Millennium Class ships moving to Pullmantur?

dadraftsman

9 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Contacted Celebrity on Twitter and received this response:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

While we fully support the reorganization efforts of Pullmantur and continue to work productively with Pullmantur as it develops its new business plan, it is important to clarify that we have not agreed to lease or sell any of our ships, including any Celebrity Millennium class ships, to Pullmantur.

Hugh

Did you expect any different answer? 😂

We all know by now that they “know nothing” and don’t confirm anything until it already happened.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Did you expect any different answer? 😂

We all know by now that they “know nothing” and don’t confirm anything until it already happened.

Just read this., an official denial

https://www.cruisehive.com/celebrity-cruises-has-no-plans-to-offload-ships-to-pullmantur/43618

We have a b2b booked on Connie Nov/Dec, originally it was on the Silhouette April 2020, used our FCC for November 2020, then L&S to November 2021. I do hope it may be third time lucky. Fingers crossed 

David and Caroline 

1 hour ago, dcb1000 said:

https://www.cruisehive.com/celebrity-cruises-has-no-plans-to-offload-ships-to-pullmantur/43618

We have a b2b booked on Connie Nov/Dec, originally it was on the Silhouette April 2020, used our FCC for November 2020, then L&S to November 2021. I do hope it may be third time lucky. Fingers crossed 

David and Caroline 

(54) Victor Meldrew - "I don't believe its" - YouTube

To be honest I think that it is more possible that 2 Vision-class cruises ships will eventually be transferred to Pullmantur (if that ever happens). If you watch Royal Caribbean deployment and port registries for 2022, you will see that Rhapsody was originally booked in the same itineraries as the last 5 years. Last week it was announced that Brilliance will replace it. Also Grandeur has no itineraries at all. That was the reason that the itineraries release was postponed from the 9th of November to the 30th. To conclude, for theabove reasons I think Rhapsody and Grandeur will be the ships that will go to Pullmantur.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

2 hours ago, dcb1000 said:

David and Caroline 

There's a subtle difference between the article headline "no plans" and the quote from Celebrity included in the article "we have not agreed". They may not yet agreed to sell/lease, but  that doesn't stop them reaching agreement later. 

Also, at the end of the day it may be RCG that decides what happens and will dictate to Celebrity what happens if consensus isn't reached.

2 hours ago, dcb1000 said:

David and Caroline 

Here you go, an official denial.  I knew it wasn’t true.

• Haha 2

And yet two Millennium class ships have been up for sale for years already...

Look at all the pieces of the puzzle. All the announcements, itinerary changes, Pullmantur’s history and situation, M class for sale... for me it looks more than plausible.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Damcruiser said:

Does anyone remember the final days of Century as a Celebrity ship?

Rumor going to Europe; denied.

Rumor to China.

The itineraries kept on changing but in the end denials meant nothing, just delaying the inevitable transfer.

Yup, still remember the rumors about the Century being stretched during a dry dock, even Captains were telling passengers this would happen, never happened.   Learned a long time ago not to believe anything in Celebrity's rumor mill   Again, don't believe anything until you see a press release but in these times, fun to speculate. 

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Here you go, an official denial.  I knew it wasn’t true.

An official denial - What does that prove?  A denial at this point in time.  That goes along with all of their official communications about everything and anything that are never quite official, true, or false.  Just mostly misleading or confusing in many cases.  

• Like 1

"... we have not agreed to lease or sell any of our ships, including any Celebrity Millennium class ships, to Pullmantur."

This is not a denial.  This means they haven't signed a contract yet.    That doesn't mean it's not in the plans.  The statement does not say all four Millenium ships will deploy under the X flag in 2021/2022, does it?  THAT would be a denial.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

An official denial - What does that prove?  A denial at this point in time.  That goes along with all of their official communications about everything and anything that are never quite official, true, or false.  Just mostly misleading or confusing in many cases.  

You must have missed my implied wink. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Damcruiser said:

Rumor to China.

The itineraries kept on changing but in the end denials meant nothing, just delaying the inevitable transfer.

We were booked on the last Century cruise, should of been a Suez Canal from Dubai to Rome then she was end up in Europe! They struck a deal and changed the cruise to Dubai to Singapore via India and Century was sold to a Chinese company, we ended up accepting the changes and at quite a cost for flight changes, took the trip! Now we have 2 b2 bs for 2021 in the med lift and shifts from this year on Connie.

I will be so disappointed if they get rid of Constellation, I’ve still got flights to book, but I’m going to wait though the prices will go up! Dianne

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

So siblings don't bother talking it over with mom before talking to a reporter..  One would think a juggler is in control of communications.

Keep in mind the people who watch over social media feeds like twitter are pretty low in the organization.  They are also sitting in their pajamas on their living room sofa with a cat curled up beside them while they work from home during the pandemic.  

It's not like the executives who are in the know of all the things dynamically occuring right now and who are more focused at trying to get some sort of restart happening are meeting with the social media team several times per day keeping them in the loop of the hourly developments.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Damcruiser said:

Rumor to China.

Yes, we should have been on the final EASTER 2015 sailing, Dubai to Rome. Pulmatar were then transferring her to France where she was supposed to be refurbished.

We were told by Celebrity in September 2014 that she was being redeployed to Asia.We were offered 3 other cruises but none were appropriate, so we transferred to Eclipse for our Golden Wedding cruise.

[quote]We were booked on the last Century cruise, should of been a Suez Canal from Dubai to Rome then she was end up in Europe! They struck a deal and changed the cruise to Dubai to Singapore via India and Century was sold to a Chinese company, [/quote]

Edited by upwarduk

On 11/28/2020 at 9:01 AM, dkjretired said:

Nope, I also remember in the other threads on the M class ships, we saw ads for the sale of the M class ships.   Nothing ever came of it. 

Completely off topic, but Hi Don! Been a long time, since I’m not on the Celebrity boards much anymore, having pretty much jumped to Princess since the Edge class launch & higher fares. Good to drop in on an old “friend”. Hope you & family are doing well. 

1 hour ago, richsea said:

Completely off topic, but Hi Don! Been a long time, since I’m not on the Celebrity boards much anymore, having pretty much jumped to Princess since the Edge class launch & higher fares. Good to drop in on an old “friend”. Hope you & family are doing well. 

I think there will be a lot of people following your move to Princess because of the E-class and higher fares.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 7:05 AM, Damcruiser said:

Rumor to China.

I also remember when Galaxy was sold.  Unlike Century (which was fairly worn down by then), Galaxy was sold after she had been refurbished.  I remember sailing her soon before her sale was announced and remarking how nicely refurbished she was.  Little did I know it was my last time on her, sadly (one of my favorite ships).

My point is that everyone is assuming Infinity and Connie because they have not been updated.  Perhaps the reality is that the updated ships are more likely to be moved.  It would allow Pullmantur to put them into service right away, and entice customers with their updated décor.  And one would think that Celebrity has already signed contracts for the updating of Infinity and Connie - how could this/would this affect their potential sale?  I confess I am hoping against hope that they stay as I have a wonderful B2B on Connie I moved to 2022.  But I also think there is some logic in my thinking.

7 hours ago, richsea said:

Oh -- and even MORE off-topic -- Hi Rich! We miss you over on the Who'sOnboard thread! In case you lost track of where we are (since 'Social Groups' was d/c'ed), we are in the 'Friends of Cruise Critic' sub-forum -- down at the end of the main menu page. Would love to hear from you, if you have a minute to pop-in and say 'Hi'!