Millennium Class ships moving to Pullmantur?

dadraftsman

It is so sad.. I go back to the Horizon and when you had to pay to join the Captain's Club and the wonderful food by Michel Roux... Those were the best days on Celebrity.  We also had wonderful times on Millennium and Century....  

Edited by neilrr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

I have a Lift n Shift cruise from 11/2020. Moved to 11/2021.

This new cruise isn’t showing up on their website and I can’t book any cruise.

This is on my favorite ship.  The Constellation.

Very sad

There are 3 cruises showing for the Connie in 11/21 November 7, 12 & 22nd.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, neilrr said:

It is so sad.. I go back to the Horizon and when you had to pay to join the Captain's Club and the wonderful food by Michel Roux... Those were the best days on Celebrity.  We also had wonderful times on Millennium and Century....  

I do too and I totally agree with you.

We did  a L&S from December 2020 to December 2021 on the Constellation out of Tampa.  Wish we knew for sure if that sailing is going forward  before we book flights.  We love the Millennium class and usually sale on the Summit out of Bayonne since we live in NJ.

We did a lift and shift on Constellation from January 2021 to 2022. We would love to know if it was a go as we could switch to Reflection or Silhouette out of FLL for the same time period. We really like the Constellation itinerary to the ABC islands much better.  

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

If you have a cruise booked on a ship that's sold what happens?  They may not replace it with same category?  I'm thinking about Infinity.

We were booked on Century for the last sailing, Dubai to Rome, EASTER 2015..

They redeployed the ship to Asia, we were informed in September 2014, that we could have taken one of her last 3 cruises, Singapore to Dubai& return.

We couldn’t take any of those cruises due to work commitments, but were also told we could book other sailings & given $200 per cabin for the inconvenience. We booked Eclipse, Northern Capitals for July 2015, for our Golden Wedding.

On 12/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, neilrr said:

I also have fond memories of Horizon  and sailed on Century on her last season in Alaska in 2012. 

IMG_1563.thumb.jpeg.8687998bab1953c8b8e7ef79031ba4ee.jpeg

we too miss the horizon. Las time we sailed on her we hit a slot machine for $1800 and paid for the cruise...Everything about that ship was great, food, entertainment, staff, the list goes on and on. We too are booked on a 10 day sailing in dec 21' on the "connie" and pray that she is still in the fleet. I would not venture a guess on what celebrity would replace her with for the many sailings out of our home port of tampa....Time will tell. wish everyone a happy holiday season.

If RCG has a desire or obligation to transfer ships to Pullmantur I find it disturbing they would look to move Celebrity M class ones rather than older / smaller Royal Vision class.  Considering the far greater number of ships Royal has in service it displays a lack of commitment to the X brand.  Reinforcing this point is how X added no new ships between 2012 (Reflection) and 2018 (Edge) while Royal added five.

7 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

If RCG has a desire or obligation to transfer ships to Pullmantur I find it disturbing they would look to move Celebrity M class ones rather than older / smaller Royal Vision class.  Considering the far greater number of ships Royal has in service it displays a lack of commitment to the X brand.  Reinforcing this point is how X added no new ships between 2012 (Reflection) and 2018 (Edge) while Royal added five.

RCG clearly has a say in this decision, but let's not forget the influence of the CEOs of RCI and Celebrity. Unfortunately, Celebrity was the definite loser IMO when Michael Bayley moved to take over RCI and Lisa Lutoff-Perlo named as his replacement.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, neilrr said:

Horizon, Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Michael Roux, Bananas Foster & Crepe Suzettes prepared tableside by the Maitre'D.  These ships might not have had balcony staterooms but it was that LUXURY EXPERIENCE that hooked us to choose cruising as our ultimate vacation experience...particular on all European cruises. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

RCG clearly has a say in this decision, but let's not forget the influence of the CEOs of RCI and Celebrity. Unfortunately, Celebrity was the definite loser IMO when Michael Bayley moved to take over RCI and Lisa Lutoff-Perlo named as his replacement.

We think the downward move started with Bayley and maybe even before that.. but LLP is definitely not an improvement, if in fact she is really in charge

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Horizon, Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Michael Roux, Bananas Foster & Crepe Suzettes prepared tableside by the Maitre'D.  These ships might not have had balcony staterooms but it was that LUXURY EXPERIENCE that hooked us to choose cruising as our ultimate vacation experience...particular on all European cruises. 

Cruising at its best at reasonable fares!

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

And what about the swan floating in a pool of chocolate and the little mesh potato baskets filled with perfectly cooked veggies?  I am sorry Infinity might go as it will be added to the list of Celebrity ships we never sailed on.  Never sailed on Horizon or Galaxy either.  We started out with Meridian and were blown away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Cruising at its best at reasonable fares!

I've only been cruising for the past 10 years, so can't opine on what it was like 15, 20, 25, 30 years ago.  Much in our daily lives has changed drastically over the years, some for the better and some not so much, depending on ones point of view.  I for one embrace change, try to look at it from the perspective of perhaps encouraging others to look at a different point of view.  Not that we cannot lament something we truly loved changing out of our comfort zone, but just in the sense of Cest la vie...I'm willing to try something to introduced to a wider audience.  

I’ve been distracted for last few months.

Today I decided to check my LnS cruise rebooked from 11/20 tom11/21. On the Connie 

w

What a surprise. My cabin was changed from an aft wrap around balcony with two rooms (FV) to a cabin I would not book.  It is a family small cabin with a porthole. No veranda.  
No thanks.   I have a TA, and have emailed him.  Not acceptable

Edited by Caymus88

5 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

Today I decided to check my LnS cruise rebooked from 11/20 tom11/21. On the Connie 

w

What a surprise. My cabin was changed from an aft wrap around balcony with two rooms (FV) to a cabin I would not book.  It is a family small cabin with a porthole. No veranda.  

Just another reason why we've decided not to book any cruises sailing in 2021 and will wait until the first few months of '21 to book anything for 2022. We disappointedly missed our "bucket list" sailing to the Holy Land in September, and as much as I wanted to rebook the itinerary for Sept 2021, I have no faith in how things will be handled.   

2 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

w

Did you already have the FV cabin assigned on the 2021 sailing and it has now been changed or did they reassign you as part of the L&S process.    If the later I can see why you are upset but technically there are no FV on Connie after April 2021.  They were re-classified to Sunset Suites and were supposed to be updated as part of the refit.   Of course the refit never happened but they have not reverted the deck plans.  I'd assume they assigned you a 2A category  balcony as "best available".  

This issue has come up before where people were not allowed to L&S from the FV.  Hope you have a good TA.

Now if it were previously assigned and now they moved you they need to make it right.

I ran into this type of situation with a L&S from Reflection 1A cabin to Connie.  They would only put me in a 2A claiming 1A is highest balcony cabin on Reflection and 2A is highest on M class.  I maintained it was a multi category downgrade and they should have put me in a C3.   Ended up cancelling the B2B.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I ran into this type of situation with a L&S from Reflection 1A cabin to Connie.  They would only put me in a 2A claiming 1A is highest balcony cabin on Reflection and 2A is highest on M class.  I maintained it was a multi category downgrade and they should have put me in a C3.   Ended up cancelling the B2B.

You absolutely made the right decision to cancel. You should have been assigned a C3 since that is comparable in square footage to a 1A on the Reflection.

Celebrity definitely better get there act together on what is a comparable room category replacement. It's obvious that whoever offered you a 172sq ft 2A (without balcony) on the Connie as a replacement for a 193 sq ft. 1A (without balcony) on the Reflection has no clue about the differences between M-class and S-class ships.