Millennium Class ships moving to Pullmantur?

dadraftsman

15 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Horizon, Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Michael Roux, Bananas Foster & Crepe Suzettes prepared tableside by the Maitre'D.  These ships might not have had balcony staterooms but it was that LUXURY EXPERIENCE that hooked us to choose cruising as our ultimate vacation experience...particular on all European cruises. 

Did you forget Mercury?  It was our first Century class cruise on X. That's what hooked us then.  LLP helped unhook us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hcat said:

Cruising at its best at reasonable fares!

I agree with all you've said and the sentiment behind it, except perhaps for this statement.  Comparing to today's prices (at least pre-Covid), and adjusting for inflation, it was definitely more expensive to sail Celebrity way back then (and I started in 1992 on Horizon).  I remember paying $1200 pp for an outside cabin, no balcony on a 7 night Caribbean cruise.  In recent years I have sailed on a number of Celebrity cruises in Aqua Class for close to that amount, and definitely less if you consider inflation.  What the pricing will be once we are past Covid who knows - I agree prices are very high right now.

6 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Did you forget Mercury?  It was our first Century class cruise on X. That's what hooked us then.  LLP helped unhook us.

ChucktownSteve, could not have said it better myself.

Celebrity back then was something special, it was a leading edge premium cruise line with new ships. The food, service, everyone was treated the same. The Roux days, I sure miss that.

Since 2015, Celebrity has gone down hill to just another mass line. Such is life.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Doubt It said:

ChucktownSteve, could not have said it better myself.

Celebrity back then was something special, it was a leading edge premium cruise line with new ships. The food, service, everyone was treated the same. The Roux days, I sure miss that.

Since 2015, Celebrity has gone down hill to just another mass line. Such is life.

Just now, dgraham said:

Roux did treat everyone the same. When my daughter worked on the cruise staff he would visit their cruise ship and check not only what was being offered to the passengers, but what was being offered to the crew, including interviewing them. and subsequent changes/improvements were made after his visit.

7 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

No didn't forget. We just never sailed her!!!

As for LLP, based on our last cruise experience on the Reflection this past January, don't know how much more she can destroy the brand.  We had already set our low expectations when we were supposed to sail our last "bucket list" itinerary on the Reflection to the Holy Land this past September.  SInce it was very disappointingly cancelled,  we didn't find out how much more she has eliminated.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did you already have the FV cabin assigned on the 2021 sailing and it has now been changed or did they reassign you as part of the L&S process.    If the later I can see why you are upset but technically there are no FV on Connie after April 2021.  They were re-classified to Sunset Suites and were supposed to be updated as part of the refit.   Of course the refit never happened but they have not reverted the deck plans.  I'd assume they assigned you a 2A category  balcony as "best available".  

This issue has come up before where people were not allowed to L&S from the FV.  Hope you have a good TA.

Now if it were previously assigned and now they moved you they need to make it right.

I ran into this type of situation with a L&S from Reflection 1A cabin to Connie.  They would only put me in a 2A claiming 1A is highest balcony cabin on Reflection and 2A is highest on M class.  I maintained it was a multi category downgrade and they should have put me in a C3.   Ended up cancelling the B2B.

I emailed my TA today. He says my ,new cabin’ is an FV.  
However on my booking info, it’s listed as a family ocean view.  Get the tricky

verbiage? My TA says there’s no such cat, but I’m seeing it!

Edited by Caymus88

2 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

I emailed my TA today. He says my ,new cabin’ is an FV.  
However on my booking info, it’s listed as a family ocean view.  Get the tricky

verbiage? My TA says there’s no such cat, but I’m seeing it!

Good.  Yes when I had one booked (cancelled cruise in May) it did have that description.  You will enjoy that ocean view from the huge balcony.   As long as the room number is the one you expected and shows on the deck plan.   I always go by the category designation which for the life of me can't understand why they hide that on the Celebrity website.  The Celebrity Guest Invoice should show the FV category designation.

On 12/13/2020 at 3:42 PM, Loracpin2 said:

Horizon, Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Michael Roux, Bananas Foster & Crepe Suzettes prepared tableside by the Maitre'D.  These ships might not have had balcony staterooms but it was that LUXURY EXPERIENCE that hooked us to choose cruising as our ultimate vacation experience...particular on all European cruises. 

I experienced this on the Century's Murano French Dining Room.  The best meal I have had, at sea.

17 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Good.  Yes when I had one booked (cancelled cruise in May) it did have that description.  You will enjoy that ocean view from the huge balcony.   As long as the room number is the one you expected and shows on the deck plan.   I always go by the category designation which for the life of me can't understand why they hide that on the Celebrity website.  The Celebrity Guest Invoice should show the FV category designation.

It is a guarantee. The pic on my reservation shows only a large picture window

and a regular size 4 person cabin

22 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

No didn't forget. We just never sailed her!!!

As for LLP, based on our last cruise experience on the Reflection this past January, don't know how much more she can destroy the brand.  We had already set our low expectations when we were supposed to sail our last "bucket list" itinerary on the Reflection to the Holy Land this past September.  SInce it was very disappointingly cancelled,  we didn't find out how much more she has eliminated.   

This individual LLP can destroy a brand all she wants and for us, she did. But not everyone agrees, so that is ok.

If you cruised with Celebrity post 2015 or so, what a dive into mediocracy and the establishment of the class segmentation that would make the French Line very proud.

It is not the $ for us cause we can easily afford the suite class, it is the loss of the public space, particularly the viewing forward lounge, it is the attitude of Celebrity. Not purchasing it.

29 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

It is a guarantee. The pic on my reservation shows only a large picture window

and a regular size 4 person cabin

Given what you said the TA reported I think you are still fine, don't worry about the description or photo as I remember being thrown by that as well.  If you're still worried ask your TA to forward you the copy of the Celebrity Guest Invoice.  As long as the category says FV or FV GTY you will be fine.   If you have GTY it's likely you won't get the corner one but the other ones have a very large balcony as well.  Once a room is assigned you can always keep watch for a better one to come available and request the switch.

• Like 1