Millennium Class ships moving to Pullmantur?

dadraftsman

Currently booked for the December 2021 on Constellation out of Tampa - We switched to it from the Canal Touch Cruise that was supposed to go this December.

What is interestings is there was going to be a Canal Touch on Edge the same time in December which now seems to be just a 7 day Caribbean  -  But there is also a bunch of cruises still showing stopping in Key West -

It will be interesting to see what happens - I think right now Celebrity (and others) are just trying to figure out what is happening tomorrow. 

I did see one one of the cruise news sites that all the lines are reporting some of their best Black Friday bookings ever so far. So the lines are getting an influx of cash from deposits - is just a mater of how they will shift things around. 

In June, 2020, when Pullmantur shareholders decided that reorganization was necessary, workers hired by RCI began dismantling two of Pullmanturs ships. The third, at the time, was transporting crew members to ports for the journey home. With X owning a 49% stake in Pullmantur and a Spanish investment firm owning 51%, you wonder if this reorganization will involve a change in percentage of ownership. The monetary arrangements agreed upon in the re-org could well determine which two Celebrity M class ships will be transferred or sold. With the popularity of M class ships still viable, I would guess that the refurbished ships would go to Pullmantur, giving that line more attractive options in it's attempt to re-vitalize. In 2021, Celebrity will revolutionize it's remaining two M class ships thus preparing them for a new debut in 2022.    

38 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

With the popularity of M class ships still viable, I would guess that the refurbished ships would go to Pullmantur, giving that line more attractive options in it's attempt to re-vitalize. In 2021, Celebrity will revolutionize it's remaining two M class ships thus preparing them for a new debut in 2022.    

I don´t think so... the major part of Revolution was to integrate the suite only areas etc. (The Retreat).
This part is of no interest to Pullmantur at all, since it´s not really an upscale line.

My guess is Infinity and Conny which will then be remodelled to Pullmantur style.

Edited by Miaminice

6 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I agree that the E class is below par but I won't be moving to Pullmantur .  I think you would have a better experience if you started singing the "Love Boat" song.

Another for E class being below par. We have 2 cruises booked on Millie and 1 on Connie.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

In June, 2020, when Pullmantur shareholders decided that reorganization was necessary, workers hired by RCI began dismantling two of Pullmanturs ships. The third, at the time, was transporting crew members to ports for the journey home. With X owning a 49% stake in Pullmantur and a Spanish investment firm owning 51%, you wonder if this reorganization will involve a change in percentage of ownership. The monetary arrangements agreed upon in the re-org could well determine which two Celebrity M class ships will be transferred or sold. With the popularity of M class ships still viable, I would guess that the refurbished ships would go to Pullmantur, giving that line more attractive options in it's attempt to re-vitalize. In 2021, Celebrity will revolutionize it's remaining two M class ships thus preparing them for a new debut in 2022.    

Spif you offer an interesting alternative explanation for the already refurbished ships going to Pullmantur.  You are right that this is about the terms of the financial plan for reorganization.  And that is usually about future success and financial guarantees. So maybe it would make some sense along that line of reasoning that Millennium and Summit get transferred. They might have more overall value within the parent RCG corporation to stabilize Pullmantur than to continue as old (albeit refurbished) ships within Celebrity.  But what then happens to Infinity and Connie?  Refurbish?  Sell? Scrap?  This all depends on demand for capacity post-pandemic particularly with more E-Class coming into service.

We attempted to L & S our Feb 26th Connie to March 2022 and X refused.  They cancelled our reservation, but not the whole cruise as yet.  TA couldn't understand it.  Waiting for a refund.  Why would you give the money back rather than accept an L/S unless the ship wasn't going to be there?

23 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

I don´t think so... the major part of Revolution was to integrate the suite only areas etc. (The Retreat).
This part is of no interest to Pullmantur at all, since it´s not really an upscale line.

My guess is Infinity and Conny which will then be remodelled to Pullmantur style.

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Spif you offer an interesting alternative explanation for the already refurbished ships going to Pullmantur.  You are right that this is about the terms of the financial plan for reorganization.  And that is usually about future success and financial guarantees. So maybe it would make some sense along that line of reasoning that Millennium and Summit get transferred. They might have more overall value within the parent RCG corporation to stabilize Pullmantur than to continue as old (albeit refurbished) ships within Celebrity.  But what then happens to Infinity and Connie?  Refurbish?  Sell? Scrap?  This all depends on demand for capacity post-pandemic particularly with more E-Class coming into service.

T - Both you and Miaminice make excellent points. Certainly, what Miaminice suggests would seem a less expensive more logical endeavor, at least in the short term. But, I wonder about the long term. Although under the umbrella of RCI. I believe if Pullmanters intentions are to make an impression with a larger segment of the cruising population, then offering more upscale on less framework is a good start in a new direction.   

33 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Just an FYI, this conversation has been had a couple of times in the past three years or so in regards to the M class ships leaving Celebrity.  Nice to speculate but don't believe anything until you see a press release. 

While you are right that there is not an official announcement, there does seem to be a plan in the works, as per this (sourced) article on Cruise Critic's news page:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5762/

Seems like more than just speculation at this point. The question is more "which ships will it be?"

• Like 1

My next cruise on Connie is still a long way off, Oct 2021. I have a tentative schedule which includes private guides, venues where a 6 months lead time is needed (prior pandemic), flights, etc. I only hope they publish their decision so that plans can be made.  Predictions when sailing will begin due to Covid are based upon health of passengers and crew so will be determined as we control or eradicate  the risk of spread. Cancelling due top the possibility of selling a ship just adds more uncertainty and frustration. I have 2 future cruises booked with the unknowns and some certainty would be welcome on Celebrity's plans. 

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Just an FYI, this conversation has been had a couple of times in the past three years or so in regards to the M class ships leaving Celebrity.  Nice to speculate but don't believe anything until you see a press release. 

You seem to have missed that Pullmantur announced it...

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

Glad we did a lift and shift from Connie Jan  2021 to Reflection 2022.

Avoids any stress about potential sale  or removal from Service. 

We had several great trips on Connie over the years...she'll be missed if she goes...Once she was dropped from the refurb plans, it makes sense for her to go..along with Infinity..also showing her age,

31 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

I will point out that, Summit at least, has been heavily chartered (Jazz Cruises etc) for the first few months of 2022. Don't know about Millie -- or the other two not-yet-revolutionized M-Class ships.

My best guess would be that Millennium would end up replacing Infinity on the South America itineraries announced by X last week. With this said, the previously scheduled cruises for Constellation & Millennium during the 2021-22 season would likely be cancelled as part of the redeployment. The Millie & Summit could cover the Venice sailings for future seasons.

Edited by Cruisertoday

27 minutes ago, Cruisertoday said:

My best guess would be that Millennium would end up replacing Infinity on the South America itineraries announced by X last week. With this said, the previously scheduled cruises for Constellation & Millennium during the 2021-22 season would likely be cancelled as part of the redeployment. The Millie & Summit could cover the Venice sailings for future seasons.

Excellent theses!

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

I saw this post and was shocked, again !!!

We have a cruised booked on X Constellation next year November, I hope this isn't true and if so wait till we cruise before they get rid of her, lol !

Edited by m8zenblue

Contacted Celebrity on Twitter and received this response:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

While we fully support the reorganization efforts of Pullmantur and continue to work productively with Pullmantur as it develops its new business plan, it is important to clarify that we have not agreed to lease or sell any of our ships, including any Celebrity Millennium class ships, to Pullmantur.

Hugh

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Hello,

While we fully support the reorganization efforts of Pullmantur and continue to work productively with Pullmantur as it develops its new business plan, it is important to clarify that we have not agreed to lease or sell any of our ships, including any Celebrity Millennium class ships, to Pullmantur.

Hugh

Hugh?

23 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Hello,

Hugh

They are a publicly traded company and won't confirm until there is an official press release.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Hello,

Hugh

They won’t say anything until it’s official, like everything else in the cruise world, it’s all under contract.

But it makes sense for it to be Infinity and Constellation, the pair have been floating around in Greek waters for a while.

While the other two are sitting in US waters. 

• Like 1

In the past I have been planning my large trips a year in advance like many of us. I have always enjoyed doing the research on what I wished to see in ports long before my trip and rarely would be disappointed that I missed something to see or experience.  I am realizing that  I might in the future look to 90 days ahead and minimize the disappointment. 🙄