is integrated with myGov, giving Australians easy access to their health information. Using MHR for direct engagement with clinicians and consumers can help ensure successful rollout – for instance, by delivering personalised messages to consumers reminding them to have their second dose of a vaccine.

Source - 

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/11/australian-covid-19-vaccination-policy_1.pdf

The yellow vaccination card still exists - I have a current one - though its not yellow. There is a section for yellow fever (blank as I've not needed in the last 20 odd years) and section for OTHER vaccines which is full and a section for rabies . I consider it my 2nd most important document after my passport and travels with me everywhere because the medical record is invaluable. 

IMG_6102.JPG

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_6104.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lissie said:

The yellow vaccination card still exists - I have a current one - though its not yellow. There is a section for yellow fever (blank as I've not needed in the last 20 odd years) and section for OTHER vaccines which is full and a section for rabies . I consider it my 2nd most important document after my passport and travels with me everywhere because the medical record is invaluable. 

IMG_6102.JPG

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_6104.JPG

Wow  You  have an impressive vaccination record.  I've only needed Yellow Fever, hence the yellow card. 

1 hour ago, Cruisegroover said:

In regards to certificates for Australians the government has stated in the Australian Covid 19 Vaccination Policy which was released last week - 

Managing the most effective and efficient roll-out of COVID-19 vaccine(s) will require significant coordinated data and reporting mechanisms. A consumer- and clinician-centred approach to designing digital, data and reporting systems will help to manage public demand, minimise reporting overhead, and improve efficacy of the rollout. This Australian Government has commenced work on this approach and is identifying key system capabilities and gaps.

Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)

For the COVID-19 vaccine, the AIR will be used to, among other things:

• monitor immunisation coverage levels and service delivery, which can help to identify regions at risk during disease outbreaks;

• measure vaccination coverage at a local, state and national level.

• determine an individual's immunisation status, regardless of who immunised them

• provide an Immunisation History Statement to prove their immunisation status for child care, school, employment or travel purposes

It is highly likely that two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine will be required for immunisation. Further, each patient will need to have two doses of the same vaccine, i.e. two doses of the Oxford vaccine or two doses of the UQ vaccine. The AIR will be the unifying national system to monitor both overall immunisation levels and individual immunisation status. It will be mandatory for vaccination providers to make timely recordings of any COVID-19 vaccinations into AIR. Medical practitioners, midwives and nurse practitioners with a Medicare provider number are:

• automatically recognised as vaccination providers by the AIR.

• authorised to record or get immunisation data from the AIR.

Other eligible health professionals and organisations can apply to become recognised vaccination providers and access the AIR using Services Australia’s Health Professionals Online Service (HPOS).

The Australian Government is undertaking a review of AIR functionality to support this role, including an anticipated large number of new registrants and new providers, to ensure technical capacity to fulfil the key monitoring role.

Digital Health

My Health Record (MHR) will play a key role for Australians as an authoritative record of their vaccinations. MHR is already connected to the AIR and it supports mobile app connectivity to potentially enable the generation of immunisation certificates. 

Importantly, MHR is already integrated into public and private health care settings (such as public hospitals and general practice). It is integrated with myGov, giving Australians easy access to their health information. Using MHR for direct engagement with clinicians and consumers can help ensure successful rollout – for instance, by delivering personalised messages to consumers reminding them to have their second dose of a vaccine.

Source - 

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/11/australian-covid-19-vaccination-policy_1.pdf

Thanks for that info Cruisegroover. Interestingly, my own My Health Record is not up to date with my vaccination records. I must mention it to my GP when I speak to her next.

Leigh

For those in a private health fund, like myself, you can claim the yellow fever vacc on the fund, we did, some years ago. 

Bring on the needles, I am no anti vaxxer, had a stack lately, last week shingles and B12., Yesterday excision surgery on arm, big chunk out, local anasthetic and needle to stop the bleeding then this morning back to the doc, change dressing, another needle to try and stop bleeding. Aaaagh.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow  You  have an impressive vaccination record.  I've only needed Yellow Fever, hence the yellow card. 

And the 3 rabies pre-exposure on another page. We were planning an epic central Asia trip from China to Istanbul via  most of the 'stans, Georgia etc.  Didn't happen because my partner collapsed within aweek of getting to China. Hopefully one day though - and the good thing is that most give life time protection - apart from typhoid and flu. Cost us a fortunate too 

2 hours ago, lissie said:

And the 3 rabies pre-exposure on another page. We were planning an epic central Asia trip from China to Istanbul via  most of the 'stans, Georgia etc.  Didn't happen because my partner collapsed within aweek of getting to China. Hopefully one day though - and the good thing is that most give life time protection - apart from typhoid and flu. Cost us a fortunate too 

That is very sad. I'm sorry to hear that.  What a shock after all your plans for such an epic central Asia trip from China to Istanbul.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That is very sad. I'm sorry to hear that.  What a shock after all your plans for such an epic central Asia trip from China to Istanbul.

All good - he's doing well - the cruising is fine - and I enjoy it more than I thought I would - but I aiming to get back to independent travel in the next year or two! 

20 minutes ago, lissie said:

All good - he's doing well - the cruising is fine - and I enjoy it more than I thought I would - but I aiming to get back to independent travel in the next year or two! 

That is good news.  I think adventure cruising in a class of its own.

• Like 1