How Hopeful - March 2021

cellfree

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Pat, why you booked a non refundable rate falls under the category of "NOYB". I'd be doing the same. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. IMO you have a good argument as why the hotel should do a refund. If (hope it does 🤞) it works out in your favor, great. If not, at least you tried. 👍

LOL...I knew there was reason I liked you.  😉 😄 

Yeah, could not live with myself if I didn't at least try.  Bit of a bulldog...will hold onto the bite as long as I can...in a nice polite way that is.  😉  More flies with honey....

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s what worries us. We have the cruise on Jewel booked for Baltic’s out of   Copenhagen. Wondering about hotel/airfare. This is in August. Not sure it’s going to sail. 

M8

I was booked on Jewel for August 2021 B2B Baltics/British Isles....from Amsterdam.  RCI canceled that to send it to Copenhagen...without the option of changing over.  I took the refund.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

There was no option but being prepaid and non-refundable at the hotel I booked.  Indeed the 1,292.48 price for the four nights on the harbor in a suite would be the smallest loss to take,  over the total cost of the rest of the Aussie trip, of which fortunately the rest will be refunded in total, with the hotel being the hold out. 

That amount may not mean much to you...but I still intend to try to get it back, with U.S. Citizens not being allowed to travel to the country of Australia.  

It would mean a lot to me! That is why we try to stay away from non-refundable hotel rooms. I am very sorry if you have to take the loss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

No, I am working on channels direct with booking company and hotel.  But thanks anyway.  🙂 

I may live to regret it but booked a suite with ocean view for next sept. .. nonrefundable.  Must have gotten the last at that price, as they raised the price a lot now. Only regular rooms now at that price at that hotel. It's high hurricane season. Everything in life these days is a risk, but I'll go anyway, even if my cruise doesnt  so hopefully it's a little different than your ... barring a hurricane. 

Nothing in life seems guaranteed lately. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I may live to regret it but booked a suite with ocean view for next sept. .. nonrefundable.  Must have gotten the last at that price, as they raised the price a lot now. Only regular rooms now at that price at that hotel. It's high hurricane season. Everything in life these days is a risk, but I'll go anyway, even if my cruise doesnt  so hopefully it's a little different than your ... barring a hurricane. 

Nothing in life seems guaranteed lately. 

That's for sure.  It seems like nothing in the way of trips/cruises I toss against the wall is sticking now.  😮   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

That's for sure.  It seems like nothing in the way of trips/cruises I toss against the wall is sticking now.  😮   

I'm tired of cancellations.  I now see the price $3 less fees and wondering if that was extra for suite or why higher fees than I see now, oh well, let's hope they give me the suite for 1 person, says sleeps 6.

I'm wanting to see the ocean so much I'm tempted to just drive on down, but both my parents arent feeling well. I'd drive to see my cousins new condo in venice florida if they felt better, but I think have to settle for Galveston oceanfront. We are on the way soon to the doctor for dad. I need to soooooo. Now... I'm jonsing for some ocean. Cruise or no cruise. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:02 PM, rockmom said:

They cancelled through February.  Will March sailings go? Probably not, but the current cancelations go through Feb 28th, not March.  

There was a thread that mentioned that RCL cancelled all cruises thru March, however, it has since disappeared.  

I've got an Easter cruise on Anthem out of Bayonne.  My TA had a Dec. 3 or earlier date for payment.  They in the past have been pretty punctual, but my credit card has not been charged yet.  Could be a clue.

On 12/3/2020 at 3:31 PM, bouhunter said:

The soonest RCCL will sail from the US is 3 months.  Maybe.  Yes Navigator and Mariner are popular thoughts, but nothing is known for sure about any ship.  Pure speculation.

I’m thinking like you. 

Follow up.  

After a week of going back and forth with travel website and their parent company, along with calls and emails to the hotel in Sydney I finally got results.  Got the hotel to admit to travel company that there are no international visitors allowed into Australia.  

Non-refundable prepaid hotel for four nights to the tune of almost 1300 bucks...refunded back to my credit card this morning.  Persistence pays.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

Follow up.  

After a week of going back and forth with travel website and their parent company, along with calls and emails to the hotel in Sydney I finally got results.  Got the hotel to admit to travel company that there are no international visitors allowed into Australia.  

Non-refundable prepaid hotel for four nights to the tune of almost 1300 bucks...refunded back to my credit card this morning.  Persistence pays.  😉 

Congratulations that's good news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Follow up.  

Right on Pat. 🍷

• Like 2

Bite and don't let go...they don't nickname me bulldog for nothin'.  Very obstinate when I want my way.  😄 

Agree. Small world...my nickname is 'DOG". I won't go into how the name came about but it was a veeery long time ago in what I call my other life. 😇

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Small world...my nickname is 'DOG". I won't go into how the name came about but it was a veeery long time ago in what I call my other life. 😇

We laugh when we see a sign that says..."no pets allowed inside"...Bucky calls himself a dog, coming from a former life of sniffing after the ladies I guess.  😄   You two would have to stay outside.  

• Like 1